Thread: 90 E30 325i road to turbo but also want to full build my head. THOUGHTS NEEDED!

My Cars
    1990 BMW E30 325i NA

90 E30 325i road to turbo but also want to full build my head. THOUGHTS NEEDED!

Hey guys, Got my 1990 E30 325i and looking to make it kind scary fast?

let me start with a little over view of my car, the car has about 245xxx km on it and runs real strong! pulls great and sounds amazing for a na E30. It's got a good amount of work done to it and i'll list down below what i've done to it.

Now let me tell you what i want to do. Since I've covered every other place where the E30 needs work. i'm shining the light on Forced induction. Going to be going with Kamotors v2 t4 6262 turbo kit with megasqurt ECU and meth injection.
    Now i probably won't get to this for another year at least. I want to do some other with work with some money i have NOW.

Looking at my motor it's stock, OEM head and everything, i got 3 grand (Canadian) and am thinking of pulling my head, getting it machined. And fully building it, cam,rockers,springs,seats, valves and guides. I have a few questions before we even start talking what i should put in my head...

1. if i build the head with a more aggresive cam, will i still be able to safely boost the car with Kam's 6262 Turbo? I don't want to dump all this money into the head work and then come to find out that the turbo kit only works well with OEM stuff. I know the turbo kit will boost the car to 401whp with fully STOCK internals at 17psi.

2. What do you guys recommend based on my mod list and it being close to a daily driver? I can already see this head working being very expensive. I'm willing to put all the money into it as next year will be fully focused on turboing

Ideally i'd want the best valves, seats guides all put in, if i'm going to do it i may as well do it right? another thing i was thinking and i probably won't do this but it's worth throwing out on the table
    If i have the head off would it be worth it to drop the oil pan and push the pistons out from below and re ring them? or at that point do you just fully rebuild it?

let me know what you guys think as i really need the input. please don't come to me saying there's no point in doing it :/

if anybody has any experience with kams turbo kit please let me know how it is!

Thanks a bunch guys.

Mod list

Front/rear Konie Coilovers
    eibach front strut brace
    MSD ignition
    Stage 3 clutch
    Fuel Pressure regulator
    AC delete
    Z3 2.7 steering rack
    cat delete
    resonator delete
    Full headers
    Scorpion stainless exhaust
    cone intake off of afm
    stock internals
    Bucket seats
    rear seat delete
    truck is gutted
    short throw shiftier linkage
    Bavarian auto sports Chip tune, raised rev limiter, said 15
    rear strut brace

run it on 100ll mixed with 91 shell

My Cars
    1990 BMW E30 325i NA
    nobody know?

323i E30 is offline ⅂!ʈө !ƨ l!ʞө ɐ ʇөlөbµouө
    My Cars
    M52 E30 touring & E91
    Quote Originally Posted by E30killer13 View Post
    nobody know?
    You're probably better off posting this in the FI section of this site.
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/f...rced-Induction
    ^ true story

D̶i̶b̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶2̶1̶