Thread: Rough Idle

My Cars
    2001 5301 5spd with BBS

Rough Idle

He everyone. I've got a slight rough idle. My Indy ran a diagnosis and both banks were alternating between running too lean and too rich. He pulled the dipstick and you could hear air hissing. He said it was probably my valve cover vent valves. (PCV Valves) I bought new ones and replaced them. One of them was torn the other was not. Car still has slight rough idle and hissing when you pull the dip stick. (Rough idle even with dip stick in place for clarification)

On another note I had to re-use the black covers on the valves because the ones that I got from the dealer didn't have the small nipple on them to receive the vacuum hose. I went back to the dealer and asked about this and the sales rep consulted with a technician and they seemed to tell me that the are "new and improved. Go ahead and use them and plug the hoses". I believe the hoses are a "Y" configuration and go from each valve to the throttle body.

Anyway curious about the hissing when the dipstick is removed. Wonder if that's the fuel tank emissions vapor pump. (In other words is that normal or a symptom of something not right). I appreciate comments.

Thanks guys.

My Cars
    2001 5301 5spd with BBS
    Edit to my post. Air is being sucked into the dipstick housing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.