Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My M3 Build Thread

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Damn dude, sorry to hear about all the ups and downs with the shops, but on a bright side the build is coming along really nicely. Cant wait to see whats next once she is back on the road.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by yurisuika View Post
    Damn Jeeps! On the bright side, that is not too bad for a highway accident, especially at those speeds.

Funny enough, I had my windshield smashed on the day you posted about yours and lost a Renown decal as well (though I recently found my second one, not sure if I want to put it on again though). What Renown do you have? I have a 130R Motorsport Competition, one of the best modest upgrades I've done.
    I actually don't have a Renown wheel, just have the shift and brake boots I've yet to put on for some reason lol. I'd love to get a wheel from them but I'm a little sketched of getting rid of the airbag, I'd love to keep it with a renown wheel but obviously that's not an option, leaning more towards the tri spoke M wheel.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterWorks1 View Post
    Damn dude, sorry to hear about all the ups and downs with the shops, but on a bright side the build is coming along really nicely. Cant wait to see whats next once she is back on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    That guy in the pink shirt is the one who did that?

I have to say man, being from Arizona and reading that from an AZ point of view I was expecting someone to take out a gun at some point. That crap would never fly here...

Luckily you are ok as you say but it really seems you have bad luck with this car.
    Lots of ups and downs but they're just bumps in my way. I can't wait for the car to be back and I can start working on it again. Hopefully around Christmas time I can actually start doing some engine mods and stuff, just got enough to pay off the repair bill, now need to save up a little for a daily driver before winter comes!

My Cars
    1997 M3 / 5.3
    Engine mods? May give some thought to slowing things down a bit and improving skills. Look up a driving school or autocross school-best money spent! Never can have too much training...

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Mc View Post
    Engine mods? May give some thought to slowing things down a bit and improving skills. Look up a driving school or autocross school-best money spent! Never can have too much training...
    Driving skills? I may be young but that gives you no say in how I drive. Getting cut off twice and brake checked on a highway to a DEAD stop... Don't see how that would at all show I'm a bad driver, especially when the guy laughed about it and had an attitude like he just wanted to ruin someones day. My first accident when I didn't even have a license yet really scared the crap out of me, I've been nothing but careful and caring to the car since.

My Cars
    1999 M3 5spd
    Defensive much...

I'm about 95% sure he was not referencing your accident when he made that comment, but rather referring to the cost of parts compared to the cost of driving events. for example, I just spent about $300 total putting headers on my car. I probably would not have done that if not for a bad repair that I inherited from the previous owner that I was fixing. For the same price as the headers, I could have paid for a year worth of autocross with the local BMWCCA group near me. The reality is that I don't enjoy the car more now that it has a little more power than I did before, because they are a ton of fun to begin with. I would have gotten more enjoyment for my money by using it for autocross or a track event. I am still going to get to autocross, but I was using that as an example of money spent on mods vs fun driving events.

Since you mentioned the accident again... I am sure that you have realized that you chose to be in that accident. Responding to someone's bad driving or road rage is basically asking for something bad to happen. Had you said f^#K that guy, hes a dick and just let him go on his "cutting people off" way, you would not be paying to fix your car right now. Instead you tried to get even with him and he won in the end. The best thing to do when someone is driving offensively, is to put distance between you and them, either by slowing down and letting them go, or by speeding up to stay farther ahead of them. That type of person is usually trying to drive fast, so slowing down is usually the easier option.

Also remember, if a guy is a dick, you cannot prove to him that he is a dick, so you might as well let him continue being a dick and not take it personally, especially when driving.
    95 cosmoschwartz M3/2/5 : 2012-1/1/2014 (worn rtab's and bald rear tires in the rain)

98 cosmoschwartz M3/4/5 : 2016-3/10/2017 (understeering SUV)

99 Estoril M3/2/5: 6/16/2017-current

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmith25 View Post
    Defensive much...
    Since you mentioned the accident again... I am sure that you have realized that you chose to be in that accident. Responding to someone's bad driving or road rage is basically asking for something bad to happen. Had you said f^#K that guy, hes a dick and just let him go on his "cutting people off" way, you would not be paying to fix your car right now. Instead you tried to get even with him and he won in the end. The best thing to do when someone is driving offensively, is to put distance between you and them, either by slowing down and letting them go, or by speeding up to stay farther ahead of them. That type of person is usually trying to drive fast, so slowing down is usually the easier option.

Also remember, if a guy is a dick, you cannot prove to him that he is a dick, so you might as well let him continue being a dick and not take it personally, especially when driving.
    I agree, I did realize that after the accident and from now on that's how I'll be when I'm put in a situation like that, it's just something to learn from.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    Little update.
    Car should be back in the next week or two. Going to try to make it out to Panda Junction on October 22nd, I have a few things laying around ready to be put in the car once its back and I can't wait to install them!
    order02.PNGorder01.PNG

Aside from a few small things I'm gonna stay away from buying a bunch of stuff for the car as bad as I want to. I need a daily driver before the first snow fall, hopefully I can find a pathfinder or 4runner in good condition and for a good price. But once that's purchased, the M3 will be getting tons of parts and maintenance! Need to hold my tempted self back a couple more months!

Also to everyone who is constantly reading and giving me feedback and staying updated with me I really appreciate the time you take to read my thread here, like I said before it was really just for me to see my progress over the next few years, it's awesome others are interested as well!

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    Yet another update. A slow moving stressful month or so, of being lied to about the car at the shop. The worker who's been working on the car hasn't been working on it, he's been doing small things and then moving onto fixing another car then back to mine. I've been told almost every day for the last 2 weeks that the car is finished and ready for pick up the next day, when that day comes it magically isn't finished anymore. The car did get painted. It literally just needs to be put back together, I have no clue what this guy thinks he's doing, but my friends dad who owns the shop and runs it hasn't really been there but when he's there he's been making sure it's getting fixed, he told me next week he's gonna sit there and make sure it's finished on monday & I'll have my car back. Also trying to make it Panda Junction on the 22nd for anyone who's going and I'm also going to look at an e46 325xi early next week...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12