Hi everybody,

All this started when I was looking to add a CD changer. I have a E93 2008 335 with almost all options available but this model has still the "old" cd and DVD (GPS) unit reader in the dash. The only easy way to do the upgrade is to add a CD changer in the trunk. However in a convertible model, this is not so easy and I understood that was only available for 2007 and 2008 models so there is not a lot of used parts available on the market.

One of my friends has a E93 2009 335 model and he has a completely different unit where the DVD reader for the GPS is removed since all is on a hard disk, like all the music you can read from the CD reader and store on the hard disk. In fact, it is the same user interface that we have on our other BMW (2013 335 x-drive sedan).

Is anybody know if I can buy a retrofit kit (or a used unit) on the market to replace the 2008 OEM radio unit to get the same thing that my friend on his 2009?

I forgot to mention I have the Bluetooth option, which was not common in those years. And I don't expect to change this car until another 5 or 6 years.

Michael