Thread: Bimmerworld Oil Diverter Valve Problem

My Cars
    Integra GSR

Bimmerworld Oil Diverter Valve Problem

Does anyone have experience with Bimmerworld Oil Diverter valve? So I got the valve today and saw there are attached shaving from bad machining. I was told to try to fix it, and since I don't have precision tools to fix this, can someone give me some ideas? I am going to use a drill bit the size of the little dip that is in there, but I am pretty sure my vise will damage this since this is soft aluminum. A little sad I paid $60 for this kind of quality.. But anyways, what is a good way to clean that up. I don't want those shavings falling into my S54 motor when it gets softer with oil temp. Thanks. -Wen

image1.jpg
    Last edited by wenlyone; 06-22-2017 at 04:34 PM. Reason: typo

My Cars
    99 M3
    You should be able to knock that 'bur' off with a drill bit slightly larger than that drill start. Optionally, use some medium grit sand paper to clean it up.

My Cars
    Integra GSR
    Thanks. Tried with sandpaper and used a punch to rub it. The burrs that are left are a little too bent for the sandpaper to take off. I was going to use a drill bit but afraid of the piece catching the bit and get messed up since I won't be able to hold it once it catches. Someone mentioned a dremal. I'll ask around to borrow one.

Thanks

Wen

- - - Updated - - -

Someone on m3 forum mentioned that part doesn't touch oil. Is this true? Anyone have pictures of this installed?

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    Even if it does touch oil, those aren’t going anywhere IMO. But I feel ya, peace of mind and all. Go with a drill bit
    1995 M3...Screwed

My Cars
    2012 GTI
    I would suggest a round file, not unlike a chainsaw file though they do make larger ones. The flat end shouldn't cause any damage to the dip area, and can clear up the rough edges.
    97 M3 - SCCA TT Prepped
    17 F150 - Tow Pig
    05 S2000 - Sold
    88 325is - S52 powered - Sold
    95 M3 LTW Rep - Death by Altima

My Cars
    Integra GSR
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matthugie View Post
    I would suggest a round file, not unlike a chainsaw file though they do make larger ones. The flat end shouldn't cause any damage to the dip area, and can clear up the rough edges.

My Cars
    E82 128i, E36 M3
    Did you contact Bimmerworld and ask about exchanging it for one that doesn't have those rough edges?

My Cars
    Integra GSR
    Yea. Called bimmerworld and John Webb said just try to fix it since their current stock is all the same. Should have gotten this from eBay for $20 instead paying $60. Got suckered with the cooling discount deal there thinking paying top dollars means good quality product. That whole paying more for good quality saying is definitely not true.

My Cars
    E82 128i, E36 M3
    It was worth a shot. I don't think those pieces would be an issue but it's an easy fix. Drill bit, round file, something long and round (like a 6" 3/8" socket extension) with some medium sandpaper taped to the end, etc would clean that up easily.

My Cars
    Integra GSR
    Thanks. I'll try not to mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by hoki06 View Post
    It was worth a shot. I don't think those pieces would be an issue but it's an easy fix. Drill bit, round file, something long and round (like a 6" 3/8" socket extension) with some medium sandpaper taped to the end, etc would clean that up easily.

My Cars
    2001 MCoupe
    Totally worth cleaning it up and getting it installed. Without it I had to run the heater full blast to keep oil temps in control on any track day >80*. Now temps stay rock solid, even on 95* track days.
    2001 Steel Gray MCoupe - 147,000 miles and owned since new. MCS 2WNR suspension, Hotchkiss swaybar, poly bushings all around, cat delete headers with custom tune, 3.73 LSD, and Clownshoe Motorsports rear subframe reinforcement.

2014 Porsche Cayman S / 2022 BMW X3M Competition / 2020 Ram Rebel

My Cars
    Integra GSR
    Thanks! I hope I don't mess it up. Delicate metal work isn't my thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobkid View Post
    Totally worth cleaning it up and getting it installed. Without it I had to run the heater full blast to keep oil temps in control on any track day >80*. Now temps stay rock solid, even on 95* track days.

My Cars
    06 GTO, e36 race car
    Try using the drill in the reverse direction so it doesn't bite into the material. The correct-sized drill should knock those bits off.

My Cars
    99 M3
    Or with a larger bit by hand…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2001 BMW M3
    Gents:

My oil diverter valve arrived from Bimmerworld yesterday and it's perfect.

Feff
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    Integra GSR
    I was told all of them are the same... I am a bit upset... I tried drill bit and files, the big piece won't come off clean..
    I finally got it fixed with dremel... And that is $25 later... This is just doesn't feel good.

My Cars
    '95m3(Avus)/996tt/4.8is
    Quote Originally Posted by wenlyone View Post
    I was told all of them are the same... I am a bit upset... I tried drill bit and files, the big piece won't come off clean..
    I finally got it fixed with dremel... And that is $25 later... This is just doesn't feel good.
    This is the best thing you could do about it, let the community know and we get to see if they step up to the plate...

There is a lot of purchasing power on this board, I can promise you.

My Cars
    Integra GSR
    It's alright. I fixed it. I reached out and they said cause this was purchased with the cooling discount this month, there is nothing they can do about it. So I guess if we buy during sale time, it's ok to get sub standard parts. Pretty sure the guy who just got his perfect valve used the coupon too.

I bought all my parts from them through out this past 3 years, regardless how their price is more than tms or ecs. But I guess that doesn't matter. Oh well. Not a big deal. Just wasted a few dollars and time.