Thread: 740i bc coilovers?

My Cars
    1995 Bmw 740i

740i bc coilovers?

Recently just bought a 740i and I'm looking to lower it about 1-2" all around. Are bc coilovers the way to go or are there any other options out there?

My Cars
    BLK 01 sp, 20 Trail Boss
    There are tons of options but BC coilovers are a good choice
    Last edited by setconstr; 08-16-2017 at 11:05 PM.

My Cars
    1998 E38 750iL
    BC are a good choice, a number of people have them and don't usually have any complaints.

I haven't driven BC, but I installed ST coils and did a write-up/review here.
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...oilover-review

My Cars
    00 750IL, 01 740IL
    I have bc coilovers, and had it for a while, but I can't seem to dial in the hard bumps. Its very comfortable if road are decent but over hard bump it very rough. I have swift springs at 10k/9k spring rate, then 9k/7k still smooth but over hard bumps it can't control the rebounds. I tried preloading and it gets rough, get rid of the preload is the best, but back to smooth on normal road but still rough over hard bumps. I go from soft to hard setting on the rebound I just can't find the settings to accommodate the hard bump/occillation. If it can control the hard bump oscillation then its rough all around. Compare with konis I had on my e36 and prelude konis were very compliance over hard bumps. Even though its totally different car I'm comparing with, but I was running much higher spring rates, but the car was lighter at same time. 9k/7k on an e38 is soft and should feel very soft, which it does but the damp can't control the springs still. I'm still playing with the settings as of today. My 740 with hr2/bilstein yellow its much more compliance, still stiff but it controls the springs perfectly.

My Cars
    1998 E38 750iL
    Quote Originally Posted by asianvenom View Post
    I have bc coilovers, and had it for a while, but I can't seem to dial in the hard bumps. Its very comfortable if road are decent but over hard bump it very rough. I have swift springs at 10k/9k spring rate, then 9k/7k still smooth but over hard bumps it can't control the rebounds. I tried preloading and it gets rough, get rid of the preload is the best, but back to smooth on normal road but still rough over hard bumps. I go from soft to hard setting on the rebound I just can't find the settings to accommodate the hard bump/occillation. If it can control the hard bump oscillation then its rough all around. Compare with konis I had on my e36 and prelude konis were very compliance over hard bumps. Even though its totally different car I'm comparing with, but I was running much higher spring rates, but the car was lighter at same time. 9k/7k on an e38 is soft and should feel very soft, which it does but the damp can't control the springs still. I'm still playing with the settings as of today. My 740 with hr2/bilstein yellow its much more compliance, still stiff but it controls the springs perfectly.
    Are you adjusting rebound damping at the front, or rear, or both? The front rebound will affect how large bumps are initially felt (if there's a large jolt felt to the car, and how the nose reacts, bouncing up and down or being controlled) while the rear rebound will have more effect on how your actual ride quality in the seat feels. You may have adjusted in this way already, but if you've been chasing different settings and adjusting front and rear all over the place at the same time, it may be worthwhile to adjust one end at a time.

I know how frustrating it is to chase the right settings when you don't like your daily ride quality. Hope you find something you like.

My Cars
    00 750IL, 01 740IL
    I make one adjust at each side at a time...from rebound, to ride heights, to swaybar attachment to detachment, to preload, to spring swapping. I'm starting to think that is just the limit of the coilover, I got to pretty comfortable up to about 99% of the time, it just that 1 hard bump that I'm getting tossed in the car and annoyed of. Yes it is my daily commuter but not only car.

My Cars
    1995 Bmw 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by asianvenom View Post
    If you don't get the bcs are there any other struts that aren't coilovers that would be the best option to go? Are there konis available for this make and model of BMW because I have konis on my 2004 Toyota Corolla and with 2" Godspeed springs and it handles very well over bumps and hard roads.

My Cars
    2000 sporty shorty
    Thus is my 740i with H&R stage 2's and oem struts

ForumRunner_20170816_211208.png

My Cars
    1995 Bmw 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badturboe38 View Post
    Thus is my 740i with H&R stage 2's and oem struts

ForumRunner_20170816_211208.png
    Is the ride quality still comfortable on oem struts? Did you have to roll your fenders at all with the 1.9" drop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk