Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: Need wheel size advice urgently...

My Cars
    2015 BMW M4

Need wheel size advice urgently...

I just purchased a new-to-me 2015 M4, and it came with winter wheels. For those that didn't see my prior post, the tires were too big to fit on this car. BUT, they came on awesome wheels ... Black BMW 19" wheels that were previously on an X6. They are 19" - so /I know not the BEST for winter tires, but they sure look awesome. It was a mistake made by the dealer as the ones that they had in stock for this car were no name 18" with crappier tires.

What I need to know is whether these wheels will fit. They are 19x9 with +30 offset front, and 19x10 with +30 offset on the back. I know the front will fit, but the back will be 1cm further outboard than the stock 19x10's with +40 offset. The tires are 275/35R19. It looks like the extra cm would be fine - but anyone have any thoughts on that?

Also - the dealer tried to suggest these very nice wheels would not work for me anyway (so I should simply trade back for the crappier wheels) because the bolt pattern was different since they were off an X6. When I look it up, the bolt pattern for X6 is 5x120 - same as M4 (and from what I can tell, every other BMW bolt pattern out there). Thoughts here? I measured as best I could just to put my mind at ease, and best I could tell the wheels in hand (nice ones) and the very nice ones on the car all measure at 5x120 using a tape measure and my eyes.

I appreciate the help already - and any help someone can offer as I have a decision to make about just taking these or fighting more (but only if they won't work as I reaaaally like them)

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride! I'm attaching a helpful guide for wheel fitment and spacing/offset. It's a comprehensive guide, but really easy to follow and great general knowledge. Hope this helps!

Wheel Fitment & Spacing Guide
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST