Thread: A/C motor blowing like it's on the highest setting when it's on the lowest

My Cars
    2001 BMW 325i

A/C motor blowing like it's on the highest setting when it's on the lowest

Fellow Bimmer Drivers.

I have a 2001 BMW 325i, with close to 219K miles. About 3 weeks ago, when I turned on my A/C motor regardless of the setting, it's blowing hard like it's on the highest setting (#4). Every once in a while it will blow like it's on the correct setting, but that will only last for a few minutes, then it's blowing again like it's on the highest sighting. Needless to say, when it blowing on the highest setting all the time my gas mileage is taking a hit as well. I live in the Phoenix, AZ area and having an A/C at this time of year is critical and it is blowing cold air (hallelujah to that). I did a Google/You Tube search and the closest thing I found was it could be the A/C motor resistor. But I wanted to be sure and come to the experts! Has anyone had this same problem? What is it? And what's the solution?

Thanks in Advance

GW

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Hello and welcome to the forum! That sounds correct, if you're able to do the fix yourself; take a look at the link below for the procedure.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/tech...eplacement.htm
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    2001 BMW 325i
    Thanks............I saw a video on YT on how to replace in the BMW as well....I'll give it a try.