1 8.33%
  • SS euro reps with euro mid pipes

5 41.67%
  • SS euro reps with 3 inch exhaust

3 25.00%
  • Shorty headers with AA track pipe setup

3 25.00%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Combo Thread for cars with cams.

My Cars
    skateboard

Exhaust Combo Thread for cars with cams.

I figured since trying to find threads about exhaust combos kind of sucks now with the recent photobucket 3rd party crap not allowing pics to be seen of dyno graphs/exhaust setups.

Also I recently picked up a set of epic Motorsport cams. I'm trying to figure out which exhaust combo to go with that's not going to hurt power much down low while also not choking the car up top.

Hopefully the poll will work since I'm posting this from my phone.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Holy smokes only one vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    lol, yeah.. since ive had that combo... i voted... my car just keept want to pull harder all the way...
    98 Estoril ///M3 4/6
    S54 swap CSL

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by TH3 Shifty View Post
    lol, yeah.. since ive had that combo... i voted... my car just keept want to pull harder all the way...
    Did you have the race euro m3 mid pipes, or the standard?

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    '98 M3
    I've got long tube headers heading into the BW S54 adapter pipe (which I had modified) then to the AA section B track pipe and AA exhaust. Sounds good and picked up 11rwhp over my old setup, which was the same long tube headers going into the OEM cats, then a UUC TSE exhaust.
    '03 911 Turbo 6MT fun car
    '18 Toyota Land Cruiser Daily driver/Ski Machine/Off Roader
    '15 Cayenne Diesel Wife's DD
    '17 KTM 690 "Adv" 2 wheeled Adventurer

My Cars
    98 m3
    Id go with something like this

1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold
    1998 M3 Turbo Arctic/black - current
    2004 Built motor TiAg/Black - Sold
    2008 E61 19T Turbo-Wagon - current
    2011 E82 135i - S85 Swap - current
    1998 M3 Cosmos S54 swapped Sedan - current

1998 Turbo: PTE6870 | 1.15 ar | Hp Cover, Custom Divided T4 bottom-mount, 3.5" SS exhaust, Dual Turbosmart Compgates, Turbosmart Raceport BOV, 3.5" Treadstone Intercooler, 3.5" Vibrant resonator and muffler, Arp 2k Headstuds | Arp 2k Main studs | 87mm Je pistons | Eagle rods | 9.2:1 static compression, Ces 87mm cutring, Custom solid rear subframe bushings, Akg 85d diff bushings, 4 clutch 3.15 diff, , Poly engine mounts, UUC trans mounts W/ enforcers, 22RPD OBD2 Stock ECU id1700 E85 tune, 22RPD Big power Transmission swap w/ GS6-53

My Cars
    skateboard

Quote Originally Posted by DocWyte View Post
    I've got long tube headers heading into the BW S54 adapter pipe (which I had modified) then to the AA section B track pipe and AA exhaust. Sounds good and picked up 11rwhp over my old setup, which was the same long tube headers going into the OEM cats, then a UUC TSE exhaust.

Sweet which headers ?

Quote Originally Posted by vollosso View Post
    Id go with something like this
    [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170716/59d1c408a33272c5d96d2dc110ce7a1b.jpg[/Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like something I seen on eBay

― George Orwell

My Cars
    '98 M3
    They were on the car when I bought it, so I'm really not sure. They're not as sexy as the ones pictured above...
    '03 911 Turbo 6MT fun car
    '18 Toyota Land Cruiser Daily driver/Ski Machine/Off Roader
    '15 Cayenne Diesel Wife's DD
    '17 KTM 690 "Adv" 2 wheeled Adventurer

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    I voted for the long tubes + 3" single exhaust as that's what I ran with my 286/272 cams and it was great for an NA s52.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by rajicase View Post
    I voted for the long tubes + 3" single exhaust as that's what I ran with my 286/272 cams and it was great for an NA s52.
    Any dyno sheets?

― George Orwell

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Any of the stepped kromerkraft left that were for sale recently?

Did you read the eurotuner project m3 series using sunbelt with as track pipe and bavauto shorties? 265 rwhp top end very little bottom end loss.

My Cars
    skateboard

Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    Any of the stepped kromerkraft left that were for sale recently?

Did you read the eurotuner project m3 series using sunbelt with as track pipe and bavauto shorties? 265 rwhp top end very little bottom end loss.
    Yes, but that's the best that setup can do.

Last edited by GG///M3; 07-16-2017 at 09:12 PM.
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    M3
    I'm going with a full Active exhaust. Currently running a cat delete and Rogue DMS. It's loud but I feel like the GenIII AA muffler will quite it down since the headers will make it louder.

Let's see how she does. I also have VF supercharger and I'm running Schrick cams basic.
    95 Cosmos

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3 View Post
    Yes, but that's the best that setup can do.

I think the only way you would do better would be with more bottom end loss. Stepped headers would be your best bet to reduce torque loss with more radical cams and the only company that made them for an E36 was kromerkraft.

My Cars
    skateboard
    I think the only way you would do better would be with more bottom end loss. Stepped headers would be your best bet to reduce torque loss with more radical cams and the only company that made them for an E36 was kromerkraft.
    What funny is you can get knock off ebay shorty headers with a full exhaust for 799 shipped.

What I was sort of leaning towards was euro ss reps with euro ss race mid pipes which are basically straight pipes.

The issue there is what do I do for a catback that will fit on the euro mid pipes?

― George Orwell

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Has to be Euro or after market Euro. I used a Euro Supersprint. Occasionally BMP and others put the SS stuff on sale.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Has to be Euro or after market Euro. I used a Euro Supersprint. Occasionally BMP and others put the SS stuff on sale.
    Turner just dropped their prices on the euro race mid pipes , and I just ordered them.

Faint is sealed for me at least Euro SS reps , and euro race mid pipes. Now I'll need to figure out a rear muffler.

― George Orwell

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    When I was researching exhausts I was pretty set on dual 2.25" with an x-pipe right after the headers. I then ran across this post and it kings of reaffirmed what I was thinking.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...e_pid=19703813

I ended up with a single 3" because I got it for free. My car was r&d for DNA Motoring so I got the headers & full exhaust installed for free. The workmanship could have been better but the sound is amazing, it does get a lot of compliments.

That said, I recently saw a setup similar to the dual I wanted to make on the dyno. The only difference was in the shape and placement of the x. Just as I thought, torque came on early and the car made good power up top for a basic schrick car. Volloso tuned it, not sure if he's gotten the dyno sheets back from the operator yet. Eventually I will build that system, probably around the time I get a set of Zach's headers LOL
    Last edited by Foda420; 07-18-2017 at 06:16 PM.
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3 View Post

Sweet. Free sounds awesome.
    Post edited
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by Foda420 View Post
    When I was researching exhausts I was pretty set on dual 2.25" with an x-pipe right after the headers. I then ran across this post and it kings of reaffirmed what I was thinking.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...e_pid=19703813

I ended up with a single 3" because I got it for free. My car was r&d for DNA Motoring so I got the headers & full exhaust installed for free. The workmanship could have been better but the sound is amazing, it does get a lot of compliments.

That said, I recently saw a setup similar to the dual I wanted to make on the dyno. The only difference was in the shape and placement of the x. Just as I thought, torque came on early and the car made good power up top for a basic schrick car. Volloso tuned it, not sure if he's gotten the dyno sheets back from the operator yet. Eventually I will build that system, probably around the time I get a set of Zach's headers LOL
    Yea I went with these.
    https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...replaces-cats/

Now I need to get a rear muffler to make it all work. Maybe a used rouge dms since its 2.25(still a bit smaller then the mid pipes.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Does the Euro race have the x? I had the version with a resonator in each pipe and an x.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Does the Euro race have the x? I had the version with a resonator in each pipe and an x.
    Yes there is an X

― George Orwell

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    I had the replica Foler was making last year... was super nice.. polished stainless... and was $350 shipped..
    98 Estoril ///M3 4/6
    S54 swap CSL

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by TH3 Shifty View Post
    I had the replica Foler was making last year... was super nice.. polished stainless... and was $350 shipped..
    I almost went with his setup on my s54 swapped car, but ended up using everything from e46 m3 exhaust 2/3 mated to UUC corsa muffler instead.

― George Orwell

My Cars
    skateboard
    I think I'm going to try, and copy this .

Last edited by GG///M3; 07-21-2017 at 05:34 PM.
    ― George Orwell

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast