BAVToys

Thread: DDM lighting still reliable?

My Cars
    1995 M3

DDM lighting still reliable?

HID that I bought in 2009 is still functioning.
    Wondering whether or not the latest generation of LED is worthwhile for an upgrade?

I haven't been keeping up with anything for quite a while.
    Walk a mile in my shoes and you are a mile away in someone else's shoes.
    Goodridge*UUC sways* Black TME's and mounts( switched from Red)* x-brace*brembo rotors*Zimmerman rear*Pagid*Riken Raptors* Roja Formula 7's (Bronze)* Stromung*Powdercoated AA DSB* OMP strut bar*GC RSM's* M3 alum/leather knob*JTD underpanel *Traffic PRO (sold) *Black hella Ellipsoids w/celis rings * ACS Pedals*ACS handbrake*RE Octane SSK*Wheelskins Eurotones S/ Wheel Cover( tossed-replaced with new one)* Totally Covers Front seat velour covers with custom styling *Rieger roof spoiler-lost it on fwy Stock A/B*URI CP (ditched years ago)*540 HFM (sold) Stock HFM (BeckArnley)*FMS 24 lb inj*Alum rad and some other stuff*Konis w/adj rr's*Vogtland springs ** Passport 8500(sold)*Passpprt 7500 (sold V1-1.8 with POP) No detectors at all.
    Coming...nada

BMWCCA-303681

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    Haven't had any issues with their HID kits and found their Ultra bulbs to be quite good. Also, got to test their warranty and I have to say I was pleased with the outcome. Can't speak for LED vs HID, I am quite pleased with my setups.

My Cars
    E36 Compact,Coupe,E30
    Running DDM's HID bulbs on some Ebay ballasts. Good bulbs. I will be going with their new "digital" HID ballasts soon as the Ebay ones don't have the greatest regulation. Only running 35W. I haven't been too impressed with any aftermarket LED stuff yet, even from Morimoto, but they are close.
    S52 E36 Compact
    E36 325is Coronaproject
    08 Saab 9-3 in Oxford Green

My Cars
    1995 m3

Umnitza

Quote Originally Posted by ZEKTI View Post
    Running DDM's HID bulbs on some Ebay ballasts. Good bulbs. I will be going with their new "digital" HID ballasts soon as the Ebay ones don't have the greatest regulation. Only running 35W. I haven't been too impressed with any aftermarket LED stuff yet, even from Morimoto, but they are close.
    Umnitza carries many different levels of ballasts from the 35 watt super slim digital ballasts, canbus 35 and 50 watt ballasts, Luxen NHK 45 watt ballasts and the Smart system 35 watt ballasts.
    We HID bulbs in many applications and colors including 3k, 4300k, 5k, 6k and 8k we also carry D1s bulbs, D2s bulbs, 4300k, 5k, and 6k.
    Give us a call at Umnitza for all your HID needs and more.

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    After being a very loyal longtime customer of ddm and having the last two orders arrive egregiously late, I decided to give them one more chance to show they have changed for the better...they failed. I ordered a diffuser and two pairs of foglights for customers. They took 7 days to figure out the diffuser was not in stock and did not send out the foglights until that point. I did not get the entire refund for the diffuser and shipping (they calculated shipping as if it as it was in their favor and lost a few bucks there), then they did not send out the foglights expedited as I had requested. All in all, nearly 2 weeks to receive foglights that shouldve been sent out the same day.
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    Umnitza, do you have a HID kit for the e36? I have ZKW projectors, but I didn't see any kits on your site....just parts like factory ballasts and bulbs?
    1997 Arctic Silver/Black M3
    CES Stage IV (651rwhp/615rwtq @ 24 psi)

1999 Techno Violet/Dove M3
    Auto/Convertible and staying stock!

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWManiac View Post
    Umnitza, do you have a HID kit for the e36? I have ZKW projectors, but I didn't see any kits on your site....just parts like factory ballasts and bulbs?
    Yes, we have them, that's what we call our factory canbus site.

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    Well, after finally getting a response from DDM regarding my complaint, they will not be refunding the shipping to me, nor the shipping back even though they were responsible for the delay on shipping the parts late to me for my customers. They have officially lost all of my future business.
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Wow, Jon...Jim has a number of stores now. They must be doing something right. I would think so anyway.
    Walk a mile in my shoes and you are a mile away in someone else's shoes.
    Goodridge*UUC sways* Black TME's and mounts( switched from Red)* x-brace*brembo rotors*Zimmerman rear*Pagid*Riken Raptors* Roja Formula 7's (Bronze)* Stromung*Powdercoated AA DSB* OMP strut bar*GC RSM's* M3 alum/leather knob*JTD underpanel *Traffic PRO (sold) *Black hella Ellipsoids w/celis rings * ACS Pedals*ACS handbrake*RE Octane SSK*Wheelskins Eurotones S/ Wheel Cover( tossed-replaced with new one)* Totally Covers Front seat velour covers with custom styling *Rieger roof spoiler-lost it on fwy Stock A/B*URI CP (ditched years ago)*540 HFM (sold) Stock HFM (BeckArnley)*FMS 24 lb inj*Alum rad and some other stuff*Konis w/adj rr's*Vogtland springs ** Passport 8500(sold)*Passpprt 7500 (sold V1-1.8 with POP) No detectors at all.
    Coming...nada

BMWCCA-303681