Thread: FX Stage 3 Clutch Orientation

My Cars
    1998 328is

FX Stage 3 Clutch Orientation

Well Im going to be the one to start this thread because im tired of getting both answer. I was hoping people who ha used the fx unsprung disc with a ual mass stock flywhel have any input on which way the center hub that sticks out of the disc faces.. I asked gripforce an they said flat side towards the pressure plate, but when the disc is in that way the pp doesnt clamp it down and i can move it around with my finger. I have other ppl telling me that the hub goes towars the pp. Hoping someone who knows the right way, who runs the same clutch can chime in.. Before i weld it to my input shaft.. Thanks

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    I had the unsprung fx and dmf and it only goes on one way. If you put it on the wrong way the clutch hits the flywheel bolts , it physically can only go on one way. Put it on the way that fits lol.

My Cars
    86 325es
    If you have the pressure plate bolted down and the disc can be moved up and down I think you have a bigger problem than the orientation

86 325es, 2.8L m50, S476sxe, ProEFI 128 ecu, e85, solid rear axle, TH400 trans, 28x10.5w slicks, zip ties, popsicle sticks, tape
    best time 9.06 @ 151.8 mph, best 60 foot 1.30

My Cars
    1998 328is
    It does one direction but not the other though, so i would assume the direction it does is wrong, but then I have the company telling me it goes that way but obviously not and other people telling me it goes the opposite way, which when bolted up theres actually pressure on the disc and it cant be moved. My flywheel was fine before. Like I said im just looking for someone who has a similar setup who knows the orientation..

I accidentally bought an m3 disc before this and put it in the correct way to my knowledge hub facing flywheel, it did not work, did not weld to the input shaft either.. which happens when you put the disc the wrong way. Which makes me think that was the correct way but the wrong disc. When I pulled that disc it looked like it had contacted the flywheel bolts but thats it...