Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 British GP @ Silverstone

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Merc has turned it up, game over.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    For what?
    Vettel is a thug, its in his nature. He did try to ram Bottas and mad Max and failed on both . I thought he wouldve grown after Baku.
    Last edited by VĒmp; 07-16-2017 at 05:53 PM.

My Cars
    TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by VĒmp View Post
    Vettel is a thug, its in his nature. He did try to ram Bottas and mad Max and failed on both . I thought he wouldve grown after Baku.
    @ ramming. Wow, such ignorant vitriol.

From your posts it is blatantly obvious that you have little knowledge of formula 1 or even motor racing in general it actually hurts my brain. Please stop making a total fool of yourself and perhaps keep your "opinions" to share with your lewis facebook (hey-I'm-new-to-F1-so-I-don't-get-why-this-conspiracy-theory-isn't-valid) fanbois.

Most of the people here have something to contribute and they don't just spam flame bait.

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    I'll keep sharing my opinions. This is a forum after all.

My Cars
    yay
    Sucked for Kimi. He ran a good race.

The Verstappen vs. Vettel battle was glorious.

Looks like Mercedes now has waaaay more power than Ferrari. Expect to see Lewis pull ahead next race.

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    Lewis keeps outdoing himself on the tool front. Toto needs to take his phone away.

Also, word round the campfire is that Ferrari have extended contracts to both current pilots.

My Cars
    1998 e36
    It is Sebastian's championship to lose. He just made too many mistakes. He quailed 3rd behind Kimi, then he botched the start and allowed himself to be passed by Verstapen then he was stuck behind him, lost lots of time, had to pit early to undercut then that ended up being too early and his tire failed.

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    I'll keep sharing my opinions. This is a forum after all.
    Your posts read like Trump tweets.

-DNC

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by hakentt View Post
    It is Sebastian's championship to lose. He just made too many mistakes. He quailed 3rd behind Kimi, then he botched the start and allowed himself to be passed by Verstapen then he was stuck behind him, lost lots of time, had to pit early to undercut then that ended up being too early and his tire failed.
    To be fair, losing to Kimi in quali once is hardly a huge failing, and he was lucky- or according to the same logic 'drove better than Bottas' to miraculously get ahead of one Merc which is far faster than the Ferraris. Truthfully Bottas screwed up quali too.

The reason Vettel was passed by Verstappen is that he was unluckily blocked by Kimi and had no way of defending his position. Vettel had nowhere to go at the corner exit as he was right on Kimi's gearbox and by the time he realised the situation called for him to have to go side-by-side (at least slightly overlap) with Kimi, Verstappen was already there making him have to just sit behind Kimi and watch Verstappen pull alongside and then past...

The rest is history. In any case Vettel has no chance against Hamilton or Bottas, they will both cruise past him in the championship. Unless Ferrari gets some kind of miraculous development step that increases their speed by at least 0.5s or actually they need more like 0.8s to 1s more pace. And that's unlikely to be possible.

This championship is most likely between the two Merc drivers again, let's see if Hamilton loses again to the one and only guy he's up against.
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Here's another conspiracy theory: We know that Hamilton has threatened to quit before, was last week's 'holiday' really a fight with the Mercedes team with Hammy giving them some kind or ultimatums? Was that the reason Bottas' gearbox 'had to be' changed? Did Hammy also receive some special engine modes for qualy?
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    None yet
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneZium View Post
    Here's another conspiracy theory: We know that Hamilton has threatened to quit before, was last week's 'holiday' really a fight with the Mercedes team with Hammy giving them some kind or ultimatums? Was that the reason Bottas' gearbox 'had to be' changed? Did Hammy also receive some special engine modes for qualy?
    And they conspired with Pirelli to give the Ferraris issues so Merc would still get a 1-2. Hammy got his win in front of the home crowd, Seb loses out on major points bringing the championship down to a single point. All the dots are connecting

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    02 E46 M3 IR + 13 Honda
    Merc's ability to power up their engine mode in Quali is what gives them easy races....fighting from the front and controlling the pace!

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Gearbox issue was discovered after baku on both cars. They decided to stagger replacing them to minimize damage. I'm sure thug Vettel contributed to damaging Hams gearbox.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130776

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Gearbox issue was discovered after baku on both cars. They decided to stagger replacing them to minimize damage. I'm sure thug Vettel contributed to damaging Hams gearbox.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130776
    Despite Merc saying that didn't happen? You seem to be ruled by emotion.

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    MERC, and some other teams have found a way to incorporate some suspension components inside the gearbox housing. A good bump such as cretin Vettels action, may cause some damage.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/f...-12222370.html

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    But they explicitly stated that it was not because of the incident with Vettel.

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Sure, what theyre doing with their suspension system.....theyre playing with the spirit of current FIA laws. Also, no need to reveal exact causes of the failure. This is my reading of the situation, and you have your own.

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    My read (at the time and only having watched it once) of Seb getting passed by Max at the start was that Kimi was actually trying to pinch Max and allow Seb a lane. With just about any other driver on the grid, it probably would have worked but, in this case, Mr. V wasn't having any of it.

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    I like Max, he's taking the fight to Ricciardo, although too many retirements and penalties make this battle hard to gauge. His defense is excellent, especially against the thug, his moving under braking is questionable but he is maturing.

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    I'd love to see Verstappen in a Merc along side Hamster, with all the same engine modes available.

-DNC

My Cars
    None yet
    2 years today :'( Rest in peace Jules

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by e30vossdesigns View Post
    2 years today :'( Rest in peace Jules

I enjoyed seeing all the battles into the final complex especially, and I thought it was interesting how common it was for the inside driver to push the outside driver off the track at Stowe. I'm sure Vettel complained about it, then did it to someone else, and that person probably complained about it, etc... It was fun to watch though. Ricciardo did a pretty good job working his way through the field, agricultural adventure aside. I wonder if Vettel's brakes catching fire on the grid actually affected his start or not. The tire thing added some "drama" I guess, but unfortunately swung things even farther into the Mercedes camp. It was curious how identical Vettel and Raikkonen's failures were.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12