Thread: ABS / DSC problem

My Cars
    2007 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe

ABS / DSC problem

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my BMW Z4 E86 3.0si coupe 07.

It started about month ago, I was driving in rain and suddenly DSC, ABS and yellow parking brake light went on with beep. But when I was driving home at evening the lights go off. They appeared again after few days when it was raining too.

Since that time it occcured more and more often. Now, it's just on all the time.

Yesterday I plugged in BMW scanner and these are what I got.

Errrors:

DME
    2DCC [11724] - Message from ASC/DSC missing, ASC1 (not present)
    2DCD [11725] - Message from ASC/DSC missing, ASC1 (not present)
    2DCE [11726] - Message from ASC/DSC missing, ASC1 (not present)

ABS
    5DF0 [24048] - Pump unit faulty (present)
    5DF1 [24048] - Error number 5DF1 (present)

IKE
    F5 [245] - No CAN message (ASC1) (not present)
    F9 [249] - No CAN message (ASC3) (not present)

LEW
    09 [009] - No CAN message (ASC) (present)
    0C [012] - CAN-Bus off (present)

Final observations are:
    - when I clear these errors they occur again even when not driving, it's enough to start the car for them to appear
    - when I try to diagnose ABS module, I can do so only about a minute after turning key into ignition position. After that it tells me not found, or status unknown

I would appreciate any ideas before buying that really expensive ABS module...

My Cars
    2007 Z4 3.0Si
    This is what I would do as I am wondering if water may have gotten somewhere it's not supposed to?
    I'd pull unplug the (-) battery terminal and let it sit while I and pull and reseat every plug/fuse associated with the ABC/TSC, lift the car and visually inspect/reseat the connectors to the abs on the back side of the wheels, then plug the battery cable back on.
    See if that helps?

My Cars
    2003 Z4 2.5
    I have unplugged the battery, with no results. It comes on then goes off after turning car off and on. One independent mechanic tells me to check brake pads.

My Cars
    2001 bmw e46 320i
    How did you solve the issue?

My Cars
    06 M Roadster Red/Blk
    Check this thread: http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725821

Unfortunately this may be a $$$ one to fix.

My Cars
    04 Z4 3.0i 6MT
    I wonder if this is the same problem experienced by many Jaguar owners. The problem there is caused by poor solder on the posts to the pump connections failing eventually. The fix is to open the module an re-solder the posts. It would be interesting to try that on a BMW.

My Cars
    2007 Z4
    I have the same problem on my 2007 z4 coupe. Got the three orange lights. They come on, they go off. When they're on, I don't get the anti-rollback-on-hill-while-in-gear feature whatever it's called.
    A day or two later the lights go out and the antirollback starts working.

I've been living with it like this for a few months. Seems maybe humidity related, I was thinking maybe I forgot to change a sensor when I did the brakes? From above, it sounds worse than that.

Can somebody give me a good reason to spend the $$$ that I don't have to buy all those expensive parts that I can otherwise live without?

It seems the ABS still works in this scenario, so as far as I can tell, it's just the anti-rollback feature.

Also this occurred to me the other day, maybe you guys have some insight. My mother in law has a 530xi and that car's got way more electronics and computers than my z4 does thank god, but I was told by her mechanic that when you replace the battery in her 530, you have to register the battery so the car knows to tell the alternator to stop overcharging the battery since it's a fresh one and is more easily charged.

I changed the battery in my z4 a few years ago and never did that. Does anybody know if that register-the-battery thing is required on the z4? And if so, how do I do it?
    Or is it too late since the battery isn't brand new anymore?

My Cars
    06 M Roadster Red/Blk
    No. You do not have to register the battery on the E85 Z4. Ours is one of the last BMW's not requiring registration. That isn't your issue.

My Cars
    2004 Z4, 1700 Nomad MC
    Likely low voltage issue caused by battery needing to be replaced. Also could be voltage regulator issue......

Google “Z4 Trifecta”..... the various posts will help explain the low voltage will cause the warning lights/codes that you are experiencing.

Check your standing battery voltage prior to starting.... check your voltage when running... check what the voltage does when revving engine up. This will help determine if your battery needs to be changed... or you have a voltage regulator issue that also needs to be addressed.

If the battery is old... just replace as I did when I had the issue. I also changed my voltage regulator later on as well. Once I changed the battery and once again cleared the codes my issue/warning lights resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    z3
    Trifecta lights can also be caused by wheel speed sensors, if the odomter/speedometer stops working it is the rear sensor if the odo/speedo works and just the three lights, front wheel speed sensor.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2003 Z4 2.5
    I had yellow brake light and triangle for a year. I finally got around to removing and cleaning 3 out of 4 wheel sensors and coating with die electric grease. Problem solved for now , no warning lights, thank goodness. I did buy and use a Creator 310, all it showed was a fault with the convertible module, which may be why my top is hard to go up now.