Thread: E36&46 stand alone questions!!

My Cars
    1979 BMW 320i

E36&46 stand alone questions!!

So I'm new to the rest of the forum I've mostly been in the e21 forum for the last year and some change. But recently I've been looking at picking up a e36 or e46 for a street/drift car maybe and I turbo set up but I'm stuck at what I'd do for engine management. Seems like there's a huge difference in obd1 vs 2. What would my options be? I really like mega squirt but would I have to get rid of ac and other accessories and would I need to completely do a custom harness?

sorry for men questions I'm not super familiar with new BMW
    M20 swapped E21 FTW!!

My Cars
    1993 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathMO View Post
    I really like mega squirt but would I have to get rid of ac and other accessories and would I need to completely do a custom harness?

sorry for men questions I'm not super familiar with new BMW
    No:

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...nd-M52-engines

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    You can make 1000 rwhp with a tuned stock ECU and bigger injectors and different HFM if you don't want to go standalone. I gave been super or turbocharged for 12 years on a tuned stock ECU. Very flexible due to the hfm. Have run 4 different turbos at 500-700 rwhp on same tune and it tune great out of boost as well.

My Cars
    97 M3/4 - Hurtig/AA TS
    So, to build on this thread, what are options for integrating alcohol injection with a high level of control, and probably more significantly, traction control that actually works, and helps control the power delivery in the first few gears where anything in the "serious" power regime becomes extremely difficult to manage in the first few gears?

Is a standalone the only option there? I don't think you can get the racelogic anymore, and if you could, by the time you buy that and a good alky controller, you are probably out almost as much as a standalone...

Big fan of the stock ECU tuned, but it seems like would be somewhat limiting if you want to branch out in these areas.
    Have you been Screwed?