Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 2017 Azerbaijan GP @ Baku City Circuit

My Cars
    02 E46 M3 IR + 13 Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldUlysses View Post
    My finger is getting twitchy on the ban hammer trigger, folks.

On topic:

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/...s-behind-this/

Nice, even-handed take from JA.
    my bad regarding that comment - sorry about that!

My Cars
    02 E46 M3 IR + 13 Honda
    https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017...-punishment-2/

- - - Updated - - -

I would love for Alonso to be back in a Ferrari - I have no doubts that he has been and will always be regarded as one of the greats, in spite of whatever political baggage he brings with him. I doubt anyone can deny the talent that Alonso is - he is relentless and he works and adjusts his driving style to any car no matter if its superior or inferior.

For e.g. Kimi always complains about the front end not being sharp and it hampering his turn-in confidence, while he was at Ferrari in spite of the fact that Alonso drove the same car to achieve better results than what the chassis was capable of, he has always done this not matter which team he has gone to, this can not be debated.

On a side note to the above JA story, the below is interesting as well:

And this: https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017...res-a-thought/

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    I like James Allen - good articles and generally not biased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
    my bad regarding that comment - sorry about that!
    Thanks for the follow-up. All good.

Eh. Not sure I'm on board here:

The interesting thing is that Ferrari will now see just how worthless its attitude towards the media has been in recent months. The team is about to get its arse handed to it on a plate. There is no sympathy at all in the media as a result of the team’s stupid decision to deliberately ignore the press. They can wail and gripe and no one cares (apart from a few sycophants and some Italians who only see red) because the company has blown the goodwill that it used to have. If you plant stinging nettles in your garden, you should not be surprised if you get stung. Maybe ignoring the press has allowed the team to focus more on getting the job done, but it was never an intelligent move. The point of Ferrari being in F1 is to sell cars and winning races is not the whole story. Engagement is important.
    The media =/= the fans. Methinks the media is far more outraged over what Vettel did than the fans are, who, like many pundits and racers have said, like to see a bit of emotion in a race.

I would love for Alonso to be back in a Ferrari - I have no doubts that he has been and will always be regarded as one of the greats, in spite of whatever political baggage he brings with him. I doubt anyone can deny the talent that Alonso is - he is relentless and he works and adjusts his driving style to any car no matter if its superior or inferior.
    Same here.
    Current: '94 MX-6 V6/5 • '72 240Z • '10 Mazda5
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6 • '95 525i/5 • '86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S
    Wish list: Type 44 • Manta • Pre-'85 CGT • 405 Mi16 • SVX • W123 Coupe

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    Alonso is a tremendous talent, no doubt. That he's lost the last few years in the McHonda is borderline criminal.

Don't see him climbing back into an F-car, though, so long as Seb is there. Ferrari have operated with a 1-2 driver policy, even if not explicitly or publicly stated, for a very long time. That's where Kimi's value comes into play. He's arguably the best number two driver on the grid, but no longer fast enough to consistently challenge Vettel, and I think that's pretty much exactly what Ferrari want. Throwing Alonso into the other car would create more trouble than it'd be worth.

My Cars
    yay
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart951 View Post
    Alonso is a tremendous talent, no doubt. That he's lost the last few years in the McHonda is borderline criminal.

Don't see him climbing back into an F-car, though, so long as Seb is there. Ferrari have operated with a 1-2 driver policy, even if not explicitly or publicly stated, for a very long time. That's where Kimi's value comes into play. He's arguably the best number two driver on the grid, but no longer fast enough to consistently challenge Vettel, and I think that's pretty much exactly what Ferrari want. Throwing Alonso into the other car would create more trouble than it'd be worth.
    Agreed... Ferrari's out. Merc won't want him for the same reasons. I can't see an option better than McLaren opening up for him.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789