Thread: Whats the best Light weight Racing Seats for the $$$

My Cars
    97 bmw M3

Whats the best Light weight Racing Seats for the $$$

Im looking to reduce a bunch of weight out of my 328is. It has the luxury electronic seats.

Im looking for any feedback on seats that you guys have used. Im looking for the best seats that are light weight for the $$$. I don't care what brand they are.

Comfort is also important.

Jordan
    Last edited by jwestern; 07-12-2017 at 02:38 PM.

My Cars
    '95m3(Avus)/996tt/4.8is
    Quote Originally Posted by jwestern View Post
    Im looking to reduce a bunch of weight out of my 328is. It has the luxury electronic seats.

Im looking for any feedback on seats that you guys have used. Im looking for the best seats that are light weight for the $$$. I don't care what brand they are.

Comfort is also important.

Jordan
    Looking for Halo seats? I highly recommend the Sparco Ergo if it is a dual duty car as the Halos are detachable for street driving.

mslevin is offline Have you checked RealOEM? BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    Sparco R100 is comfortable and reclinable, much lighter than the stock seats.

My current seat is a Sparco Sprint. Much MUCH lighter than the stock seats, and one of the more comfortable bucket seats I've ever sat in.

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by mslevin View Post
    Sparco R100 is comfortable and reclinable, much lighter than the stock seats.

My current seat is a Sparco Sprint. Much MUCH lighter than the stock seats, and one of the more comfortable bucket seats I've ever sat in.
    I was also going to recommend the R100 if you need/want a reclinable. I've been using them for a long time and have taken them on more than a few long trips with no real complaints. Lightest reclinable I could find as well.
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    The above are great recommendations. I'll add the Sparco Chrono Road as a folder.
    FYI, if it's a dual purpose seat that spends more than 30 min on the road at a time, IMO, FIT is everything. And you won't know until you sit in it.

My Cars
    '95m3(Avus)/996tt/4.8is
    I will add head restraint (in my opinion) as the MOST important aspect to safety in this hobby. A HNR only protects a very narrow range, so a HALO seat or nets are a must if the car is going to be for primarily track use....

My Cars
    1993 325is
    About 10 years ago, I got a smoking deal on some carbon fiber knock offs of one of the Recaro models (can't remember which Recaro) but they were $600 shipped and the seats are stupid light (9.5lbs each) still quite rigid and surprisingly comfortable - 5 hours trips are no problem.

They were Tom's Motorsport seats. I wish I could find another pair. Mine are getting a little long in the tooth!

(not mine)

28qqia9.jpg
    243i61d.jpg
    Last edited by jakermac; 07-14-2017 at 02:27 PM.

My Cars
    Estoril M3/4/5, E46 M3
    I have been very happy with my Cobra Suzuka GT's. They are kevlar bucket seats versus most other entry level fixed back seats that are fiberglass; the kevlar makes them much stronger and safer than fiberglass. Plus, they're really comfortable on the road.
    2003.5 BMW M3 Coupe (Daily Driver) | Titanium Silver | Black Nappa Leather | 6MT | Cold Weather Package | Premium Package | Navigation | Harmon Kardon | Matte Black Grills | Dice iPod Integration

1998 M3 Sedan (Track Car) | Estoril Blue on Dove Gray | 5MT | Dinan Cold Air Intake and Stage 2 ECU | Stromung Catback | TC Kline Double Adjustable Coilover Kit | APEX ARC 8 | Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec | PFC 08 Brake Pads | Cobra Suzuka GT Seat | Schroth Quick Fit Harnesses | Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob

My Cars
    '98 M3
    How you fit in the seats is really important. I'd try to sit in as many as you can before you decide which ones you want.

For instance, I have a very long torso, that makes it hard for me to find a seat I fit in. I really only fit in two, the Recaro SPG XL and the Racetech 4009W.
    '03 911 Turbo 6MT fun car
    '18 Toyota Land Cruiser Daily driver/Ski Machine/Off Roader
    '15 Cayenne Diesel Wife's DD
    '17 KTM 690 "Adv" 2 wheeled Adventurer

My Cars
    My E36 supercar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005 330iZHP View Post
    I have been very happy with my Cobra Suzuka GT's. They are kevlar bucket seats versus most other entry level fixed back seats that are fiberglass; the kevlar makes them much stronger and safer than fiberglass. Plus, they're really comfortable on the road.
    This. Though I went with the regular size and never looked back. It must be one of the best seats for the $$$ since most seats under $600 are junk.

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    I'm on the Cobra Suzuka train as well. I have a GT and use a standard for the passenger. The standard is skinny as shit, i can't even fit my ass bones in it. ha They have fairly tall shoulder strap holes so are good for taller people. I'm 6'4 and without a bottom cushion it fits like a glove.