Thread: Drift King Short Shifter?

My Cars
    1996 328is

Drift King Short Shifter?

Has anyone used or heard of this shifter before? Its price is attractive. I was deciding between this and the adjustable length style ones.

s-l1600.jpg Looks like a video here too for the DK one.

My Cars
    99 328is, 03 X5
    I like how the video shows the driver continually missing gears. Garbage driver using a garbage product, obtaining garbage results. Nice.

My Cars
    1994 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Neverlift View Post
    I like how the video shows the driver continually missing gears. Garbage driver using a garbage product, obtaining garbage results. Nice.
    I noticed that also, but it doesn't mean the product is garbage, it's doing what it was made for, the driver just sucks at knowing where his gears are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1996 328is
    The description is pretty hilarious too with spelling and obvious translation issues:

"Extrem reduction of shifting travel and helps to exactly shifting gears.Become the feeling to be one with the car! Full control over you BMW!
    High product life.
    The shift knob can be removed.
    Easy adjustment of the DK short shifter - mounting on the original shift rods and covered by the original shift boot.
    Made by CNC."

I'm going to pass on this one and stick to the 993 motorsports style one

If anyone takes the plunge, be sure to post back and let us know how it is!

My Cars
    1996 328is
    Just noticed this one two which is an obvious knockoff of the CAE shifter. Made in Germany, that is a surprise!

dkcae.jpg

With the ultra shifter you will become the feeling to be one with the car!
    Full control over you BMW!
    After installation the gearshift is placed in gear position 3 - 4 which makes it very precise.
    In addition you have the option to block total the 5th and 6th gear. So you cannot go by a mistake from 3th to 5th gear. Perfect for professional shifting.
    A second important feature of our ultra short shifter is the significantly reduce of the time of gear changing.
    Easy adjustment of the DK short shifter - mounting on the original shift rods and covered by the original shift boot - you don't need more!
    This is a precision instrument for every Drifter - like a scalpel.
    Our company is located in Hamburg - Germany, but we are shipping from our warehouse in Los Angeles.

Made in Germany.

mslevin is offline Have you checked RealOEM? BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    AKG, RTD, or CAE for race-style shifters. Don't bother with anything else.

My Cars
    99 328is, 03 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny1996 View Post
    Just noticed this one two which is an obvious knockoff of the CAE shifter. Made in Germany, that is a surprise!

dkcae.jpg

After installation the gearshift is placed in gear position 3 - 4 which makes it very precise.
    In addition you have the option to block total the 5th and 6th gear. So you cannot go by a mistake from 3th to 5th gear. Perfect for professional shifting.
    A second important feature of our ultra short shifter is the significantly reduce of the time of gear changing.
    Easy adjustment of the DK short shifter - mounting on the original shift rods and covered by the original shift boot - you don't need more!
    Our company is located in Hamburg - Germany, but we are shipping from our warehouse in Los Angeles.

Made in Germany.
    Maybe I should drive my happy ass over to the warehouse an hour away, and check this one out. I know what a CAE feels like (worth every penny) on the ZF trans, this could be promising for the cost of a complete AKG/Bimmerworld SSK solution.

My Cars
    1994 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny1996 View Post

dkcae.jpg

Made in Germany.
    Jeeeez if they want to sell a product maybe they should hire a translator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i
    This product looks like ass. If you want a short shifter either get the UUC or the CAE

Howdy- so I have tried this shifter from DK (& many other short shifters) this shifter SEROUSLY shortens the shift throws- SEROUSLY But Inturn makes it super notchy also👎🏿 The materials are truest top notch, it’s been in my car for 3 seasons now of track abuse-
    I have modified it much like the 933 motorsports shifter with the threaded base for shifter length adjustment & it works great now- it’s a rebuildable shifter with good build quality but throws are just too short & notchy- if your creative it’s a nice price- Cause a $900 shifter is absolutely insane- it’s definately
    Not 9 times better feeling?