Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F/S: BMW 850i/Ci Intercooled Supercharger kit

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci

F/S: BMW 850i/Ci Intercooled Supercharger kit

Have to sell off some cool stuff since Jon's passing.....
    The supercharger is a complete kit that was made by Chargertech, this particular kit is intercooled and upgraded for higher PSI as oppose to their standard non intercooled kit shown here:
    http://chargertech.nl/en/supercharge...hargerkit.html

Chargertech includes plug in software to control the engine management but we also have Tech 3R engine management computer available for an additional cost.

Jon paid 5500 Eur plus shipping for this kit. We are asking $5500 plus shipping, very good deal considering current usd/euro exchange rate.

My Cars
    91 850i-95 850csi- 94 85
    Do you like this kit better than whats on your car?

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by G8nightman View Post
    Do you like this kit better than whats on your car?
    Can't compare since it was never installed, keep in mind this kit is almost 7k less than my kit.
    Kit includes a Raptor supercharger that is watercooled. Should be similar to boosted logic stage 2 kit I guess at around 8psi.

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    I am open to offers.

My Cars
    Too many ;-)
    Never heard of Chargertech nor Raptor. Anyone have any experience or reviews of these products?

@Dragon850. Do you have any insights as to why Jon decided on this kit?
    "Asphalt is evil, it must be punished!"
    '89 Z1 Dream Black/Alcantara/Camo, Racing Dynamics, the coolest doors known to man -- Sunny days & Sundays
    '90 Z1 Red w/custom red/black French leather, Ground Control coil overs, BBS RV-F --Mais Oui!
    '91 850i Mauritius Blue/Black --1 of 179

'85 M635CSi Alpine -- "Explosive!!!"
    '03 M3 Conv, Imola w/ SMG -- her daily driver
    '17 “30 Jahre” M3, Macao Blue -- 1/500 made

Previously owned: 74 2002 (x2), 85 325e, 80 323i Baur, 94 325iC, 03 325CiC, 80 633CSi, 90 325iC, 98 318ti (Budget M3), 01 X5, 02 X5 4.6is (x2), 94 M3, 98 M3/4, 16 340i

My Cars
    1992 E31 850i
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon850 View Post
    ...we also have Tech 3R engine management computer available for an additional cost.
    I use TEC3R to control my M70TT. Great system, and not nearly as expensive as it used to be. BUT -- I'm still waiting for someone to tell me that they've made it work with the OEM gauges. I've posted about that elsewhere in the past, sorry for the drift. If I knew someone had done it and had a resource to discuss it with, I'd drop the TEC3R in my E31 in a heartbeat, probably alongside two snails.

Good luck with the sale --
    Cheers, John

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Budget M3 View Post
    Never heard of Chargertech nor Raptor. Anyone have any experience or reviews of these products?

@Dragon850. Do you have any insights as to why Jon decided on this kit?
    Chargertech is a small tuning company in Netherlands. Raptor is a large Australian supercharger company: http://raptorsc.com.au/
    Jon went for this kit mainly after he was so impressed with the power I was making and we discussed all options he did not want to plunk down 12k on boosted logic kit and wanted something top mounted.
    Not many options out there, in fact now chargertech is the only one. So it was a compromise in price and performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dukegrad98 View Post
    I use TEC3R to control my M70TT. Great system, and not nearly as expensive as it used to be. BUT -- I'm still waiting for someone to tell me that they've made it work with the OEM gauges. I've posted about that elsewhere in the past, sorry for the drift. If I knew someone had done it and had a resource to discuss it with, I'd drop the TEC3R in my E31 in a heartbeat, probably alongside two snails.

Good luck with the sale --
    Cheers, John
    Honestly I don't think tec3r can control oem gauges, not a great fit if you wanna keep the car relatively stock looking, by todays standards tec3r is very outdated system (not saying it won't do the job).
    MoTech has a standalone that will work with oem gauges and even control our EML throttles believe it or not! Price point $4500 plus install .... yeah...

My Cars
    Too many ;-)
    I really want to give this a try (450hp!!!) but without installation instructions and some reviews I'm afraid I'd be in over my head.

I installed a Downing Atlanta SC kit on my M44 in my 318ti ~15 years ago. It used a replacement intake manifold with a custom bracket for the SC. It came with almost 10 pages of step by step instructions and was relatively easy to install but still required quite a few "undocumented" steps including re-routing of vacuum lines. What was advertised as an 8-10 hour job took almost 3x that and I vowed I'd never again do such a job myself. I was very pleased with the end result though. I enjoyed 50k miles of "close the hood" reliability and a 50% boost in power with virtually no effect on fuel economy before I sold that car earlier this year.

So my expectations are quite high. Can this kit be installed in less than a day by a moderately skilled DIY? By a professional? Is it known (or predicted) to be reliable? Can the 4hp24 and torque converter handle the extra power? Will it be reliable or will it need constant attention?

Any insights would be appreciated. If you'd prefer to respond privately, feel free to PM me. Thanks!
    '89 Z1 Dream Black/Alcantara/Camo, Racing Dynamics, the coolest doors known to man -- Sunny days & Sundays
    '90 Z1 Red w/custom red/black French leather, Ground Control coil overs, BBS RV-F --Mais Oui!

Previously owned: 74 2002 (x2), 85 325e, 80 323i Baur, 94 325iC, 03 325CiC, 80 633CSi, 90 325iC, 98 318ti (Budget M3), 01 X5, 02 X5 4.6is (x2), 94 M3, 98 M3/4, 16 340i

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    First of all, the kit is SOLD today to a local E31 enthusiast!

Budget M3, by looking at this kit apart it's hard to tell, I think skilled DIYER could handle this job in approx 3 full days to do a quality install.
    450 HP is a walk in the park for a stock converter and transmission. If converter blows it can be upgraded to high stall forged unit Precision of PA part number created on my request.
    The difficulty IMO is not with mechanical install but with tuning. I am still working on mine but hopefully will get a handle on it soon! (dynotune scheduled next week.)

My Cars
    1993 bmw 850ci

Budget M3, by looking at this kit apart it's hard to tell, I think skilled DIYER could handle this job in approx 3 full days to do a quality install.
    450 HP is a walk in the park for a stock converter and transmission. If converter blows it can be upgraded to high stall forged unit Precision of PA part number created on my request.
    The difficulty IMO is not with mechanical install but with tuning. I am still working on mine but hopefully will get a handle on it soon! (dynotune scheduled next week.)
    let me know about a tune, still dont know when ill get to install.
    1993 black bmw 850ci

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by dabenthusiast View Post
    let me know about a tune, still dont know when ill get to install.
    Will do, your kit already comes with the tune from chargertech, I don't know how good it is. I guess will see, worst case I will have a very good base that will be able to work off to dial it in based on your pressure.

My Cars
    1993 bmw 850ci

Will do, your kit already comes with the tune from chargertech, I don't know how good it is. I guess will see, worst case I will have a very good base that will be able to work off to dial it in based on your pressure.
    Where do i get the tune from chargertech?
    Anything will help . I thought id get the install instructions but iv emailed the company to see if i can get them.
    1993 black bmw 850ci

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Where do i get the tune from chargertech?
    Anything will help . I thought id get the install instructions but iv emailed the company to see if i can get them.
    Chargertec emailed the tune, I will burn it on the chip and give it to you. No instructions were supplied with the kit unfortunately.

My Cars
    1993 bmw 850ci

Chargertec emailed the tune, I will burn it on the chip and give it to you. No instructions were supplied with the kit unfortunately.
    No worries, chargetech sent me some photos of install.
    I asked for instructions they said they have them, im just waiting for them.
    Theres only a few plastic parts i need to mod.
    1993 black bmw 850ci

My Cars
    91 e31, 67 Camaro
    dabenthusiast, thank you for buying this! It has been consuming too much of my time thinking about. Can't wait to hear your results.
    Mike

My Cars
    1993 bmw 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by MHambrice View Post
    dabenthusiast, thank you for buying this! It has been consuming too much of my time thinking about. Can't wait to hear your results.
    Mike
    It was driving me crazy thinking about it!
    I had to pull the trigger.
    1993 black bmw 850ci

My Cars
    Too many ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by MHambrice View Post
    Mike
    I could not have said it better!

Dabenthusiast--Looking forward to hearing all about your install and of course the results!

My Cars
    91 Dinan860 & 91 850 6sp
    I have to thank you as well... even with my plate full of 6L twin turbo build, I kept pondering this for one of the 6 speed cars.

set it up right and it will be the best bang for your buck ever spent...
    '91 Dinan 860 Stage III (new 6L engine)
    '91 Dinan 850 TT stage III (brand new engine) 21st Century Tech meets 18th Century Dinan...
    '91 850i 6sp (mint) (sold)
    '90 Dinan 750iL TT stage III (Guido - The Beast)
    '94 850 CSi The Detroit Auto Show car (restored to factory perfect) (sold)
    '96 850Ci, The George Carlin car
    ''73 3.0 csi, '08 535i, '03 X5 4.6is
    ...and a few other non BMW cars

My Cars
    1993 bmw 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by cartoonz View Post
    I have to thank you as well... even with my plate full of 6L twin turbo build, I kept pondering this for one of the 6 speed cars.

set it up right and it will be the best bang for your buck ever spent...
    Awesome, Thanks for being so nice!
    I would have beat myself up over it.
    Concidering i didnt think id ever own an e31 let alone getting it supercharged!
    This is one of my dream cars and my first supercharger/forced induction projects ever.
    This is huge for me!
    1993 black bmw 850ci

My Cars
    1991 850i S70 6 speed
    Please do come back and report on it. Congrats, I would have pulled the trigger on it but working on a Dinan TT right now.

Awesome, Thanks for being so nice!
    I would have beat myself up over it.
    Concidering i didnt think id ever own an e31 let alone getting it supercharged!
    This is one of my dream cars and my first supercharger/forced induction projects ever.
    This is huge for me!

My Cars
    1993 bmw 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by alex840 View Post
    Please do come back and report on it. Congrats, I would have pulled the trigger on it but working on a Dinan TT right now.
    Everyone making me sad talking about twin turbo builds haha i wish i could have gone that route but without the opportunity for the kit i now have, i would have never got to forced induction!

I will definitely be reporting back once installed!
    1993 black bmw 850ci

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    ...um, Three or four days yet? Howz it going with the install?

My Cars
    1996 BMW 850ci
    Hello there I like to buy your supercharger how can we get together I have a 1996 850ci I want to go full blast
    my email is ( TECNO@ATT.NET ) send me an email or call me (818)547-4441

- - - Updated - - -

Hello there I like to buy your supercharger how can we get together I have a 1996 850ci I want to go full blast
    my email is ( TECNO@ATT.NET ) send me an email or call me (818)547-4441

- - - Updated - - -

The supercharger is a complete kit that was made by Chargertech, this particular kit is intercooled and upgraded for higher PSI as oppose to their standard non intercooled kit shown here:

Chargertech includes plug in software to control the engine management but we also have Tech 3R engine management computer available for an additional cost.

Jon paid 5500 Eur plus shipping for this kit. We are asking $5500 plus shipping, very good deal considering current usd/euro exchange rate.
    Please call me I am interested to buy your supercharger send me an email ( TECNO@ATT.NET ) or call (818)547-4441

My Cars
    1996 BMW 850ci

call me I am interested TECNO@att.net or text me 818-547-4441

My Cars
    BMW 850i
    @TECNO

7-27-2017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast