My Cars
    2007 x5

Unhappy 2007 X5 Parking Brake Malfunction (error code 6023)

Before this error I had Error 600D so I changed the module, the module worked for once and stopped and since then I got error 6023 (Power Supply). My battery is doing OK , don't have any issue with other parts of the vehicle. is there any idea how may I clean the error from the unit or the car, it seems that the error is sitting there and prevent the unit from functioning.
    I have also updated software on EMF hoping to clear the error but it seems the error is not stored in EMF or may be there is something wrong with the voltage on my battery.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 535D M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by alinikibmw View Post
    Before this error I had Error 600D so I changed the module, the module worked for once and stopped and since then I got error 6023 (Power Supply). My battery is doing OK , don't have any issue with other parts of the vehicle. is there any idea how may I clean the error from the unit or the car, it seems that the error is sitting there and prevent the unit from functioning.
    I have also updated software on EMF hoping to clear the error but it seems the error is not stored in EMF or may be there is something wrong with the voltage on my battery.
    Can take you engage the parking brake manually using the button and it works anyway, also do you have autohold function for the brake?

My Cars
    2007 x5
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishLad View Post
    Can take you engage the parking brake manually using the button and it works anyway, also do you have autohold function for the brake?
    No I don't have auto Hold Button,

Would you explain about how I can manually engage the brake? I've got the orange light and the error on the cluster !!

My Cars
    2006 BMW 535D M-Sport
    I mean using the park button to manually engage the brake, maybe you don't have one? I had a similar issue and it was related to the auto hold module had a bad earth cable. But like you I replaced the brake module which then needed to be calibrated using ISTA-D with the steering wheel angel sensor. Once that was run it worked fine. Might be the same for you, clear the errors then calibrate the brake.

My Cars
    2007 x5
    I mean using the park button to manually engage the brake, maybe you don't have one? I had a similar issue and it was related to the auto hold module had a bad earth cable. But like you I replaced the brake module which then needed to be calibrated using ISTA-D with the steering wheel angel sensor. Once that was run it worked fine. Might be the same for you, clear the errors then calibrate the brake.
    Thanks for the reply,

the problem is I don't know how to clear error, I am a bit new in this, may need some guidance

My Cars
    2006 BMW 535D M-Sport
    Have you got INPA or ideally ISTA-D available to use with a ICOM or K+D CAN cable? You will need one of these to read and clear errors. For more basic clearing and reading errors you could get iCarly Adapter and app for your phone.

My Cars
    2007 x5
    Have you got INPA or ideally ISTA-D available to use with a ICOM or K+D CAN cable? You will need one of these to read and clear errors. For more basic clearing and reading errorsYes you could get iCarly Adapter and app for your phone.
    Yes, I have inpa and k+D cable, I have cleard the error from EMF, but it comes back. I also update the software on EMF but still not working. showing error 6023 (power supply)

My Cars
    2009 BMW X5
    Quote Originally Posted by alinikibmw View Post
    Yes, I have inpa and k+D cable, I have cleard the error from EMF, but it comes back. I also update the software on EMF but still not working. showing error 6023 (power supply)
    were you able to fix this problem? I just replaced my module, coded it but still have code 6023.
    Last edited by jayson335i; 12-09-2017 at 10:21 AM.

My Cars
    2008 E70 X5 4.8i
    I'd like to know if this was solved, and what was needed to solve it. Have the same issue. I also have a 6E7E fault (Dynamnic Drive) which may or may not be related, but the reading says there's a "sporadic undervaultage detected by EMF control unit". If I solve this my Dynamic Drive might work again.

My Cars
    M
    Hello,
    I know this is a old thread... But I'm having same problem... How did you solved your problem with 6032 error?
    Thank you