Thread: Flaking paint

My Cars
    F30

Flaking paint

Hi,

A while ago Ive started seeing little bubbles in the paint in the space just beneath the headlamps but didnt think much of it. However, one side has recently gotten a lot worse and the paint is now visibly cracking!

I was wondering if any of you have seen this before and/or know of any fixes that dont require repainting the whole body part.

Pictures in the link below,
    http://imgur.com/a/205k1

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    I haven't heard of this happening to such new cars like the F30, was there any damage done to that area? You should be able to purchase some factory touch-up paint; but that'll require you to sand and prep the area beforehand. I would not recommend just spraying it over without the prep first.
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    F30
    Some woman bumped into me in the parking lot very slightly as she claimed "She didnt see me in the reverse camera". How you can miss an almost 5m long car is beyond me, but okay. Nonetheless, both sides have visible paint flaking so I doubt that the bump caused this.

I'll check out the touch-up paint you've talked about. I was expecting a similar answer but wanted to post in case others have similar issues in the future.

My Cars
    2013 BMW 328xi

repainted

Quote Originally Posted by Maynn View Post
    Hi,

A while ago Ive started seeing little bubbles in the paint in the space just beneath the headlamps but didnt think much of it. However, one side has recently gotten a lot worse and the paint is now visibly cracking!

I was wondering if any of you have seen this before and/or know of any fixes that dont require repainting the whole body part.

Pictures in the link below,
    http://imgur.com/a/205k1

Any help will be greatly appreciated
    That looks like it has been repainted. Carfax is not 100% did you get it preowned? the good thing is you can get the fixed for $600 or so by a good paint shop.