Thread: N54 turbo gurus... help requested

My Cars
    09 535ix

N54 turbo gurus... help requested

I cross posted this into the 5 series board... but you guys are more active and probably do more modding than them

I'm taking my car in for some much needed maintenance/upgrades. Here's my plan and I'm wondering if you guys have anything else you'd tend to while in there.

First the car is a 2009 535XI with 133k miles

Here's whats currently in my ECS cart
    1 Valve Cover Gasket
    1 Intake Gasket (getting walnut blast while being worked on)
    1 Oil level sensor O-ring
    1 Oil filter housing gasket
    1 Oil pan gasket
    1R&1L engine mount
    1 ECS (I may do the BMS still) Oil Catch Can kit
    6 new spark plugs
    1 JB4 data cable (installed the Jb4 with no cable and have been kicking myself ever since)
    20' of 3.5mm high temp platinum cured silicone vaccuum lines

ECS doesnt have a charge pipe for the 535 only the 335 and they are telling me its different. Thats the only other thing I considered doing while I was in there... anybody have other recommendations while I have it all apart? I've decided I'm going to keep this thing until it falls apart on me... so I want to get all of this stuff out of the way before anything becomes more of a problem. I've got a few leaks not exactly sure where yet... but these ones seem to be common... and I'm hoping the walnut blast/new vaccuum lines/plugs will cure my random check engine light. Please chime in with any other feedback...
    RIP Jess or the idea of Jess or... what OT was.. or whatever...

My Cars
    E90, E46
    Make sure you get the genuine BMW parts from ECS. They sell some good stuff but they also sell complete crap like Dorman.
    Other items to consider would be low pressure fuel sensor which will be a breeze with the intake removed,

another recommendation would be to be very careful that the vacuum lines are not too large inside diameter. You want them to fit tightly on the nipples. honestly I'd recommend buying the braided vacuum lines over the parts counter of the dealer. The braided line is awesome and hold up way better than normal vacuum lines.

With the oil pan gasket you'll need axle nuts, an aluminum bolt kit and it's not a bad idea to replace your front differential o-rings since it will have to be removed anyways.

My Cars
    09 535ix
    OK noted... I appreciate it. I see some running gutted downpipes too... Is that worth doing while everything is apart?
    RIP Jess or the idea of Jess or... what OT was.. or whatever...