Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Techno Turd 98 M3

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by MauiM3Mania View Post
    There is so much beauty.
    And it will only get better...

Decided to get the bumper clip fixed today, I observed on the intact side that it has these alignment holes

0810171143a.jpg

I'm sure there is some proper procedure for doing this, but I just shoved a ziptie through the back like this...

0810171142a.jpg

Then cinched on another from the front to keep it tight. I applied a flexible plastic epoxy to the contact points and where the tabs would have gone

0810171143.jpg

Then just cut them off after the epoxy had set. Easy.

I also got in some fog deletes the other day and painted them and test fit them. They sat in a bit too recessed for my liking, so today I trimmed the tabs and when they were installed I shoved some cardboard behind the tabs from the back to keep them in tight. Looks quite a bit better. This shows about how much I had to trim (these were the $15/set ebay ones)

0810171145.jpg

Looking good I think the fog deletes are a lighter color because I needed to use a black primer coat. I'm gonna give that a shot sometime soon

WhatsApp Image 2017-08-10 at 12.05.02 PM.jpeg

Hoping to make some actual progress on the O2 sensor stuff this weekend. They were just dragging, it looks like one of the wires may have frayed but we looked at the car using INPA and it looks like its the precat O2's that are causing the problems.
    And I figure if I'm gonna be bloodying my knuckles wrenching around the pre-cat O2's I'm thinking I may as well install ebay headers...
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 08-10-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    1999 M3
    nice progress so far, how many miles are on this thing?

MauiM3Mania is offline Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    I'm guessing about 180k.
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by MauiM3Mania View Post
    I'm guessing about 180k.
    Can't tell if good guess or actually read the thread

Bought these yesterday

Untitled.png

Part of me is soooo tempted by those ebay turbo kits though...
    I figure I get the engine running well first then if I want to go ebay turbo I'll slap these ebay headers on my other S52

Now I need to find some good used precat O2's because of course new just won't do

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    are those the same as raceland?
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Looking much better, that corner light tho haha
    CBlock

My Cars
    Black
    Quote Originally Posted by propcar View Post
    No, they are not. They're 2" instead of 60mm. Primaries are slightly smaller too.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by propcar View Post
    They share the same basic design in that they are both euro supersprint replicas. I actually read quite a few times that the racelands are copies of the supersprints and the ebay headers are copies of the racelands
    Quote Originally Posted by CblockM3 View Post
    Looking much better, that corner light tho haha
    The pictures make it look deceptively nice. Rest assured, in person the corner light fits right in with the rest of the car's jank
    Quote Originally Posted by weedshoes View Post
    No, they are not. They're 2" instead of 60mm. Primaries are slightly smaller too.
    You forgot the critical difference - the eBay headers are also much shinier whereas the racelands I've seen pictures of from owners have a sad, dull appearance - like they were picked last in gym class. Ain't putting no scrawny picked-last bad-at-dodgeball parts on my car!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1999 M3 5spd
    My racelands are a shiny blue, bronze, and gold swirl now that they have been driven for a few weeks. They started out as just a normal chrome appearance. They were probably picked in the middle during gym class, after the real supersprint euros.
    95 cosmoschwartz M3/2/5 : 2012-1/1/2014 (worn rtab's and bald rear tires in the rain)

98 cosmoschwartz M3/4/5 : 2016-3/10/2017 (understeering SUV)

99 Estoril M3/2/5: 6/16/2017-current

My Cars
    Black
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    They share the same basic design in that they are both euro supersprint

You forgot the critical difference - the eBay headers are also much shinier whereas the racelands I've seen pictures of from owners have a sad, dull appearance - like they were picked last in gym class. Ain't putting no scrawny picked-last bad-at-dodgeball parts on my car!
    You clearly have no experience with the racelands. I have racelands on my m3 and eBay headers on my 325i. The racelands are much higher quality. EBay headers are smaller, harder to install, slip fit vs bolt on flange, and they're not any shinier.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmith25 View Post
    My racelands are a shiny blue, bronze, and gold swirl now that they have been driven for a few weeks. They started out as just a normal chrome appearance. They were probably picked in the middle during gym class, after the real supersprint euros.
    Thats fair, I mean, as long as my headers could participate in dodgeball without a note from their parent's I'm ok...
    Quote Originally Posted by weedshoes View Post
    You clearly have no experience with the racelands. I have racelands on my m3 and eBay headers on my 325i. The racelands are much higher quality. EBay headers are smaller, harder to install, slip fit vs bolt on flange, and they're not any shinier.
    I don't have any experience with either. But these were $80. I will be modifying them for a bolt-on flange though. I don't trust the slip fit. Definitely very shiny though.

33.jpg

These weren't the best headers, I know that... but again, they were $80. And obviously a HUGE improvement over OEM. I may try racelands for my other S52 depending on how I like these.

Installing them probably next week... too busy this weekend to even think about wrenching on that car. Have something else I'm installing I think will be pretty cool too

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    95 M3, 87 535is
    I liked the racelands on my S52. The slip fit was garbage though.

My Cars
    z3
    Been busy with other stuff and went to install the headers today but seemed to have misplaced one of the gaskets lol. So I'm ordering some new ones, was told to use ones for the euro engine?

Did manage to get in some seats that I've had sitting in my back room forever. These are from an 06 M6 I parted out many moons ago. They need slight modifications to fit but the Ivory color is basically a dead-on match for the Dove Grey
    Maybe I can see about making some sort of M stripe to match the rears...

0902171324a.jpg

As my friend who was with me pointed out - these seats, like the headlights, are way too nice for the car
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 09-02-2017 at 08:15 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    98 M3
    Make the car too nice for the seats!
    That's a cool swap. Do the power functions work at all?

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    z3
    All the power functions work, haven't actually tested if the memory functions work - they might since that module is built into the seat base.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    e36 m3
    what toilet did you grab the turd from?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12