Thread: Debacle at NCM Motorsports Park reaches new low !!!

My Cars
    330i, Z06, Shelby GT

Debacle at NCM Motorsports Park reaches new low !!!

Many of those on the corvette forum have known me for a long time, and I consider all of them to be my friends. Some of you know that I spent a tremendous amount of time and money in fundraising efforts and making presentations in support of the NCM Motorsports Park. Some of you may have seen me speak at driving events or other functions. It was a labor of love for me to see the project come to fruition.

After the MSP grand opening in August, 2014 I began communicating directly to the Corvette Museum’s board of directors to alert them to the many deficiencies that the MSP was facing with the local planning commission, the most notable issues relating to noise abatement structures that were not built in accordance with the Detailed Development Plan. This was a major mistake, excessive noise just cannot be hidden or ignored.

I am not going to try to re-litigate all of the hearings, the broken promises, the legal battles or the media coverage. Anyone can find such information by a search of public records. I have for the most part remained silent about the noise issue in hopes that the NCM would address and correct the problems. They have not.

When forming your opinion on the noise problems at the MSP, I can only hope that you will ask yourself, “How would you feel if this were my mother?”

I will probably be labeled as a “whistleblower” by some and a “traitor” by others. Regardless, I will remain a steadfast supporter of both the NCM and MSP. There are many outstanding people in both operations. Sometimes the correct path is the tortured path, which is what I have chosen.

The tipping point for me happened a few weeks ago when I learned that Ms. Betty Crump (the closest resident to the track) had been diagnosed with Type II diabetes. I am not a medical professional, but it is clear that medical studies show that excessive noise can cause stress, resulting in a higher blood sugar count and the onset of diabetes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20193636

During the trial in Warren Circuit Court in November, 2015, Wendell Strode, Executive Director of the NCM testified as follows:
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfmGyWcXIQc&feature=em-upload_owner[/url]

wall was never built as promised, and six months later Ms. Crump received her bad news.

There is no way to assert a 100% correlation of cause and effect, but there is no doubt that Wendell made false testimony under oath.

In the same hearing, the local planning commission joined the residents against the track:

http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/plan...0b9e33840.html

In this never ending saga, the NCM is not (and has never been) in full compliance with the Detailed Development Plan filed with the planning commission in March, 2012.
    For additional information:
    https://www.facebook.com/tracknoise/...62284614013028
    It is understood that this thread could result in a heated debate among the members of this forum, a debate that I most likely will not participate in. As an “insider” on the MSP Advisory Committee for six years (2008-2014), I have maintained voluminous records for the entire period. I will not post this information on the open forum, but will provide a web site which will lay out every applicable document and video of hearings and legal proceedings. This site will take a while to build, but should be ready in 30-60 days.

Thanks for listening.

My Cars
    86 el camino, 95+98 m3
    WAIT.. Race track noise now causes type II diabetes? Fo real

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    I support your efforts but I'm diabetic and I find it very, very hard to support any connection between noise and diabetes.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    2006 Estoril Blue/Cin M3
    How is this not Spam?

My Cars
    330i, 323i
    NCM = ?
    National Vette Museum?
    none

My Cars
    Many
    It is spam.

My Cars
    3 - E30 M3s, '04 Ford F350, '06 Audi A3
    Mods, please ban OP for life.
    Thanks
    jimmy p.

88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - street
    88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU
    87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car 2.0 Litre
    04 Ford F350 - V10
    06 Audi A3 Brilliant Red / 2.0 / DSG

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by satakal View Post
    NCM = ?
    National Vette Museum?
    Mm hmm.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    Spec3 & MCoupe
    I have no clue where I fall on this situation but this post is hardly spam. If one of my local tracks was being a bad neighbor (in that neighbor's subjective opinion) I'd want to know the backstory. If you disagree with OP, say so in a respectful way. Labeling the post as spam and banning OP because we disagree with the message seems unwarranted. And the guy actually owns a BMW (according to his profile) and has been a member since 2009. It's not like he joined the forum solely to post this message.
    Last edited by OCRentAPopo; 08-13-2017 at 03:27 PM. Reason: added detail

NeilM is offline Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    96 M3, 15 Golf R, 18 Q5
    NVR2L8's rant is based on information from 2015, when NCM first opened (note the linked newspaper article dates). There was subsequently an agreement to build a large earthen berm between the track area and a small residential development, the nearest houses of which are about a quarter of a mile away to the SE, over a low hill. I haven't been there since 2015, but presume this berm must have been constructed.

The track is bounded by I-69 to the N and NW, and I'd guess that this is noisier overall (noise level over time) than the track, although peak noise levels from the track when it's in use would certainly be higher. There's no pro racing at NCM, so they're in a position easily to impose noise limits on participants there.

Neil

My Cars
    '95m3(Avus)/996tt/4.8is
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilM View Post
    There's no pro racing at NCM, so they're in a position easily to impose noise limits on participants there.

Neil
    Which they are abundantly clear about and thoroughly enforce in my personal experience.....

My Cars
    '01 3.0 ZCoupe
    The berm is there, and every lap was monitored for sound the one time I was there.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325i
    I've been to NCM a bunch. back in june my last visit, the track managers indicated that the sound troubles are in control. there are permanent sound microphones posted by the feds or someone official they get fines in the mail, when the line is crossed. NCM also monitors on track also, exit of 3 you can see a mic guy. 103 was the normal max, think it was 102.5 Db last time there but thats monster loud. i hit 92 or 93 in e36 full BW race with res. going back in Oct.