Thread: Bye Bye Monisha..... maybe turn around for Sauber?

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport

Bye Bye Monisha..... maybe turn around for Sauber?

since she took over, Sauber has gone down and down..... so maybe another HondaF1 team as in Honda take over?

http://www.planetf1.com/news/monisha...sauber-report/
    e30 325i, the mighty 4 door granma mobile....Gone
    e39 528i, 4 door sports tank

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Good - she's been terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    yay
    Bye.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Sayonara.

My Cars
    02 E46 M3 IR + 13 Honda
    People who dont know how F1 is run - are the ones with the Negative comments on her departure, she has been doing a decent job with whatever the team has been through so far - sucks that the new owners who dont know anything about running a F1 team, and taking knee jerk reactions.

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
    People who dont know how F1 is run - are the ones with the Negative comments on her departure, she has been doing a decent job with whatever the team has been through so far - sucks that the new owners who dont know anything about running a F1 team, and taking knee jerk reactions.
    she didn't know that much either, she is a lawyer that gave contracts to three drivers for only 2 seats.... remember sha was in charge once, the team did bad, Peter Sauber returned it improved, she took over definitely and went down like the titanic...
    Plus the new owners, Longbow are favoring Marcus Erickson

My Cars
    02 E46 M3 IR + 13 Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkers320is View Post
    she didn't know that much either, she is a lawyer that gave contracts to three drivers for only 2 seats.... remember sha was in charge once, the team did bad, Peter Sauber returned it improved, she took over definitely and went down like the titanic...
    Plus the new owners, Longbow are favoring Marcus Erickson

Lol @ she is a lawyer - do you know how long she has been around and under Peter Sauber? Do you think Peter Sauber just handled over his team and shares to someone who he thought did not know how to run a F1 team?

Here is some good read for you:
    https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017...h-what-a-mess/

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017...own-in-hinwil/

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017...to-fix-sauber/

Lastly, even Erickson and Wehrlein - both have deinied this - and this isnt even proven - its only your opinion and not a fact!

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    it is not my opinion:
    http://www.planetf1.com/news/sauber-...f-favouritism/

and I still think than since she took over the team, the team went backwards: lost sponsorship, uncompetitive, and if it wasn't for bail out would already be gone from the F1 grid

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Lol Wehrlein radioed in to ask permission to overtake Ericsson last race!
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    02 E46 M3 IR + 13 Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkers320is View Post
    it is not my opinion:
    http://www.planetf1.com/news/sauber-...f-favouritism/

and I still think than since she took over the team, the team went backwards: lost sponsorship, uncompetitive, and if it wasn't for bail out would already be gone from the F1 grid
    One really needs to understand the position Monisha was in - rather then talking like a Lew Lew fan - understand what F1 is about:

The serious notes in the green notebook from Azerbaijan begin with a lot of scribbles about Sauber. The words ‘god-awful mess’ are prominent. To be fair to the chairman of the Swiss team, he is not the first person to have come bumbling into F1 thinking he knew all the answers. There are many stories of people who don’t know what they are doing, being advised by the wrong people, and thinking that F1 is easy.“The skill of being a team principal,” one of the other team principals told me in Baku, “is not what you do right. It is doing everything right. The problems come when you do something wrong”. To a large extent these days, it’s a bit like being the manager of a soccer team. And that’s not good because success in Formula 1 does not happen overnight. It takes time, effort, care, intelligence, management skills and, above all else, passion. To lead a team you need to be a leader. Being a leader requires turning up at more than one in every five Grands Prix. I remember once discussing the question of leadership with another team principal (now long departed) and said that a true leader runs up to the cliff edge and says to his (or her) troops: ‘This way chaps’ and they follow. A poor team principal rushes up, says the same thing and the troops are very polite and say: ‘After you’.
    The key point about Sauber is that there is no other team like it and if you don’t understand that, you will fail. It is unique because it’s a family. They have a core of people who stick together no matter what. Peter Sauber, the team founder, came out of retirement and risked his own fortune to look after his people after BMW ditched the team in 2009. Peter did not want to come back but he did it save the team and then he handed it on to the person he chose to be his successor – Monisha Kaltenborn. And to make sure that she was effective he gave her a third of the shares in the team. No-one would ever suggest that Peter was being poltically-correct. He chose Monisha because she was the right person to do the job. It was really interesting in Baku to see just how many top people in the sport were shocked by what had happened at Hinwil. Monisha has proved to be smart and took the team from a very weak place in 2010 to seventh in the Constructors’ in 2011 and sixth with four podiums in 2012. However, money is the key in F1 and if there isn’t enough of it the teams weaken. Getting international people to move to Hinwil is really hard. In the end the best option for the team was to be sold to investors who would leave the management in place. With a bit of money Kaltenborn began by investing in international talent and negotiated a Honda engine deal with money attached. This basically meant that the team would be safe until the next round of contractual negotiations with the Formula One group in 2020.
    It was smart work. A second Honda might not sound great, but it is really not that different from a third-string Ferrari and if there was money coming with the deal and no engine costs, it was a no-brainer. The team was safe and there was potential to move forward. The key element was to get a good technical director and in this respect Kaltenborn made an unusual choice, picking up Jorg Zander, who had been out of the F1 game since disappearing from Brawn GP in 2009. Prior to that he had a curious mish-mash of an F1 career, starting out with Toyota before being hired by BAR in 2003. Two years later he moved to Williams for a few months, then went to Sauber for 15 months before going back Brackley to the team by then called Honda. He stayed for just under two years and departed as Brawn GP (as the team had become) was winning the World Championship. There were rumours at the time he was at Williams that the entire technical staff rebelled and went to Patrick Head to ask for his removal, but that sort of story will never be confirmed by those involved. Whatever the details, the move to Sauber was an odd decision for the team – and it was not really a great surprise when there were whispers that Kaltenborn was looking for someone else. It is not an easy job to fill, because few F1 people want to move to Switzerland and uproot their families. You cannot do any major F1 job if you are flying in and out. Good team principals and technical directors are always in the factory, always on top of the game.
    In the end it is fairly clear that Kaltenborn walked because she felt it was impossible to work with the new chairman, an Italian called Pascal Picci. The bone of contention appears to have been the question of technical management. The team issued a statement that said that Kaltenborn and the new chairman had “different views how to operate the company”, which was a very bizarre explanation. Why would a newcomer think that his view on the future might be better than that of a tough and experienced team principal?
    I don’t know Picci but what I do know is that he has no experience in F1 and no passion for it. He has said as much in German language interviews. We know that he represents some very wealthy people and they seem to trust him. That’s fine, but then we also know that they are not overly passionate about the sport because otherwise they would have come to more than half a dozen races since taking it over. So the only conclusion one can reach is that the team is a plaything that someone hopes might bring in so cash in the long term. A place to go with some mates when there’s nothing else on at the weekend.
    F1 has seen so many similar people over the years and the major fear is that all this will damage the team to such an extent that it will end up on the path to destruction which Manor went down not so long ago. I would hate to see that. Sauber is special. It’s in the wrong place, but they accept that and keep fighting. It’s a family that will do all it can to survive, but it will need an extraordinary person to come in from the outside and get it working properly. In truth, I doubt that person exists because of the nature of the team. It has to be run by an insider, but there are no obvious candidates. Perhaps the problem could be solved by sacrificing the chairman and putting Monisha back in charge. This would obviously steady the ship, but I cannot see that happening at the moment. It is now nearly a week since this all began and there is no sign of a new appointment. This underlines two things: firstly, they were not prepared for Kaltenborn to walk, and secondly, they cannot find anyone else to do the job. That is no surprise because those who understand F1 know that Sauber is different – and trying to change the team is not the right thing to do. There are always people who would take the job if offered, but the word is that those who might be qualified have either turned it down or cannot make up their minds. I wonder if we will have an announcement before Austria. I also wonder how many technical people will leave or be purged in the days ahead.