Thread: If you had a touring body shell, no engine and no interior, what would you do with it

My Cars
    z3

If you had a touring body shell, no engine and no interior, what would you do with it

I bought a touring with a bad engine so Danny could have a black interior and I could part out the rest. I'm going to take the hood and tailgate off because they are straight and valuable, but I know doors and a lot of this other crap isn't worth much. Car has 200K paint is bad and shes just a little rough on the edges. So its not a rebuild candidate.

So, I have a stripped rolling shell. Scrap value isn't even really worth the time to tow it over to the metal yard so I'm thinking of cool stuff to do with it instead and want to hear some suggestions

I'm tempted to find the biggest junkyard engine I can find and try to shoehorn it in and make it run. If I did some sort of build there will be only 3 focuses: ensuring the car stops, ensuring the car steers and making the engine run. We don't need luxury items like a working gauge cluster, ABS or headlights.

I was sort of thinking a Rally Build would be pretty cool, try to raise the suspension by cutting the shock towers and welding them a few inches lower, weld on a pickup tailgate and a homemade bull bar...
    Zombie Apocalypse Build - leave only the doors, BIG engine, weld some bull bars on. Idk. Danny has a welder now so that opens some doors. I'd have to wait until TWD is back on to do this though.
    Pay Danny to attempt to rebuild the M62 that is in a million pieces. This isn't a build but it'd be very funny for me to watch

It's not something I'm going to be able to get to for awhile, especially in this freaking HEAT, but if anyone has any cool ideas maybe I can be on the lookout for stuff to make that idea happen until I can start a build this winter.
    What ideas have you got?

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    01 750il, E38/9 Parts
    I have one, and I'm selling it for $100 XD

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    --- 750il Maintenance/Restoration Thread --- E38/9 Parts Cars --- YouTube Channel ---

My Cars
    01 750il, E38/9 Parts
    Also, make sure and keep the rear doors as well, being touring specific. My buddy is swapping out the Detroit diesel in his K30 with an LS, he kept insisting that it needs to go in one of my cars

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    --- 750il Maintenance/Restoration Thread --- E38/9 Parts Cars --- YouTube Channel ---

My Cars
    00 740i M sport
    not sure if this will work, but i think it was Kroy who had some nice creative fun with rvae34's LS wagon...

might be a little inspiration for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
    Oh boy!

I'm tempted to do a few other styles of supercharger intake.

My Cars
    98 M3, 03 540it M-Sport
    AirBNB
    '98 M3 5spd - '03 540it 6spd M-Sport

My Cars
    e24e30e36e39e90
    Smoker
    Demolition derby car
    El camino

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Make it a truck with some cummins inside

My Cars
    z3
    The current thought process is once it gets a bit cooler out we are going to look for an F150 or ford van or something and swap in the complete drivetrain into the E39 and just romp the heck out of it.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!