Thread: Bmw m3 e36 dtm

My Cars
    2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe GT3

M3 e36 dtm

Hello guys. I have a lot of worries recently about my latest and i hope last project. I always wanted to make a M3 E36 DTM (like the Linder cars) for trackdays and hillclimbs. I have the car, the engine (for the occasion an S14 2.500 CC 4cylinder), next week i will take delivery the center lock axles, brakes etc etc. I wait for a friend that his father used to work in Matter (rollcage etc) but the thing i worried about the most is the bodykit. I've seen a couple of images with slightly different fron bumper but honestly, i don't know where to search for it or if there is a company which make copies. I don't mean FloBmann etc etc

Does anyone know where i can find the full bodykit with front and rear bumpers, sideskirts, rear spoiler, diffuser and the wide arches in front and in the rear?

Bellow i post some photos of the exact car that i want to replicate.

Thank you in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (101.8 KB, 77 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (101.7 KB, 78 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (111.4 KB, 81 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (85.2 KB, 70 views)
    Last edited by LoadedS54; 07-25-2017 at 05:41 PM.

mslevin is offline Have you checked RealOEM? BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    I've never seen one identical to that. You could get very close by using Felony Form/Big Duck Club overfenders and something like CliqTuning's aero kit. Keep us updated on this, building a DTM replica car is something I'd love to do at some point.

My Cars
    2005 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by mslevin View Post
    I've never seen one identical to that. You could get very close by using Felony Form/Big Duck Club overfenders and something like CliqTuning's aero kit. Keep us updated on this, building a DTM replica car is something I'd love to do at some point.
    Fitment on those over fenders looks terrible tho. This is much more crafted.

My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    Quote Originally Posted by dmw16 View Post
    Fitment on those over fenders looks terrible tho. This is much more crafted.
    Not sure what you mean here. I run Felony Forms on my car and the fitment is excellent. OP could always blend them into the stock bodywork.

The closest DTM kit I've seen I this: https://dtmfiberwerkz.com/index.php?...product_id=229

My Cars
    2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe GT3
    Quote Originally Posted by mslevin View Post
    The closest DTM kit I've seen I this: https://dtmfiberwerkz.com/index.php?...product_id=229
    Thank you for the reply and the info. To be honest, the specific bodykit you've posted is closer to the GTR than the DTM. I've asked some people who run original M3 E30s DTM in Europe and in the Old Timers GP and they told me that it is too difficult to find original parts because the car was was made it to the then Championship thanks to Linder and not to BMW. So the majority of the cars does not exists any more and if...the spare parts are in the hands of the owners. However there is a small possibility to be able to find a front original bumper made of kevlar from a collector in Austria.

We will see.

My Cars
    Z1, M3 LTW, 228
    I have a very rare set of front bumper parts that came off a very early PTB E36 car before they went to the WB eventual look.

The bumper in its current form is slightly damaged, but retains many of the stickers from the OEM parts made for BMW motorsports. These bumpers were used in BTCC I believe, and certainly the early days of E36 M3 PTG cars.

I'll post a photo here. I'm told these were merged onto the top half of a stock factory bumpercover because certain regulations specified that you could only alter the bumper within a certain number of inches of the ground.

Here's a picture. I'll entertain offers as I'm eager to raise funds to finish a basement HT, and clearing stuff out.

Alex.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by M3 Euro LTW; 08-11-2017 at 08:50 PM.
    Alex Lipowich
    xyobgyn on AOL

Trying to make the world a better place with 5 extra throttle bodies at a time.

My Cars
    190E 2.3-16 ; 405 Mi16
    Did BMW ever field an E36 chassis in DTM? I remember they built a couple of prototypes to the Klasse 1 rule set, but they never actually raced did they?

Emre (OO=[][]=OO) 318is

My Cars
    VW Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by Emre View Post
    Did BMW ever field an E36 chassis in DTM? I remember they built a couple of prototypes to the Klasse 1 rule set, but they never actually raced did they?
    they built just one i think. now it is an art car:
    https://www.bmwartcarcollection.com/...p-carousel-394

also a nice article on the prototype:
    https://www.carthrottle.com/post/nr3b596/

My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    Glad this thread came up again. OP- I may have found exactly what you're looking for.

http://www.racingparts-bmw.de/start/...wog=super2.htm

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    That's just a STW bodykit with pretty much original looks, DTM was a whole different thing.