Thread: Brake Piston Fallen Out and Seal or Boot (?) Split - 330D M-Sport 2013

My Cars
    F33 440i Conv M Perf

Brake Piston Fallen Out and Seal or Boot (?) Split - 330D M-Sport 2013

Hello All

Cut a long story short, I decided to change my disks and brake pads as the BMW warning stated they needed changing about 3000 miles ago. Anyway I got some Pagid disks and pads and everything seemed to be going fine until it came to fitting the caliper back onto the disks as the pads were so thick there was clearly not enough room. I decided that the Piston was probably not all the way back, however it did look like it was. Whatever I tried I could not get the piston back any further and for one reason or another the brake pedal was pumped several times which resulted in the piston falling out. I tried to push the piston back into the caliper but no joy, because of the rubber seal I'm assuming? Anyway I ended up slitting the rubber seal in the process of trying to get it back in. Now I have no clue what I need to do. Do I need to buy a new caliper or just a seal kit? how do I get the piston back in??

Appreciate any help on this its taken me 8 hours to get this far!

Thanks

Rich

My Cars
    F33 440i Conv M Perf
    Ok so I have seen some posts in regard to caliper rebuilds but looking at my car the dust boot (not seal) seems to be sealed on to the caliper. I just tried to take it off and its as if the boot came with the caliper all sealed on it. Will I just be able to get a new boot from BMW (and replace the piston seals whilst I'm at it) or will I need a new caliper. Maybe the dust boot was just weathered on or glued?

Thanks and appreciate any advice, need my car back!!!!

Rich