Thread: SLR + Swaybar what do?

My Cars
    1985 535i

SLR + Swaybar what do?

I just ordered an SLR ultra kit for my e46. 330. I'm super confused on sway bar options. Can I continue running my stock bar and adjustable end links that mount to the strut? Or do I need to run a different bar that mounts to the control arm? I searched for a while but couldn't find a definitive answer.

Thanks.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    You can not run the stock style end links, you need the kind that attach to the control arm. On my car, there was no way the stock sway bar was fitting the SLR arms even with bimmerworld adjustable end links. I ran without one for a season but ended up getting a whiteline and modifying it to work.

My Cars
    1985 535i
    Quote Originally Posted by Novablue454 View Post
    You can not run the stock style end links, you need the kind that attach to the control arm. On my car, there was no way the stock sway bar was fitting the SLR arms even with bimmerworld adjustable end links. I ran without one for a season but ended up getting a whiteline and modifying it to work.
    Ok awesome thanks! Is there a way to make the stock bar work with different links? Or is it possible to run a different stock bar from another chassis? Say E36 non-m?

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    I tried an E36 bar and the ends were too short to reach back to the control arms if that makes sense. My E46 bar was long enough, but had a weird twist at the ends that wouldn't let the end links go straight down to the control arm. The whiteline bar is the length of the e46 bar but without the twists. I still had to drill a new hole in each side to line up with the slr tabs though.

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    I tried an E36 bar and the ends were too short to reach back to the control arms if that makes sense. My E46 bar was long enough, but had a weird twist at the ends that wouldn't let the end links go straight down to the control arm. The whiteline bar is the length of the e46 bar but without the twists. I still had to drill a new hole in each side to line up with the slr tabs though.
    really? weird Sean at SLR recommends using their sway bar links with a non-M E36 bar for the E46 chassis cars

here is some spy shots of chelsea's E46.
    chelsea1.JPGchelsea2.JPG
    Last edited by Press22; 07-06-2017 at 12:46 PM.
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    That's a Whiteline bar on Chelsea's car.

- - - Updated - - -

weird, those arms also have a slightly different sway bar mount than the ones on the ultra arms.

My Cars
    1985 535i
    That's a Whiteline bar on Chelsea's car.

- - - Updated - - -

weird, those arms also have a slightly different sway bar mount than the ones on the ultra arms.
    Yeah those mounts are raised up? It looks like. I sourced an e36 non-m bar for cheap so I'm going to give that a shot first. If not i'll order the whiteline.