Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Azerbaijan GP @ Baku City Circuit

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Quote Originally Posted by VĒmp View Post
    Sure, lets start with you "You ain't rubbin', you ain't racin'."
    it's a Days of Thunder reference

I hope this little hissy fit you're throwing and the passive aggression that goes with it is a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BoldUlysses View Post
    I agree completely. Vettel didn't turn in intentionally; he just drifted into Hamilton since he was more focused on gesturing at that point.

Excuse? No---these are the best drivers in the world; if anyone should be in control of their car all the time, it's them. But it sure looked like an honest mistake to me, not a case of road rage-fueled contact.
    This. Vettel's onboard footage of the event makes it clear that he didn't get alongside Hammy and suddenly wrench the wheel to the right to "teach him a lesson" or whatever.

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    I'm not sure they're the best drivers. Maldonado terrorized F1 for a while and the twit Vettel is about to begin his reign of terror.

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldUlysses View Post
    I agree completely. Vettel didn't turn in intentionally; he just drifted into Hamilton since he was more focused on gesturing at that point.

Excuse? No---these are the best drivers in the world; if anyone should be in control of their car all the time, it's them. But it sure looked like an honest mistake to me, not a case of road rage-fueled contact.
    +1
    On a lighter note, we can clearly distinguish the fanboys from the objective observers here. Calling Ham innocent victim would never hold water in this world, perhaps yes in alternative worlds.
    Oh yeah, i almost forgot. What Hamster did last year to Nico would make him despicable for me at very best. Asking the team to order Bottas to stop chasing 2nd place and slow down Vettel just confirmed my opinion that he is ready to everything and anything without even realising the morality of it. But karma is a b!tch, and sneaky one at that
    Last edited by bawareca; 06-26-2017 at 09:02 PM.

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Theyre all ready to do anything. Vettel takes it further using his car like a batarang. They are ruthless. You forget Multi21, and his rant to Charlie last year in Mexico?

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    FIA were wrong in Mexico. Again, like Bernie is gone, likewise Charlie Whiting and all of his buddies need to retire.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Theyre all ready to do anything. Vettel takes it further using his car like a batarang. They are ruthless. You forget Multi21, and his rant to Charlie last year in Mexico?
    I like this one

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Yes, thats a good one. What did the stewards say?

15.05 - Stewards Decision Doc33 - L.Hamilton, N.Rosberg
    Last edited by VĒmp; 06-26-2017 at 09:28 PM.

My Cars
    Driveway friendly E36 M3
    I'm not sure they're the best drivers. Maldonado terrorized F1 for a while and the twit Vettel is about to begin his reign of terror.
    You quite purposefully seem to be forgetting Hamilton's reign of terror. Quite a lot of incidents that I don't have to remind you about as long as you stop using selective memory

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Racing incidents are different. All drivers have those. Side swiping like Vettel and Maldonado is something else

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Yes, thats a good one. What did the stewards say?
    Is Google down?

My Cars
    Driveway friendly E36 M3
    Racing incidents are different. All drivers have those. Side swiping like Vettel and Maldonado is something else
    Ah yes there goes the use of selective memory once again

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    I added the stewards decision, just for you

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    This incident is similar to what happened between Montoya and Schumacher at Nurburgring GP where Schumacher was leading the pack during a restart and backed up a lot of drivers with Montoya nearly running into him. Just like Vettet he gets right beside him waving and telling to speed up.

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by auaq View Post
    This incident is similar to what happened between Montoya and Schumacher at Nurburgring GP where Schumacher was leading the pack during a restart and backed up a lot of drivers with Montoya nearly running into him. Just like Vettet he gets right beside him waving and telling to speed up.
    Did Montoya ram him on the side? i don't remember. VET was caught napping and rammed HAM from behind. The second incident of the side swipe was too much

My Cars
    '00 M Coupe
    Also quite funny: Hamilton mentions how Vettel should set an example for children, then in the same interview challenges Vettel to a fight. The guy is such a dbag it hurts.

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Hamilton has a black belt in Karate. It would be an easy win. I'm not aware of the twit Vettel martial arts abilities.

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Do you agree with the stewards' decision to give Vettel a 10-second drive-thru penalty instead of black-flagging him?

If not, then you concede stewards' decisions can be wrong.

And they were 100% wrong in Mexico last year.

Multi21 was a case of intra-team rivalry and had nothing to do with the stewards or other drivers, and has no bearing on the incident in Baku.
    Current: '94 MX-6 V6/5 • '72 240Z • '10 Mazda5
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6 • '95 525i/5 • '86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S
    Wish list: Type 44 • Manta • Pre-'85 CGT • 405 Mi16 • SVX • W123 Coupe

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Yes i agree with it. It was also said that they considered a disqualification. FIA may still look into this, so i dont think its over.

They looked at video evidence and telemetry data. Vettel messed up here plain and simple.

On Multi 21 etc, another poster brought up other non baku related stuff and i responded in kind.
    Last edited by VĒmp; 06-26-2017 at 10:05 PM.

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    ^Well then you have drunk the FIA/British press Kool-Aid sir. Can't help you.
    Current: '94 MX-6 V6/5 • '72 240Z • '10 Mazda5
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6 • '95 525i/5 • '86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S
    Wish list: Type 44 • Manta • Pre-'85 CGT • 405 Mi16 • SVX • W123 Coupe

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Lets keep it civil LOL

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Off related question ... but when will Liberty Media lift off this video copyright thing? Any video link that I try to watch is immediately taken down due to copyrights.

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Hamilton has a black belt in Karate. It would be an easy win. I'm not aware of the twit Vettel martial arts abilities.
    Karate only works v karate.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Let's all agree on a few points:

1. That race was truly amazing to watch, full of ups and downs for almost every driver in the field.
    2. Hamilton definitely caused the pack to bunch up, whether or not it's enough to fit the definition of brake checking aside.
    3. Vettel definitely put himself in position to bump Hamilton, whether or not it was on purpose.
    4. The race was more interesting as a result, especially since both drivers had to pit for different reasons.
    5. They're both whiny pricks.

Let's spend less time getting bent out of shape about this stuff and more time appreciating how interesting that race was!
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVA164 View Post
    Let's all agree on a few points:

1. That race was truly amazing to watch, full of ups and downs for almost every driver in the field.
    2. Hamilton definitely caused the pack to bunch up, whether or not it's enough to fit the definition of brake checking aside.
    3. Vettel definitely put himself in position to bump Hamilton, whether or not it was on purpose.
    4. The race was more interesting as a result, especially since both drivers had to pit for different reasons.
    5. They're both whiny pricks.

Let's spend less time getting bent out of shape about this stuff and more time appreciating how interesting that race was!
    5. That ... I agree! Lol

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    ?

For me? I am well aware of their decision, you are the one who asked.
    Did Montoya ram him on the side? i don't remember. VET was caught napping and rammed HAM from behind. The second incident of the side swipe was too much
    I am seeing this line a lot from the Hammsters. Why on earth would Vettel be "napping" on the final corner before a restart while in P2? I'd love to hear your reasoning for that.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast