I've been doing some suspension work on my e46 330xi and after getting everything all back together, it sounds like my front springs are making a popping sound when I turn the wheel under load. Below is a list of recent components that were replaced and the diagnostics I have done. Any help would be much appreciated.

Recent maintenance:
Lemfoerder FCABs, Control arms, inner ball joints and sway bar links
Koni yellow shocks and struts with H&R lowering springs and KMAC camber plates purchased used with 20K miles

Diagnostics:
The control arms, bushings, ball joints and sway bar links were all installed prior to the struts and springs and were not making any noises, so I doubt it is related to these components. The struts came assembled from the seller and I installed them exactly as they came. The camber plate bearings seemed to spin smooth with no issues. When the car is sitting on level ground, not moving, I can turn the wheel back and forth all the way and you can hear the popping sounds. It almost sounds like tension is building in the springs and then releasing. When I jack the car at the front center jack point, the sound does not happen, so only when its under load. With the wheels still on, I was able to rotate the springs left and right as if they were not seated properly. I also noticed the spring pads were really worn.

Is it possible that it could be as simple as the spring pads? Any one else had this problem with lowering springs?