Thread: Fuel Pump Lock Ring

My Cars
    98 323is 93 Impreza

Fuel Pump Lock Ring

So i picked up an 2001 325Xi and found out it leaks fuel when full. Tracked it down to the fuel pump not locking in right. I have read and looked at parts diagrams but i can't find what i need. The metal lock ring is in good shape, but there is a white threaded ring that attaches to the tank and then the metal ring screws into that.

My white ring is broken yet I can't find a replacement part anywhere. is it something that comes with the tank, aka not addable for purchase separate? Car still runs and drives great but can't fit tit up past 3/4 tank. Wood like to get it fixed, just trying to figure out my options.

Thanks for any help

My Cars
    EXOTICS

My Cars
    98 323is 93 Impreza
    It's not in the parts diagram. But after some more googling i found it It's part # 16141182903 Called a support ring.

Turns out BMW doesn't sell it sepertaly for the cars but it also fits on their motorcycles and they list it there.
    Last edited by whigit; 07-01-2017 at 04:53 PM.

My Cars
    '07 Subaru 2.5i
    It's been a minute, but did this actually end up fixing your problem? I just did the fuel pump on my 325i for the second time and the threads for the lock ring are kind of iffy, had to be ever so careful to only get it just so tight or it would strip and go fully loose again. Would like to do a proper fix on it.

ECS shows the part as NLA, but FCP euro has it, but show it as not fitting my car.

My Cars
    '73 E9, '94 E34, '02 E46
    When I did a fuel pump replacement for an E39, and another for an E36, the threaded fuel pump ring was really "sticky" to get screwed on correctly. I think it may stretch a bit when installed, and shrink when removed. Sunlight exposure might aggravate that. IIRC I greased it a bit and took my time about threading it back on, making sure everything was carefully lined up.

The link in post 2 didn't work for me, but the P/N does come up on realoem.com for a variety of Beemers including my K1300GT. Parts bin engineering at its best/worst. Whether the bike part will work is a question, but before you order it, I'd more carefully investigate why it isn't present on the correct ETK diagram for your car, because sometimes BMW catalogs their parts in places you wouldn't expect.
    Charlie

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to add value to these threads, either by pictures or by descriptions, so the next person with the same or similar problem stands on your shoulders.