Thread: Rev and idle problems bmw 330ci e46!

My Cars
    Bmw 330ci e46

Exclamation Rev and idle problems bmw 330ci e46!

I have big problem whit my bmw 330ci e46, I don't have the problem all the time but sometimes it will stay for a long time. Sometimes you can reset the fault codes and it will work for a few seconds or maybe sometimes for couples of weeks but the problem are always coming back. I have already switched a few parts at the workshop and by my self like throttle body, mass airflow sensor, crankcase ventilation system, Air Intake Boot, and we have also changed a few rubber hoses how was in bad condition.

And my local mechanic haw now send over the last fault codes tho a bmw mechanic and he told us at the ECU it's probably broken !? Do anybody have some tips or experiences
    the same problem?

In the video I hit the full power but the car will not rev more than 1500rmp and idel is usually wear crappy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oumaZYnagGk

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Get that car on a scanner and read the data. Look at the throttle position sensor. Look at the readings for the o2 sensors. Read the timing and MAF readings. Look at all the days before you spend any more money. The OBD2 diagnostics will tell you a lot if you look.

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Is the fuel pump original? When was the fuel filter last changed? As recommended, you need to scan for and post the codes. That's always the first step.

My Cars
    2004 325XI/2008 GL320
    The DSC/CEL/EML lights all being on at the same time is indicative of a problem with the throttle body position sensors. If this is a pre-2002, then there are two sensors in the throttle body - A and B. If the voltages from each sensor are out of sync with each other, then it will trip the EML light and go in to limp mode as your video shows. If your vehicle is pre-2002, I would suggest unplugging the electrical connector from the throttle body, clean it, then reattach. Often this will help, but there are several cases where the wires in the loom for the throttle body break internally and cause this. The connector and wiring were redesigned in 02 to correct this issue.

My Cars
    Bmw 330ci e46
    so i have done a couple stuff this last week, the car is running better now and the eml and esp are not indicate no more, the idel is better but still not good some times it's lite bit ruff. I also removed the throttle body and put back again but i forgot to check the wires but the contact looked good. Last summer i changed to a stainless steel (including hedars) race system all the way from the engine maybe that's haw something to do whit the fault codes i get now? I was pretty careless when I changed the exhaust system last summer maybe some of the lambda sensors took damage? Now iam just getting the same fault code P1083 Fuel Control Mixture Lean (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

Next thing i will is to check for vacuums leaks whit maybe a smoke machine and check the fuel pressure, do anybody have any ideas?

My Cars
    Bmw 330ci e46
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UueLfIO7KnM a short video when i checking the obd2 whit the program torque whit my smartphone.
    Last edited by shogun; 08-08-2017 at 06:59 AM. Reason: double posts merged