Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LOOONG time no post...My laundry list of to do

My Cars
    528iT
    Buy the 911. Forget the Masarati, they have the worst cost-per-mile driven out of any car out there. Poor Man's Ferrari I call it ��

For 4 kids and no sleep you definitely get things done. I work 12-16s sometimes 6 or 7 days a week. The paycheck is nice but I'm a freakin zombie...crouched in manholes or underground transformer vaults keeping NYCs electric grid going does a number on the body :-/

Doesn't the Toyota have the V8 in it? I thought those timing belts were good for like 200k miles?

I did one on a Lexus GS400, at 162k the belt looked brand new. Thing was so beefy and had zero cracks in it hahaha

I can't complain about not having time to work on my wagon, but rear wheel bearings are one SOB that will most likely end up with taking the hub and axle off the car and sticking it in a press, as the axle refuses to budge even with Thor's hammer applied generously to the end of it hahaha

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    For the front bearings, I think you need to loosen the front strut and slide it up to get it out of the way.
    For the vacuum hose / pipe to the secondary air pump, you can buy a replacement, or just slice the old plastic pipe off the plastic connector fittings (parallel to the pipe) and install a 3/4" heater hose.

Looking for an E39 belly pan , passenger front inner fender liner …

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by itsbrokeagain View Post
    Buy the 911. Forget the Masarati, they have the worst cost-per-mile driven out of any car out there. Poor Man's Ferrari I call it 😂

For 4 kids and no sleep you definitely get things done. I work 12-16s sometimes 6 or 7 days a week. The paycheck is nice but I'm a freakin zombie...crouched in manholes or underground transformer vaults keeping NYCs electric grid going does a number on the body :-/

Doesn't the Toyota have the V8 in it? I thought those timing belts were good for like 200k miles?

I did one on a Lexus GS400, at 162k the belt looked brand new. Thing was so beefy and had zero cracks in it hahaha

I can't complain about not having time to work on my wagon, but rear wheel bearings are one SOB that will most likely end up with taking the hub and axle off the car and sticking it in a press, as the axle refuses to budge even with Thor's hammer applied generously to the end of it hahaha
    I think that I will definitely forget the Maserati, I don't know why but that has consistently come up that it is such a poor car for the price. Sucks. 4 kids definitely keeps me awake but the best part is that in residency, they will be going to school and be on a regular schedule, so there will be some stability in my schedule in terms of being able to sleep if they are at school or if they are at home, unless its 2nd shift im home for.

As long as you enjoy what you do and can pay the bills that is all that matters, and of course be sure to take care of yourself. You only get a body ONCE.

Dude, as far as the sequoia goes, it is solid but 8 months ago, the car died on the freeway and NO ONE could figure out what it was, it turned out that someone replaced the ECU with a 2004 model instead of a 2003 and they changed things in 2004 so it just wouldnt start. It ended up being a 2k cost with all the towing and replacement but yea, the timing belt looked SOLID. It is a good car, I just need to grease the differentials but there are no Zerk fitted grease guns in my rural town. I have 4 bottles of mobil 1 grease just sitting in a bag for 4 months. I will get around to it at some point.

I hope I never have to do the rear wheel bearings. I finally got ONE done! now I have to do the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason5driver View Post
    For the front bearings, I think you need to loosen the front strut and slide it up to get it out of the way.
    For the vacuum hose / pipe to the secondary air pump, you can buy a replacement, or just slice the old plastic pipe off the plastic connector fittings (parallel to the pipe) and install a 3/4" heater hose.
    Did it Jason, replaced the entire line. In fact replaced most vacuum lines because I never realized how badly frayed they were, in fact, most of them were broken. So I understand why It was not running so hot.

Here are some pics btw!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i Sport
    More photos

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i Sport
    And more photos

Nasty DISA valve, Cant seem to get the last part of the pixel ribbon right, and electric fan!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12