Thread: Adventure of build one more E36 M50b25 Drift in Brazil [emoji1054]

My Cars
    BMW 130i, BMW e36 325i

Adventure of build one more E36 M50b25 Drift in Brazil

Okay, first things first.

My name is Gustavo and i born and live in Brazil, passionate for cars all time. When young i used to racing in go-karts here in Rio de Janeiro, but in the midle of 90's all that stuff is pretty expensive... This is a kind no recurses too, all the information here become in import magazines and book's, We dont have internet at this time... But in now days, all motorsports continues to be a kind of to very rich people, But now i have the information to reduce cost and produced many things here in my country... The very first time we drove a Drift prepared car is in Orlando Fl. My sister move over to Orlando about 5 years now, and i have a chance to drive my very first drift car at Orlando Speed World skid pad, i knew a guy and e have a 370Z and he ask me; You want to try ? , of course !!!! And is my head all time when i come back to Brazil, now we have here a few Drift Days in some Go-kart track... When i decide to buy a old E36 and transform it to a racing only car... Now we have a knowledge to do this kind of Sport. But here in Brazil all kind of things to motorsports, way too expensive to me, but an old E36 is a nice plataform to build a Drift car... And when i decide to buy a car i search mine in other state, São Paulo... When i decide to buy the car i have to travel to pick up this and return to Rio de Janeiro...

Than let's go !!!

Okay, 2ª round , when i see the car, the bodyshell is not too bad, at all, the body it's pretty decent for a 1995 car. End so i pick up, pay the car and drive alone 700km to my place at Rio de Janeiro... and let the adventure began's

Okay, so now i check the engine and, have some minor issues, like a oil leak on back motor retentor and valve cover, and 2 spans of Visco Fan is broken, butt no other issues at all... So i decide to hit the road and drive calm down at home.

But some hours latter the at night i figure out , the high bean pull broken and not working more if you dont push it... how i solve it and drive safety ? Well i stop on gas station and think a way to fix it... solution is a money rubber to get the high beans on again...

Do it and lets go !!!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
    Last edited by MauiM3Mania; 07-10-2017 at 01:34 PM.

My Cars
    BMW 130i, BMW e36 325i
    And now to get back to this history, and adding a date idea all this thing occour in this year 2017, at February, i search this E36 searching it at Internet Classifield here im my country.

Ok, lets get back to the history:

Past to this little issue of high beans, couse the normal lights is suck, i arrive in home, past mid night, the fuel save for this motor is pretty decent for an 6 cylinders and my consumation is close to 9km/litre it's nice if you think about this old motor.

Ohhh i just forgot to mention it before, when i buy the car, i just stay in contact of some friends in São Paulo, and in special Pedro and he a mechanic and fix and run other E36 around there, He have in time a Shop called PS Motorsports and he build and run other turbo coupe e36 but now this one blow the motor.

Parental Advisory Expliciti Content!!

At this time the conection rods and one piston (forged CP) decides to explore the world alone !

(The own of this car is another Friend, named João, and he live in São Paulo too)

This group of friend drive when occour some drift days or some events in go-kart tracks or in some National Racing Track's around São Paulo State.

When i contact Pedro owner of Motor Shop to ask him about (now my own) car, he told me some minor issues, and i asked him if he could weld the diff and in the day earlier, at night (crazy guy) he solded it.

Let's realize i drove about 700km on entire day to bring it to home and the Diff is welded the early night before...

Crazy guy... (Its me)

But in the end all thing's goes okay and im arrive safetly at home.

Last edited by MauiM3Mania; 07-10-2017 at 01:37 PM.

My Cars
    BMW 130i, BMW e36 325i
    Okay some people will ask whats that 8th Gen Civic SI is there... Let me tell a little abou it , this is my first car daily drive... but now is not so "daily" couse this is a k24 forged build motor.

So about that K24 SI this car runs great, all the motor setup is build in Pork's Motorsports located in Niteroi/ Rio de Janeiro.

And the fine tuning of the Hondata is made by PML Tuning, The owner and Tunner is a great friend mine, named Big Paulo (called here Paulão). He is the cool old men i know !!! He as a part time Federal Justice Employer and Part time awesome Hondata tunner, at now he is a renewed tunner here in Brazil.

And becouse this guy my K24 runs on Alchool as fuel, here in Brazil the Alchool is a comum fuel and served all over the country, normaly when you go at gas station they have gasoline, and Alchool as now also Ethanol to, but here in Brazil the things now goes some Hardcore , because the Ethanol here have only %5 of water in the compound and the octanes is about 110

Last edited by MauiM3Mania; 07-10-2017 at 01:38 PM.

My Cars
    BMW 130i, BMW e36 325i
    Let me introduce the Brazil Nice Ethanol !

Brazil ethanol history

Brazil is one of the main producers of ethanol fuel and Brazil ethanol history goes back a long way. Sugarcane has been cultivated in the country since 1532 and was exported to Europe by Portuguese settlers17. In the late 1920s the automobile was introduced to Brazil18 and it became profitable to turn sugarcane into ethanol fuel. World War II had a huge impact on Brazil ethanol history since German submarine attacks made it difficult to transport oil across the oceans. In 1943, it became mandatory for car fuel to contain at least 50% enthanol.19 After the war, cheap and readily transported oil prevailed and ethanol fuel was normally only produced when there was an unusual surplus of sugar. 20

During the first oil crisis of the 1970s, Brazil once again saw the value of domestically produced fuel and the government started promoting home-grown ethanol through the Programa Nacional do Álcool, a nation-wide program launched in 197521. Since 1976, blend gasoline with ethanol fuel has been mandatory in Brazil, with the required percentage varying from 10% to 25%.22 Today, the mandatory percentage is set based on the results of the sugarcane harvest.23

The first modern commercial enthanol-only powered car, the Fiat 147, was launched on the Brazilian market in July 1979.24
    Last edited by MauiM3Mania; 07-10-2017 at 01:40 PM.

My Cars
    BMW 130i, BMW e36 325i
    Let's continue...

After the trip to buy and bring back home the car, now i start the second part of the plan...

Now, i gutted all interior of the car, i delete the rear seats, install my bucket seat with 4 points harness etc.

And do some minor repairs like fixed some loose bolts and washers etc.

In this time add some bars to link the front and back of the car

Install the dip dished steering wheel and hub too

My Cars
    BMW 130i, BMW e36 325i
    I forgot add some news here, because i dont see mutch interest on it, but now my car is close to finish and ran in a event

My Cars
    '94 325i, '93 325is
    I like it, you added a turbo too? Was the turbo stuff from the other e36 with the blown engine?
    '94 325i Sedan, Arctic Gray: UUC LTW FW, EVO 3 and DSSR, +.020 Maxsil pistons, ASC delete, Eibach shocks/springs, 16" contour reps 238k
    '93 325is Coupe, Schwarz, work beater 299k
    '89 325i Vert, Alpine White: 5spd swapped. Sold
    '04 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited AWD, In progress swapping to M50/G250, http://www.wibimmers.com/board/index...nna-25i-build/
    '05 Volvo V70 R, 6mt, mostly stock, kid hauler 200k Sold
    '85 Toyota LandCruiser: Lifted, gas hog. 205k

My Cars
    BMW 130i, BMW e36 325i
    Yeah , i Buy the entire turbo kit from this other car, and I replace the turbo Unit for an HX35 Ar.62 , Now i will wrap the entire car for the Super Drift Brasil, (National League of Drift) and the Final´s is occour here in my Place Town , Rio de Janeiro !

My Cars
    BMW 130i, BMW e36 325i
    Take a look at my new Layer Design, i will wrap entire car and use two layers to set the stickers

My Cars
    BMW 130i, BMW e36 325i
    Past month i buy from Clictuning an Short Shifter for my car, and when calm down here i will post an full review about, The Short Shift Works Great, and have an adjustment bolt to add or decrese the space for gear change. It´s really change 100% the feeling of your gear box and the shifter. The Shifter is now pretty firm and closed space to change gears. It´s more dificult occour an error to change an wrong gear like 3th to 1th. I Really recomend it !!!

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by gpinho22 View Post
    Past month i buy from Clictuning an Short Shifter for my car, and when calm down here i will post an full review about, The Short Shift Works Great, and have an adjustment bolt to add or decrese the space for gear change. It´s really change 100% the feeling of your gear box and the shifter. The Shifter is now pretty firm and closed space to change gears. It´s more dificult occour an error to change an wrong gear like 3th to 1th. I Really recomend it !!!
    Hello my friend! Why are you not getting enough love here? Its a good thread. I have never been to your country, Brazil, I had a friend once from there long time ago and have meet quite a lot of South Americans. good choice on the BMW, but more important is do you get any german wh*res there? watch out we used to get a few of them but not since this year, probably all in oz now due to bad weather, but always good weather in brazil I guess, Good to see some variaty here. Please post more and tell us more about your project plans, I really dont like hood vents but it is your car, and a drift car, so you know, works for you.
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    BMW 130i, BMW e36 325i
    Hey not problem with, i really post this here too if i can help someone nuts like me too incentive or solve some problems, Sorry for long time with new post, but right now i will race next week, past the event i restart to post some news !

d4259ceb1fad192dcb737758530785e3.jpg[/IMG]

My Cars
    BMW 130i, BMW e36 325i
    I get some lucky, becouse in my first national event i will run side a side with Daigo Saito and the event is sponsor now by Monster Energy Drink !!!

www.superdriftbrasil.com.br