Thread: WTB: AC Schnitzer Splitters and 3-piece Spoiler for E36/8 Ms #hopespringseternal

My Cars
    '02 M Coupe x2

WTB: AC Schnitzer Splitters and 3-piece Spoiler for E36/8 Ms #hopespringseternal

After having already searched for quite a while, I thought I had finally finished the ordeal and procured a set of reproductions to put on one of my coupes, but alas - the splitters are poorly fitting to my coupes front end, and the wing lacks hardware. Though I suppose I could save a bit of cash, potentially, by just getting hardware for it, I'd be interested in picking up a better example than the one I received.

So, looking to buy either genuine German plastic, or (good quality, only, please!) reproductions of one or both of these items. Thanks for your time, and have a good one.

-Jeff

PS - have any other DOPE AF aero bits for the M coupes you wanna sell? Let me know!
    '02 M Coupe, Estoril Blue on Estoril
    '02 M Coupe, -???-Who knows-???-
    ‘02 M Coupe, Alpine White on Black
    '06 M Coupe, Interlagos Blue/Black Carbon Leather
    ’99 M3 Coupe, Technoviolet/Black
    ’04 VW R32, Reflex Silver/Black Cloth

My Cars
    02 MC, 01 MR, 99 Z3C
    Who made the splitters? I recall the Motion Motorsport reps were pretty good, though I don't know if they are still available. I think cemalakcal was selling the wing.
    Kelvin

My Cars
    Z3 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KBH22102 View Post
    Who made the splitters? I recall the Motion Motorsport reps were pretty good, though I don't know if they are still available. I think cemalakcal was selling the wing.
    Sure I still have 1 but won't produce a new batch

For splitters you can either buy from Genuine ACS from UK or replicas.
    @Tripfcr
    1998 M Coupe
    : (Euro S50B32), Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355x32mm Front & Mono4 332x32mm Rear Full Floating BBK

My Cars
    Coupes...
    How bad do you want them?
    White is Right, Steel Grey is OK, but Estoril is the only color that truly matters.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    BMW Z3 3.0 VF SC'd
    Quote Originally Posted by mpire View Post
    How bad do you want them?

"You don't win silver....you lose gold."

My Cars
    '02 M Coupe x2
    Badly enough to make another thread about them. I know of the U.K. route for the splitters, but I have no means of taking advantage of it.

My Cars
    BMW Z3 3.0 VF SC'd
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffyD View Post
    Badly enough to make another thread about them. I know of the U.K. route for the splitters, but I have no means of taking advantage of it.
    You always have a means. What stopping you from getting the ones from the U.K.?

"You don't win silver....you lose gold."

My Cars
    '02 M Coupe x2
    The U.K. lies far to the East! The journey would have me cross mountains of the tallest peaks, and the shearest of drops! The flatlands the size of an entire continent, and offering little in means of sustaining the lives of those who dare tread across it! Through urban sprawls, dried corpses of dreams and promises from better, more naive times... whose inhabitants curse foreign travelers caught trespassing in their neighborhoods, shouting terrible and ancient spells of horrific powers; "'ey! I'm walkin' ovah heyuh! Wai I oughtta, 'ow 'bout deez wutz!" Misfortunes that carries in the blood, spanning generations. And then the final trial of this merciless gauntlet- a vast body of water, of such immense proportions that no man may swim from one shore to the other without first succumbing to the burning void awaiting all those who fill their lungs with the undrinkable liquid death.

And then there's the language divide. What the heck are they talking about? "Oi guvnuh six pence fo a shoe shine it is it is!" Pffft... what? I ain't no ones mate, guy. You want a whaaaaat? A cigarette? Just friggin say that, for crying out loud.

My Cars
    E36 Evo 3.2 6m/t artik
    The U.K. lies far to the East! The journey would have me cross mountains of the tallest peaks, and the shearest of drops! The flatlands the size of an entire continent, and offering little in means of sustaining the lives of those who dare tread across it! Through urban sprawls, dried corpses of dreams and promises from better, more naive times... whose inhabitants curse foreign travelers caught trespassing in their neighborhoods, shouting terrible and ancient spells of horrific powers; "'ey! I'm walkin' ovah heyuh! Wai I oughtta, 'ow 'bout deez wutz!" Misfortunes that carries in the blood, spanning generations. And then the final trial of this merciless gauntlet- a vast body of water, of such immense proportions that no man may swim from one shore to the other without first succumbing to the burning void awaiting all those who fill their lungs with the undrinkable liquid death.

And then there's the language divide. What the heck are they talking about? "Oi guvnuh six pence fo a shoe shine it is it is!" Pffft... what? I ain't no ones mate, guy. You want a whaaaaat? A cigarette? Just friggin say that, for crying out loud.
    Jeepers get over yourself..........

I can recommend CemalAkcal's splitters they are a fraction of the real thing, perfectly executed, come with a simple fitting kit and are an exact fit. Payment is easily arranged thru Paypal, and fast courier delivery was a plus for us here in Christchurch New Zealand (to the extreme south of where you are JeffyD.
    No affiliation. (Other than a satisfied purchaser)
    94 Schnitzer 325is Coupe (HellRot) 97 M3 Evo Coupe (ArtikSilber) 2000 M Coupe S54(StahlGrau)

My Cars
    Coupes...
    Its too funking hard to post pictures on here anymore, so I just stick to the FB groups.

I have a set, NIB. If you really want them make an offer, I need to pay for a new paint job.

email b (at symbol) s54b32 dot com
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 07-14-2017 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Language
    White is Right, Steel Grey is OK, but Estoril is the only color that truly matters.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    E34, E36, E36/7
    yeah attaching pictures to the forum is super hard...
    13 Grand Cherokee Limited V8 - Daily Driver - Wife
    97 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    95 325i Sedan - Project #ebayE36
    90 BMW 535i/5 - i should probably work on this again...

My Cars
    z3
    Yes, it is. It shouldn't be this difficult but we have Photobucket to thank for that. Some of the other free options out there are not as reliable in my experience as photobucket or imageshack once was...
    We are discussing other options to try to make image sharing and hosting as easy as possible.

In the meantime you can, of course, attach images directly to the post and they will be uploaded and hosted by bimmerforums.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    Coupes...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see an option to upload the pic directly like the old days.

All I see is a box for a web address.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    E34, E36, E36/7
    whoah wth. just yesterday there was a tab for uploading from your pc. where did it go?
    13 Grand Cherokee Limited V8 - Daily Driver - Wife
    97 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    95 325i Sedan - Project #ebayE36
    90 BMW 535i/5 - i should probably work on this again...

My Cars
    '02 M Coupe x2
    Quote Originally Posted by btz461 View Post
    Jeepers get over yourself..........

I can recommend CemalAkcal's splitters they are a fraction of the real thing, perfectly executed, come with a simple fitting kit and are an exact fit. Payment is easily arranged thru Paypal, and fast courier delivery was a plus for us here in Christchurch New Zealand (to the extreme south of where you are JeffyD.
    No affiliation. (Other than a satisfied purchaser)
    Believe you me, I am already SO OVER myself. Why won't it stoooop?

Im pretty sure cemal ain't making none no more. So, it looks like I'm SoL on that front. Or maybe he was just talking about the spoiler. It's confusing. I'm kind of stupid, so many things are confusing.

Also, I agree. Make bimmerforums great again! Put the 'For Us' back in forums!

My Cars
    E34 525iT, '99 M Coupe
    JeffyD,
    You already have some splitters? If so, heat them in the oven, one at a time, then grab 'em with leather gloves, run, don't walk to your coupe of choice, and push the heated splitter firmly against the bumper.
    Last edited by paul4223; 07-15-2017 at 07:36 PM.

My Cars
    '02 M Coupe x2
    Instructions unclear - attempting jogging but burnt hands when pressing car into leather gloves in my oven with a split bumper. Tried crying, but fairy godmother will not be manipulated. Send for reinforcements. Tell my cats I love them, and they may eat my face... but not at all once! Their tummies are sensitive and they shouldn't eat their feelings just because they're bored. it's a bad habit. Blargh

My Cars
    z3

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    E34 525iT, '99 M Coupe
    Instructions unclear - attempting jogging but burnt hands when pressing car into leather gloves in my oven with a split bumper. Tried crying, but fairy godmother will not be manipulated. Send for reinforcements. Tell my cats I love them, and they may eat my face... but not at all once! Their tummies are sensitive and they shouldn't eat their feelings just because they're bored. it's a bad habit. Blargh
    Why do you even bother to post such complete gibberish? It's clear that you really aren't looking for parts or help - but merely for an audience for your silly grope at "creative writing."

I'm outta here.
    Last edited by paul4223; 07-15-2017 at 10:28 PM.

My Cars
    '01 Z3 Coupe, '91 318i
    This thread is like a creative writing post-off, and JeffD is winning.

My Cars
    '02 M Coupe x2
    In the pursuit of these requested items, a completely genuine ordeal, I assure you, I took time to respond to people's replies in the thread which I created to aid my noble quest. Strangely, as this is an uncommon treasure, there hasn't been a huge influx of offers made to me. So far, one possible but unlikely lead - a matter of intuition telling me this particular coupe keeper has a higher number in mind than I am willing to go, and not due to a lack of serious interest, I assure you. Responding to people, even if in a silly manner, seemed more polite than ignoring them.

My apologies for not taking your suggestion of more or less melting the splitters onto my bumper more seriously. In that vein, "I'm not going to do that. I don't have access to a clear path from an oven to my front bumper, and even if it technically could work in theory, Ill opt to work with more pliant parts instead. They do not line up with the bumper well enough that heat alone will bring them into line reasonably. Thanks for your suggestion."

My Cars
    '02 M Coupe x2
    Hi, I am still looking for these. I'm guessing my best chance is to have a middleman in the Uk to ship the splitters to, and then shipped to me. So, let me know if you would like to assist in such an endeavor and we can talk handling fee! Thanks!

Beyond that, the spoiler isn't high on my priority list, since I can make the repro more than likely work with some new hardware, but drop me a line if you have any leads, or any on offer, please. Thanks.

Finally, I'd like to point out that, for anyone who is unsure, yes - I am actually in pursuit of these items, no - I am not doing some sort of weird masturbatory creative writing exercise here... and no, I am not trying to purposefully rub anyone the wrong way. I don't know why anyone would get that impression.

Anyway, thanks for the time, take it easy, keep it sleazy, and so on.

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe
    JeffyD, I have a lead on a genuine ACS spoiler. It'll be in my possession in 2 weeks time if you're interested. Send me a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    ‘97 M3/4/5 ‘99 M Coupe
    Group buy? I'd be interested.