Thread: Euro bumper center strip ordering (group buy)?

My Cars
    635csi, 325is, 740il

Euro bumper center strip ordering (group buy)?

Does anyone else need a new chrome center strip for their front euro bumper?

I have been on backorder for a few months now with Schmiedmann on this part (51 11 1 838 795). Current stock is zero. They are telling me that there isn't enough system demand for another parts run on these. They are not able to tell me what the quota is or how many orders are pending already. I was thinking that if there were a few others who also needed this part, we could pull together and maybe get the ball rolling on some new pieces.

Thoughts?

Or if anyone has a mint piece they would be willing to part with, please let me know!

Alex

All cars are money pits, it's just that some people love theirs more than others.

The '85

The '83

My Cars
    1985 BMW 635csi
    With the growing scarcity of these chrome plated pieces, and the susceptibly to rusting, I wonder if it might make sense in reproducing them in chrome plated plastic. I've seen some petty convincing pieces made of this stuff.

My Cars
    635csi, 325is, 740il
    I've been thinking about a repro option. I'd prefer steel myself, but I'm open to chromed-plastic. What's on my E38 looks good, I'll admit.

I think for my car, I'll just repair and re-plate the center strip. But I'll look into some options. I have some sheet metal contacts, and I have the ability to model the parts in 3D.

Alex

- - - Updated - - -

I've been thinking about a repro option. I'd prefer steel myself, but I'm open to chromed-plastic. What's on my E38 looks good, I'll admit.

I think for my car, I'll just repair and re-plate the center strip. But I'll look into some options. I have some sheet metal contacts, and I have the ability to model the parts in 3D.

Alex

All cars are money pits, it's just that some people love theirs more than others.

The '85

The '83

My Cars
    E30/E32/F25
    I think I have one in alright shape how bad is yours?
    Me E30 87/ 325i + F25 12/ M-Sport + E32 94/ 740i

G/F’s E34 92/ 525iT + F48 18/ X1

My Cars
    635csi, 325is, 740il
    It's got a good side gouge in the middle of it, about 6-8" long. I also had to grind off the thread posts to get it out of the bumper. I'll send you my email in a PM. I'd like to see some pics, and we can talk from there.

Alex

The '85

The '83