BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 1988 325i M-Tech II Sedan SoCal.

My Cars
    1989 M3, 1991 M5

1988 325i M-Tech II Sedan SoCal.

Thanks for looking. Up for sale is my 1988 M-Tech II e30 sedan 24V 5-speed Project. Due to changes in my life Im forced to let this car go. It is still a work in progress but it is very much a really nice e30 that needs to go to a new home.

The latest step of the project has been the engine swap. I just recently dropped in an M50 with about 107k with a 5-Speed. The engine sound strong and I’ve replaced many parts on it, more on that shortly.

First a little history on this car. This is a project I’ve been working on since 2015. I got this car as a gift from a family member. The car was rough but had no rust. I took it on as a side project I would work on slowly. I decided that since the car was a late model I would do a full OEM M-Tech II body kit with Euroweaves. There are no replica M-Tech panels or bumpers on this car ALL OEM.

After many month of searching German E-bay I was able to piece together a full M-Tech II body kit including the 4 door side panels which was a pain to find. I also sourced a full Purple Design interior from a touring in really good condition.

For the door sills I had to get a little creative. I was able to order the OEM M-Tech door sills for the rear but the fronts were no longer available. Since I did not want to cut a set of coupe ones I decided to make replicas for the front. They look ok but now need a refresh of the actual logo sticker.

The front and rear M-tech badges are also replicas but I think they look good. The stickers on the side panels and rear wing are OEM though.

The car was fully resprayed in the summer of 2015 with PPG paint.

The rest of the interior is in good condition. The only things that need improvement is the passenger side seat right bolster is a little worn and the rear seat needs to be adjusted. It was my plan to have the interior redone with black leather for the bolsters all around but I won’t be getting to that since Im moving on from this project. Car has also an M-Tech II steering wheel in good condition.

The wheels are a nice set of 15” Euroweaves painted nogaro silver in the center. They need a little retouching which I may take care of before the sale but no rash and no dents. The tires are also in good condition with plenty of thread left.

Overall this is a nice car, I just can’t keep this anymore and must move on. I got the car back from having the swap done a few weeks ago but it had some minor annoying issues where it was idling like crap. The issue was the fuel pump.

Here is some of the parts recently replaced:

-Crank position sensor
    -All 6 coils
    -Thermostat
    -All coolant temp sensors
    -Fuel Pump
    -Radiator
    -All 4 brake pads and rotors

Things left to do:
    -Currently working on bleeding the engine
    -Vanos might need rebuilding. Check engine light is on with code 1266
    -Fix exhaust leak where the headers and exhaust system was welded

The car is located in Orange County California but it is still titled in NJ. Clean NJ title on hand.

Attention California buyers:
    This is NOT a bar legal swap. CA buyer must make the mods needed to make it pass smog.

Asking $10,999.00 for this car or best reasonable offer. Im willing to negotiate but please no low ballers. Please PM me or message me at 201-214-8816

Chris

My Cars
    M3
    Where did you get the m tech 2 oem kit? Do you have the links?

My Cars
    2001 330i, 1997 M3

1988 325i M-Tech II Sedan SoCal.

Why do all of these cars always come up for sale on the other side of the world from me * awesome car, glws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk