Thread: No Brakes after Caliper Rebuild - Desperate! BMW 330D 2012 M-Sport

My Cars
    F33 440i Conv M Perf

No Brakes after Caliper Rebuild - Desperate! BMW 330D 2012 M-Sport

Hi Folks

Ive had one heck of a couple of days with a seemingly simple brake pad and disc change which ended up as a caliper rebuild. I now have my caliper rebuilt and re-attached to car with new pads however I have no brakes. When the car is turned on the pedal just goes to the floor, sometimes there is a bit of pressure but then other times there is nothing. I thought this was air in the brake system so I tried to bleed the brakes using one of those capture tanks that attach to the bleed valve however there is no brake fluid coming out, just a tiny amount even when I'm pumping the pedal. I have pumped the peddle til the cows came home and still nothing out. Should I bite the bullet and buy a better bleed system like the Gunson eeziblead (fed by pressure from a spare tire)? they are cheap at Halfords or should I get the Laser Tools one that has a manual pump, much more expensive but if it'll do the job better!!!!.

I'm a bot concerned that something else might be up. There are no visible leaks of fluid anywhere but I did fail at attaching the dust boot to the brake piston of the calliper I had to rebuild but I figured wouldn't be causing this? I do however need to get that fixed but that will be done later after I get the car to a driveable state.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks

RIch

My Cars
    2018 340i
    I'm really sorry if this insults your intelligence as it's not meant to, but I just want to ask something you might have over looked. Sorry in advance.

Have you tried adding more brake fluid?

Again terribly sorry if you already tried this and I don't mean to make you look inferior in any way. I'm just new here and want to help. Ok thanks.