Thread: "Dog ate my homework . . ."

My Cars
    way too many

"Dog ate my homework . . ."

Where do the blue wires go? I left the hood up to dry after hosing out the engine compartment and my EFFING A-HOLE OCD dachshund-pitbull mix was certain there was a critter in there. I turned my back on him for 10 minutes and that's all the more time he needed to tear things up. I found the chewed up brake booster vacuum elbow under the motor resting on the control arm. The dip stick was pulled out. The rest is history. Too bad the battery was dead, maybe the taste of a few Amps would have deterred him.

wires1.jpg

To make matters worse, he decided to check under the diagnostic connector too. This is why they make single-malt scotch.

wires2.jpg
    ​"The US Olympics bobsled team has renamed their sled 'Biden' because nothing has taken America downhill faster"

TheStigg (aka "gale")
    92 735i 5-spd, turbo pending
    89 535i 5-spd (may she rest in pieces)
    94 325ic 5-spd
    87 325is

My Cars
    !997 BMW 329i
    I don't think I'd have that dog for long, good luck with the wiring

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    That is not a dog, Gale, ;-)
    does it look like this cute little fluffball in the picture? https://jalopnik.com/how-cute-ferret...ion-1788013196

Checked on my M3, cannot find the 2 blue wires. The one for the brake fluid are probably the brown ones.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    way too many
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    That is not a dog, Gale, ;-)
    does it look like this cute little fluffball in the picture? https://jalopnik.com/how-cute-ferret...ion-1788013196
    Here's the culprit, caught him in the act:

roo.jpg

Yes, the brown wires are for the brake fluid reservoir. I'll look again for where the blue wires go when it stops raining. The yellow wires go to the heater valves.
    ​"The US Olympics bobsled team has renamed their sled 'Biden' because nothing has taken America downhill faster"

TheStigg (aka "gale")
    94 325ic 5-spd
    87 325is

mslevin is offline Have you checked RealOEM? BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStigg View Post
    Here's the culprit, caught him in the act:

roo.jpg
    Can't stay angry at a dog that looks that guilty.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Vert, 1992 318i
    What an odd looking dog, I haven't seen that mix before.

The only two blue wires I saw in that area go to the brake booster, but from what I can see in your picture, that plug looks intact. On my car though the two blues share in the bundle with the brake fluid wires, and go down to the booster, so that half matches what I'm seeing there.
    Caprica Junkie

My Cars
    way too many
    Quote Originally Posted by boarder2k7 View Post
    The only two blue wires I saw in that area go to the brake booster, but from what I can see in your picture, that plug looks intact. On my car though the two blues share in the bundle with the brake fluid wires, and go down to the booster, so that half matches what I'm seeing there.

Yes, that's it. From what I gather, it's a brake pedal position sensor which mounts in the vacuum booster. One of the elbow connectors pulled clear out of the fitting and the other wire was torn off the other elbow:

wires3.jpg

I'm thinking rather than replacing the cable to the starter, I'll add a cut-off switch.

I was able to separate out the diagnostic connector wires and found good one-to-one correspondence with all of them. I'll pull a wire harness from U-Pull-It and splice them back in the splice box on the firewall.

wires4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by boarder2k7 View Post
    What an odd looking dog, I haven't seen that mix before.
    Yes, he's a peculiar little f#$ker. My daughter found him in the back woods of Indiana at 6 weeks old and gave him to me for Father's Day a few years ago. He was about the size of a hotdog when I got him:

baby_roo.jpg

roo_12_weeks.jpg

It's hard to stay mad at the little sh%t for very long, he's a good dog in all other respects.

TheStigg (aka "gale")
    94 325ic 5-spd
    87 325is

My Cars
    98 328IS 03 325xi
    The unexpected dogs can turn out to be the best. Chihuahua/Pug?
    WIN_20151011_173450.JPG

Gave away my BMWs, driving a VW and an Audi now.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    I'm sorry Gale, I can't stop laughing. I don't know which is funnier, the story you told or a pit bull F 'ing a dachshund, or funnier still the reverse. I have quite a few e34 wire connectors with pigtails I've saved over the years, you are welcome to any of them.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    way too many
    Thanks for the offer Ross. I'm long overdue for a trip to U-Pull-It and the local one has a few e36's. I've been wanting to get down there anyway to scope out a few medium case e32/e34 LSD diff's with desirable ratios, been waiting for the weather to cool down.

BTW, we were told the mother was a miniature dachshund, making the pit bull father scenario even funnier. The little Sh*t now weighs 43 lbs . . . that poor mother!

TheStigg (aka "gale")
    94 325ic 5-spd
    87 325is