My Cars
    2003 BMW X5 (E53)

2003 E53 X5 NON-DSP Amp Replacement

(For the TLDR'ers, skip to "THE ISSUE" or further "THE QUESTION(s)")

Hi everyone!

Although I've been lurking for some years, this marks my first official post (be gentle).

Please note this is for a Non-DSP HIFI E53 2003 X5. Sorry if this has been asked and answered before; it's just very hard finding direct information regarding non-dsp's.

Just before we went on vacation, my wife's X5 ran into a bit of trouble. Long story short, the primary fuel pump died and needed to be replaced. Unfortunately, firstly, I had to leave and come back to diagnosing the issue while we were away for 2 weeks. Secondly, during the diagnosing, I swapped and tested some fuses and relays to get a definitive indicator the fuel pump was dead.

THE ISSUE:
    After everything came back together, the aftermarket stereo (***** GA6166 - Great unit!) seemed to work ok (screen, navigation, wifi, etc) but there was no sound coming from the speakers. The headrest monitors do, however, have sound coming from them still. After some searching on the forums (thank you!) I found the amp located in the back left wall panel in the trunk/boot. When I pulled the connector, I found most of the connectors had been corroded and even one pin was completely rusted in two. So now I am planning to replace the amp but I do not want to bend over and buy the $600 OEM flavor (NO F-IN WAY!).

THE QUESTION(s):
    1- Since this is non-dsp and supposedly analog, can I simply splice/rewire a suitable 4-channel amp in its place and be good to go?
    2- Are there other components somewhere in this wiring maze I should look for that could also cause the speakers to not function? Note I did check all fuses and relays, and all are properly functioning with correct voltages.
    3- Is there a complete system wiring diagram for an E53 non-dsp system that shows every component from head to speakers?

THANK YOU!!!

My Cars
    2003 BMW X5 (E53)
    Just bumping the thread. Was my question a dumb one?

My Cars
    2003 BMW X5 (E53)
    The result of this was I purchased an OEM amp, and spliced the wires in-line to it. The amp on my model outputs directly to the speakers. So it was a very simple process.

My Cars
    2000, BMW, 323i, E46
    Quote Originally Posted by XeroPhane View Post
    The result of this was I purchased an OEM amp, and spliced the wires in-line to it. The amp on my model outputs directly to the speakers. So it was a very simple process.
    I figured out i have this same issue...

What do you mean you spliced the wires? Is it because you had to get another connector? One of the terminals on the amp corroded inside of the connector so I will have to do this as well...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XeroPhane View Post
    I figured out i have this same issue...

What do you mean you spliced the wires? Is it because you had to get another connector? One of the terminals on the amp corroded inside of the connector so I will have to do this as well...

My Cars
    2003 BMW X5 (E53)
    @trentcdrums yes the wires are corroded inside the connector, and the original connector didn't interface directly with the new amp. So i just cut it off and then spliced the new wires to the old. I'll try to post a picture tonight