Thread: Successfully retrofitted Enhanced Bluetooth/USB Activation to my 2014 328i

My Cars
    2014 BMW 328i Sport Line

Thumbs up Successfully retrofitted Enhanced Bluetooth/USB Activation to my 2014 328i

I wanted to heap a little praise on BimmerTech for successfully retrofitting my car with Enhanced Bluetooth/USB Activation.

Before the new coding, the only way I could listen to music from my iPhone was to use the AUX cable or the Y-adapter, neither of which were terribly convenient and the Y-cable adapter in particular sent a distorted signal to the speakers.

Here's the part where I say that that Bluetooth audio (and a backup camera) ought to be standard on a $45,000 sport sedan yada yada yada -- but I digress...

I looked up BimmerTech and they offered exactly what I was looking for for $200. It would be more than $1200 to get this retrofitted at a dealership. They sent me the cable, and I scheduled the coding session. I had to download a couple of programs to my laptop to ensure the tech could access my car and complete the coding process.

The session itself lasted less than 30 minutes. My car now plays music via Bluetooth, and via Apple white cable to the USB port with complete functionality (playlists, album covers, Pandora, etc.). I saved a bunch of money by a) not going to the dealership and b) not buying as whole new stereo suite.

If you don't have the enhanced Bluetooth/USB option on your car and want it, I can't recommend BimmerTech enough.

I'm not some shill for BimmerTech, either; they just did a good job.

If anyone has questions about this, I'll be happy to answer them.

My Cars
    2012 BMW 335i
    Did they do any coding in front of you? Or did they just load and run files?

My Cars
    2014 BMW 328i Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by BooTate98 View Post
    I wanted to heap a little praise on BimmerTech for successfully retrofitting my car with Enhanced Bluetooth/USB Activation.
    So happy to have found this, it's the only thing I dislike about my car.

Can you share a picture of what your screen looks like when playing music bluetooth, and via usb/apple wire. Do it show the artist/song played?