Thread: Need help, tranny problem but don/t know if i need new one or just some work.

My Cars
    05 Z4 3.0

Need help, tranny problem but don/t know if i need new one or just some work.

Hey guys so i had this happen right after i bought it from a seller and so the tranny light came on and revved high in 3k rpm and then had my mechanic change the oil and filter and it worked perfectly for about a week until it came on again tonight but instead of revving high it just goes to 2k rpm but sounds a lot louder than normal and when i was at a stop light i switched to manual and it still wouldn't shift up so i guess it was limp mode. Then i got back to my job and turned it off and went inside for a few minutes then turned it on and drove home fine. Also i have noticed that i feel a bit of heat sometimes coming from under the steering wheel kind of where the hook is to adjust the position of the wheel. And also when going from park to reverse or drive to reverse it kind of shifts hard.

Can you tell me some things it might be or hopefully(fingers crossed)i need a new tranny.

I read it might be some wires that got frayed or something and that can cause it.

Suck haha cause i just bought it like two weeks ago, i even had brought my mechanic to run it but i didn't take it to get a good inspection where they lift it and all(i knew i should have done it)

But any help is greatly appreciated.

My Cars
    05 Z4 3.0
    Bump

- - - Updated - - -

BUMP

My Cars
    2007 Z4 3.0Si
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyEberly View Post
    and then had my mechanic change the oil and filter and it worked perfectly for about a week until it came on again tonight.
    I'd take it back to this mechanic and make sure he put the proper amount/type of fluid in the trans.
    Is your transmission light on again?