Thread: m3 sell as a drivers ed car or take to near stock

My Cars
    2011 e93 msport /1999 M3

m3 sell as a drivers ed car or take to near stock

I am considering selling my extremely clean 99 that has been set us as an ideal drivers ed car including sparco's and rollbar- brembo;s and the list goes on.

car has been maintained with an open checkbook by an older owner of 15 previous BMW .

Question is ,might I be better off taking the easy to remove track equipment out and selling it near stock, or leaving the equipment on it and selling as is?

thanks

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    What's the mileage and interior/exterior cosmetics? If the paint is clean and undamaged and the interior is in good shape, you might be better off reverting it to stock and selling all the mods separately. Clean stock cars, especially with low mileage, sell for a premium. If you don't have all the stock parts/interior, or the car isn't in great shape cosmetically, probably keep everything on and sell as a track car.

Basically, it depends on the math between what you think you can get for it as-is as a track car vs. what you can get for it as a clean street car reverted to stock, plus selling your mods separately. You'll need to look for comparable sales based on your specific car.
    1999 M3/2/5 - Titanium Silver - Track/Weekend Toy

My Cars
    2011 e93 msport /1999 M3
    Silver coupe blacki interior has 108K interior is complete and exceptional have the same suspension and rear diff ( 2 new clutches) Car was in an accident- no structure just cosmetic - but used that excuse to restore the car= $10K worth including all exterior window rubber and door seals - trunk seals - even rubber around door handles- I do get a little carried away with the car.
    Car also has all new rear bushings-front suspension - welded in rear reinforcements - plus- all new wheel bears- e46 rack and reservoir and hoses plus the joint in the rack - turner stage 4 kit-with an epic tune - that is some on the big stuff -

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Nice mods. Sounds like you could restore the full stock interior and make sure it has a civilized suspension for the street, and leave the rest of the street performance mods on the car (TMS stage 4, brakes, etc...). Stage 4 still has cats right? If I recall, that's the intake, MAF, injectors, cams, and headers (and maybe M50 manifold), along with software.

From the description, you could probably get at least $15-18K for it (possibly more), as long as it doesn't have a salvage title or anything like that. Then you can sell the roll cage and racing seats and whatever else you took off separately.

For reference, my car doesn't have a BBK or as many engine mods as yours, and has 35K more miles, and I have a $15K policy on it.
    Last edited by TostitoBandito; 06-26-2017 at 07:22 PM.
    1999 M3/2/5 - Titanium Silver - Track/Weekend Toy

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    If you are paying someone to do all your work, you will pay to return to stock and all that labor will reduce any benefit. Plus you then have to sell all the parts. If you are not up for that, find a good home for it and let it go. Post it as is and see if you get any offers you can live with. I have a 99M3 I have been modding since 2005 and have no interest in taking it apart when I move on in a year or two. I am at the point in my life where I have better things to do with my time. It will go cheap to a good home. You probably know someone who would want it and continue to care for it if he or she got it at a price he or she could afford.