Thread: Starting an E46 Build and Youtube Channel

My Cars
    BMW E46 323i

Lightbulb Starting an E46 Build and Youtube Channel

Hey guys I just bought my first BMW. It is an E46 323i and it has been modded significantly but mostly just cosmetics. I am about to have headers put in and I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on getting horsepower out of an m54 engine. I also just started a youtube channel surrounding my build so please check it out!! Here's the link for my most recent video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iljQPbAnjis

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride! What are your plans for the car and what kind of numbers are you looking for?
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    02 BMW X5 5 spd manual
    I wouldn't really touch the m54, but that's just me. If you really want some reliable power, put a supercharger on it. But I wouldn't expect significant gains from any bolt ons other than cams.. Good luck! Check out my channel as well if you like. I'll comment on your video so you can find it.
    Instagram: Jaws.garage
    2007 Saleen S331 Supercharged #133 Oxford white
    2002 Mercedes E55 AMG Tectite Grey/Black, Kleemann upgrades, Supersprint muffler
    2007 Buell XB12scg Cherry Bomb

My Cars
    BMW E46 323i
    Thanks for the reply! I was thinking of lightweight flywheel, ECU, short shifter, maybe eventually supercharger or turbo. With my car only pushing around only 200 hp, I want to eventually reach 350 hp. I know it's a big milestone but it's always good to make a goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for letting me know man. I'll toss you a subscribe! I was thinking about cams and I wanted to do supercharger or turbo in the future just not sure which one

My Cars
    02 BMW X5 5 spd manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Soh View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I was thinking of lightweight flywheel, ECU, short shifter, maybe eventually supercharger or turbo. With my car only pushing around only 200 hp, I want to eventually reach 350 hp. I know it's a big milestone but it's always good to make a goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for letting me know man. I'll toss you a subscribe! I was thinking about cams and I wanted to do supercharger or turbo in the future just not sure which one
    If you're going for 350 you can probably get there with a supercharger build, but boost is addictive. You could try to piece together a custom turbo setup, but neither will be cheap. Cams are going to be the next best thing. Check out gripforce for a cheap lightweight flywheel that works. Tuning can be had from Rk tunes after you have some work done.
    Instagram: Jaws.garage
    2007 Saleen S331 Supercharged #133 Oxford white
    2002 Mercedes E55 AMG Tectite Grey/Black, Kleemann upgrades, Supersprint muffler
    2007 Buell XB12scg Cherry Bomb