Thread: Hoe to Resolve Rheingold ISTA/D license expired problem

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i

How to Resolve Rheingold ISTA/D license expired problem

Many members will no doubt have encountered a situation where they have had Rheingold ISTA/D running successfully on their computers, only to later encounter the situation where they can no longer access the software and get a license expired message. The majority of suggestions to resolve this situation found on the internet suggest that users adjust the bios setting of their machines to a date before the original license expiry date but as the result of an enquiry from another member, I decided to post my resolution of this problem (which has been tested and found to work on machines running both Windows 10 and XP Operating systems):-

1. Run Regedit
    2. Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    3. left click SOFTWARE
    4. left click BMWGROUP
    5. left click ISPI
    6. left click Rheingold
    7. on the right hand panel of the screen, left click Licence and choose Modify
    8. Be careful to modify only the entries on this line as described...use the left arrow key to scroll along the line to a date format entry, which is followed by the words Package Expire and change the date to 2072-09-20
    9. After you have changed the package expiration date, continue to use the left arrow key to scroll further back along the line until you find another date format entry, which is followed by the word Expiration (this date will be identical to the original entry that you altered during the last step) - change this date to 2072-09-20
    10.When you have completed the above changes, collapse the registry editor back to show only the HKEY menus, then close the registry editor and restart your computer.
    11. CONGRATULATIONS, your Rheingold licence is now current until 2072-09-20. Note when editing the expiration date for ISTA, you should maintain the original date format (usually YYYY MM DD) - as some packages use an underscore and some use a hypenated seperator for date entry values.

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    If you can't find it at that registry entry, try here-
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BMWGroup\ISPI\Rheingold

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    Hi brothers,
    someone can hel me with Ista/p 3.41 licence??

I need it to active my ista/p copy, but I have only the framework file but no licence file.
    Thanks in advance

My Cars
    Hi brothers,
    someone can help me with Ista/p 3.41 licence??

I need it to active my ista/p copy, but I have only the framework file no licence file.
    Thanks in advance

Do you resolved?

My Cars
    2007 E91 325D
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Many members will no doubt have encountered a situation where they have had Rheingold ISTA/D running successfully on their computers, only to later encounter the situation where they can no longer access the software and get a license expired message. The majority of suggestions to resolve this situation found on the internet suggest that users adjust the bios setting of their machines to a date before the original license expiry date but as the result of an enquiry from another member, I decided to post my resolution of this problem (which has been tested and found to work on machines running both Windows 10 and XP Operating systems):-

1. Run Regedit
    2. Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    3. left click SOFTWARE
    4. left click BMWGROUP
    5. left click ISPI
    6. left click Rheingold
    7. on the right hand panel of the screen, left click Licence and choose Modify
    8. Be careful to modify only the entries on this line as described...use the left arrow key to scroll along the line to a date format entry, which is followed by the words Package Expire and change the date to 2072-09-20
    9. After you have changed the package expiration date, continue to use the left arrow key to scroll further back along the line until you find another date format entry, which is followed by the word Expiration (this date will be identical to the original entry that you altered during the last step) - change this date to 2072-09-20
    10.When you have completed the above changes, collapse the registry editor back to show only the HKEY menus, then close the registry editor and restart your computer.
    11. CONGRATULATIONS, your Rheingold licence is now current until 2072-09-20. Note when editing the expiration date for ISTA, you should maintain the original date format (usually YYYY MM DD) - as some packages use an underscore and some use a hypenated seperator for date entry values.
    I tried the above but I get stuck at no.5, if I click on ISPI it doesn't go onto Rheingold.
    Is there any other way of doing this?.
    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

My Cars
    524td 1988
    it's only for win10 or xp,you probably have another Operating systems

My Cars
    Bmw

I am having same issue with license

Quote Originally Posted by bugess View Post
    it's only for win10 or xp,you probably have another Operating systems
    Im running windows 10 and i have the same issue as above i cant get past step 5 ispi. Its as if nothing exists in that folder. Although my software is on an external hard drive im not sure how much if a difference that would make.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325Ci
    For Windows 7, use: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BMWGroup\ ISPI\Rheingold"

My Cars
    E30, e38 ,e46, e60,e90
    Thank you for this information.
    I am also having an issue to get Rheingold up after reinstalling recently.
    In the registry, I do not show an entry for license, only .PsdzDataPath, .ExpertMode , . Enabled, Stealthmode and "(default)"

I have tried using license version from different downloads and it seems these files don't show up in either "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BMWGr oup\ ISPI\Rheingold" or "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BMWGroup\ISPI\Rheingold"

W10, 64 bit.

Thanks for any ideas

My Cars
    2014 318d
    I have the same problem. I have an ISTA-D 4.03.31, installed in 2018 on Windows XP. It successfuly worked back that day. But I didn't need it 5 years long and the PC was updated to Windows 10 in meanwhile.

Not I need it again, but the License registry key is missing in both "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BMWGroup\ISPI\Rheingo ld" and "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BMWGroup\ ISPI\Rheingold"