Thread: questions: hub centric rings size, HR 29936 HA springs & more

My Cars
    e36M3/4, e60 525, e39

questions: hub centric rings size, HR 29936 HA springs & more

I removed my rear wheels to tackle a brake job (one of many in the long list of rehab projects).

The car has been sitting for 3 years, having been driven 1-2 times during that period.

I noticed one hub centric ring on the rear driver but the rear passenger was missing its hub centric ring. Ive search quite a bit and can't find what size rings I need. The ring that is on there is really stuck too

Wheels
    - 18x8.5 Hartge Classic
    - et40

1. Anyone know off the top of their head? Or point me in the right direction?
    IMG_0856.jpg
    IMG_0857.jpg

I can't find a definitive answer on the rear springs either (they are paired with destroyed BMW shocks).

H&R 29 936 HA
    Stamped BMW M3 7/98
    I think they are H&R sport for a '95

2. Can I replace the shocks with Koni SA and continue to use the springs? I like the aesthetics of the ride height with the wheels but have issues with rubbing in the back and tires rubbing in the front when I turn the wheel a lot.

3. What size tires are recommended for these wheels/offset? Do I need spacers of some sort regardless?
    Right now the car is running Pzero 255/35/18 in the front and Sumitomo 245/40/18 in the back
    Wheels
    - 18x8.5 Hartge Classic
    - et40

[SIZE="1"]1997 M3/4/5 18x8.5 Hartge Classics, F1 Stage 2 Clutch Kit
    :one This Year :: Koni inserts, HR Sport, Rogue RSM, Ball Joints, Powerflex LCAB, Adjustable Sway Links (DIY), Headliner, MM Underpanel, 3 spoke wheel swap, BavSound Speakers, Bluetooth radio adapter

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    2. Can I replace the shocks with Koni SA and continue to use the springs?
    Assuming it's on stock shocks now, yes I believe so, as long as you make the necessary alterations to the front struts to fit the Konis.

3. What size tires are recommended for these wheels/offset?
    WTF is with those tire sizes. It's like a reverse staggered setup, for more oversteer I guess? Anyways, with those wheels you should run a square setup. Something like a 245/35-18 would fit all around no problem, and it's basically the same height as stock tires on the stock 17 inch wheels as opposed to the taller tires you have on there now (over an inch taller, so your speedometer will be reading low). You probably don't want to run 245/40 or 255/40 for that reason, too much sidewall and height. Or, you could go for a 255/35-18 if you want a more aggressive setup. In either case you might need a small 10-12mm spacer in front (depending on your struts), though you have the 255's in front now so you know they fit there. If you want to put 255's in the rear you might need to roll the fenders as well (if they haven't been already), depending on how wide your particular tires run, how much camber you run, and what ride height you want.

Assuming you didn't select that tire setup, my guess is that the previous owner was trying to go wide and low and either couldn't get the 255's to fit in back at the height they wanted, or didn't want to do the necessary fender work to make them fit.

If this thing's gonna be mainly driven on the street, I'd suggest 245/35-18's and call it good, unless you want to hassle with the tight fit in the rear. You should be able to throw those right on, and have enough clearance to get it pretty low without crazy camber or anything.
    1999 M3/2/5 - Titanium Silver - Track/Weekend Toy

My Cars
    e36M3/4, e60 525, e39
    Quote Originally Posted by TostitoBandito View Post
    2. Can I replace the shocks with Koni SA and continue to use the springs?
    Assuming it's on stock shocks now, yes I believe so, as long as you make the necessary alterations to the front struts to fit the Konis.

WTF is with those tire sizes.

If this thing's gonna be mainly driven on the street, I'd suggest 245/35-18's and call it good, unless you want to hassle with the tight fit in the rear. You should be able to throw those right on, and have enough clearance to get it pretty low without crazy camber or anything.
    Hah - yeah not sure what's up with the tire set up. I don't want to roll the fenders. I think the 245/35 sounds good for street. If I track it, I will track it with stock wheels ����

:one This Year :: Koni inserts, HR Sport, Rogue RSM, Ball Joints, Powerflex LCAB, Adjustable Sway Links (DIY), Headliner, MM Underpanel, 3 spoke wheel swap, BavSound Speakers, Bluetooth radio adapter

My Cars
    e36M3/4, e60 525, e39
    WTF is with those tire sizes. It's like a reverse staggered setup, for more oversteer I guess? Anyways, with those wheels you should run a square setup. Something like a 245/35-18 would fit all around no problem, and it's basically the same height as stock tires on the stock 17 inch wheels as opposed to the taller tires you have on there now (over an inch taller, so your speedometer will be reading low). You probably don't want to run 245/40 or 255/40 for that reason, too much sidewall and height. Or, you could go for a 255/35-18 if you want a more aggressive setup. In either case you might need a small 10-12mm spacer in front (depending on your struts), though you have the 255's in front now so you know they fit there. If you want to put 255's in the rear you might need to roll the fenders as well (if they haven't been already), depending on how wide your particular tires run, how much camber you run, and what ride height you want.
    Quick update on the tire size for this setup directly from Hartge.de (I emailed them a few days ago before posting)

Hartge Classic
    18x8.5"
    et40

Tire Recommendations:
    Front: 225/40/18 with 7mm spacer
    Rear: 255/35/18 with 17mm spacers

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    There's no chance that you fit a 255 in back with a spacer on top. A 255 without a spacer will likely require a fender roll, so adding 17mm of spacer will require more extreme fender mods for certain.

Also, considering your wheels are all the same size I'd encourage the same tire in each corner. This allows you to rotate them for better life, in addition to reducing understeer.

My Cars
    e36M3/4, e60 525, e39
    There's no chance that you fit a 255 in back with a spacer on top. A 255 without a spacer will likely require a fender roll, so adding 17mm of spacer will require more extreme fender mods for certain.

Also, considering your wheels are all the same size I'd encourage the same tire in each corner. This allows you to rotate them for better life, in addition to reducing understeer.
    yeah - the 17mm spacer in back seemed way off. Hoping I can fit 255/35 up front

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by persiandude View Post
    yeah - the 17mm spacer in back seemed way off. Hoping I can fit 255/35 up front
    I thought you said it was already on 255/35 in front?

My Cars
    e36M3/4, e60 525, e39
    I thought you said it was already on 255/35 in front?
    I do - I meant to say hope I can fit them in the back. I tested the Pzero Nero in the back and it wasn't the best. They seem bigger than these Nankangs that I picked up on clearance a while ago