Thread: Help! Driver side trunk lights are out and can't fix!

My Cars
    06 330i

Question Help! Driver side trunk lights are out and can't fix!

I've tried all the solutions for this that I could find. I tested the bulbs, checked the wiring where it enters the trunk lid, reset the FRM and switched the bulb housings left/right and everything checked out except for one thing... when I tested the voltage on each wire leading to the bulbs I got an average of 7v, this seems kinda low. Shouldn't it be 12v or close to it? My dash is throwing 4 light bulb warnings (1 is for my angel eyes) except running INPA reveals the FRM is only complaining about the adaptive headlights (both modules are dead). I'm very confused on what is going on and where to look.

Anyone have any ideas?

I just got this car and I'm having a helluva time fixing anything. TPMS warning, adaptive headlights, and 4 light bulb warnings, plus a bunch of other maintenance that needs to be done.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    I would check for faults in frm, BMW extended the warranty on that module, you would have run the vinto see if your car has it

My Cars
    06 330i
    I did check the FRM for faults. The only ones I am getting is for the adaptive headlights, which both SMC modules are fried from water. I'll look into the extended warranty for the FRM but I'm doubtful it will still cover an 06. I think when I first checked the FRM their were about 4, maybe 5 faults and I reset them with Tool32. That didn't fix the issue.

My Cars
    2001 Z3, 1934 chevcoupe
    dash lights/ dash dimmer (in headlight switch) wired through same fuse as rear light.
    My dimmer control crapped, and one rear light was out afterward.
    I jumpered the line on the headlight switch as discribed in the forum, and then replaced the fuse.
    All ok, except I cant dim the dash lights until I get a new headlight switch.
    Yes the two rear lights are on a different fuse, cute eh?