Thread: 2003 BMW 745i E65 Master Combo Driver Door Issues

My Cars
    2003 745i

2003 BMW 745i E65 Master Combo Driver Door Issues

Good evening all,

I am having some issues after replacing the window regulator on my E65. The following post I placed on the Bimmerfest site and I am not getting the help I need. It is my hope that someone can shed some light on my issue.

While assembling the door panel I connected the combination switch on the driver's door. It's the switch that controls the windows, mirrors, and child proof locks. None of the functions of the combo switch are working. The child proof locks doesn't light up or engage. When operating the windows from each other door, the windows function as they should. I also noticed that the courtesy light on the bottom of the door is on and working. The same electrical connection powers both items. Because the courtesy light is working and the combo switch doesn't have power, it leads me to ask if there is a fuse to power the switch? I did check the fuses in the glove box and the rear trunk for the window lift and all seemed good.

What other items should I look into? I'm open to all suggestions. Is there a trick to getting the outer door panel to hook I'm the clips along the top of the door?

Last evening I decided to check on fuses that may be related to the window issues. I checked the glove box #19 and #21 fuses. Both fuses appears to be in good working order. I changed the #19 fuse just for good measure. After changing and checking the aforementioned fuses. I have to connect the driver door panel master switch to see if it works today.

I did notice that with the driver side master switch not connected, the two rear door windows did not work. Is there a sequence that is required for all of the windows to work? I did attempt to operate each window for it's door and not the master switch. The front window does function independently. Is there something I'm missing or need to be aware of?

When it was working last week, all windows work both independently and from the master switch. It only stopped once I reconnected and the cables.

I checked the fuses in the trunk last night and both the fuses #58 and #60 to the RH door are in good working order. Can any assist me in identifying the problem?

Thanks for your time,

Ron

Richmond, VA

************************************************** ************************************************** **************

My Cars
    2003 745i
    Good evening all,

i picked up a replacement master switch for the driver's door. Once I connected it, there wasn't any improvement. Can anyone tell me if I am missing anything?

Thank you in advance,

Ron

Richmond, VA

My Cars
    2003 745i
    Anyone?