Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Azerbaijan GP @ Baku City Circuit

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Quote Originally Posted by VĒmp View Post
    Stewards confirmed no brake check, you can keep ignoring that i guess. Vettel will likely get additional penalty, the twit deserves it.
    Hammy whined about the "dangerously" slow safety car numerous times, and then slowed down far more than was necessary before that restart. Whether he physically used his brakes or coasted is irrelevant.

As always, watching Hammy fans act like he is a victim of his good nature continues to amuse.

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Same with watching the twit-Vettel fans defend him

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Who is defending Vettel's actions? Feel free to quote them

My Cars
    yay
    Zing.

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Sure, lets start with you "You ain't rubbin', you ain't racin'."

My Cars
    02 E46 M3 IR + 13 Honda
    its funny how the world rides, how sports fan, media, journos etc think - back in the day wheel banging was supposed to be "be a man" - the guys are racing, emotions are high, adrenaline is full on etc...then everyone whimpers down and starts complaining the racing is too sterile, they arent wheel-to-wheel, touching wheels, kissing the wheels etc. Now, 1 driver tries to be "more human" letting his emotions take control for a jiffy of a second and the same twits and the same hamerfanboys are out in full swing!

I thought it was just on-track incident and the world should move on, but now the pro-brits are busy with anti-vettel campaigns, Lew Lew - is busy with his "4 time champ doing a disgrace" comments to attract more social media rats, and more dumb journos trying to get into the mix to sell more media!

Move on, grow a pair, digest what happened - and on to better things!

We should be glad we got a glimpse of what this championship will eventually turn out to be - from now on it will be a FULL-ON Vettel vs Hamilton saga that will see even more ups and downs, as F1 and race fans we have been waiting for such a championship - just enjoy the journey!
    Last edited by Blanchimont; 06-26-2017 at 03:32 PM.

My Cars
    Driveway friendly E36 M3
    Oh the irony, Senna's biggest fan says Vettel is a disgrace for doing essentially the same stuff as what Senna did in the past
    Last edited by BoldUlysses; 06-26-2017 at 04:11 PM. Reason: profanity

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Yea, Senna was a disgrace for what he did to Prost, and Schumacher (May he rise again) for his antics.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldUlysses View Post
    I get that they're British and he's the "hometown hero," but isn't there some rule of journalistic ethics that at least requires you to ATTEMPT to get a quote from the other side? Total blackout of Vettel's side of the story. Crickets---as usual.

On a related note, part of me wants to give F1 drivers shock treatment every time they say the word "obviously."

- - - Updated - - -

Case in point as to why there's so much Hamazon hate around here: The sanctimonious "He's a multi world champion and I hope the kids don't try to emulate his behavior and blah blah blah." C'mon dude. Get off your high horse.
    +1

I understand that Britain is clearly the biggest financial influencer of the sport, most of the staff not only in the F1 organisation but the teams as well, medias like Sky are absolutely vital to F1's income etc., but that doesn't mean they can keep this nationalist bias BS going on so blatantly!

They should kick out all the ultra-nationalist unsporting British old farts running F1 just to benefit British commercial interests. Charlie should seriously f*** off of be forced to f*** off! How can a sport be so overwhelmingly staffed by a certain nationality?? Because Bernie of course, but Bernie is gone now so they can maybe take a BIT of the corruption out of this 'sport'.

Then they should add a new rule that ramming Hamilton is not only allowed but mandatory each race, until he wises up and learns to behave even remotely like a human being.

I also hate how Mercedes is still clearly the fastest car out there still, that brief Ferrari equalisation was just a blip it seems. At least Bottas beat Hamilton today. And Vettel too, that was poetic justice!

I don't like Bottas' stupid move causing a collision with Kimi though: he should've known he can't get on the kerb like that, but I guess he was once again panicking and refused to slow down enough to go 'round the kerb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RRocket View Post
    First off what a race. I assumed Baku was going to be garbage, so I was waiting for the replay trying to avoid spoilers but accidentally saw something about VET being penalized and safety cars everywhere, so I couldn't wait to get it started.

This sort of pissed me off because the world feed cameras were on RIC as he was crossing the line, but like 2 turns before the finish straight they were displaying the gap times and BOT was about 1 second behind Stroll, and I'm thinking surely Bottas can catch Stroll on the long straight and it will be a good finish for P2 and P3. But no. Not even the NBC guys knew what was going on. Leigh Diffey was going on and on about Ricardo winning, when he was leading by like 10 seconds and the real race was for P2-P5, and then they were like "Did Bottas pass Stroll???"

The NBC guys have gotten way better over the past couple years, but that was terrible. I can't stand the Sky Sports or BBC broadcasts. David Croft literally says "ROUND THE OUTSIDE" in every freaking corner

Shoey is still funny and its Danny Rics thing, I see no reason for him to stop doing it.

Force India needs to get their sh** together. Vettel is a moron for side swiping Hamiltion, but Hamilton is also a tool so I sort of don't care

+1

It was clear that whoever chooses the graphics had no idea that Ham-Vet battle was close, since they never picked that reference in the last 10 laps. They only concentrated on Stroll-Bottas-Vettel for some reason, and sporadically kept an eye on Ric.
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    1998 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by fullyflaredd View Post
    Oh the irony, Senna's biggest fan says Vettel is a disgrace for doing essentially the same stuff as what Senna did in the past
    Wrong. Senna never sped up under the safety car and out of rage turned into lead car. Charlie was probably told by Liberty, "do not black flag Vettel because controversy gets the ratings up".
    Last edited by BoldUlysses; 06-26-2017 at 04:11 PM. Reason: profanity

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Senna did take Prost out at Suzuka to clinch 1990 championship. Stewards were instructed to be more lenient this season. They will be careful penalizing championship contenders.
    Last edited by VĒmp; 06-26-2017 at 03:59 PM.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by RRocket View Post
    LOL. Hamilton is a world class driver, he is also a disingenuous tool. He is arguably the best driver in the field but the "everyone is out to get me" shtick is played out. He is the Lebron of F1
    He is not he best driver in the field, and there is no way to even measure that anyway. He has had the best car for most of his career, he sucked when he didn't, and has now had an overwhelmingly unbeatable car for years as well as very mediocre drivers as teammates (sorry, but Ros and Bot are mediocre). Hamilton still keeps screwing up with how he treats his car and has no idea about tactics, even though an army of experts have been trying to get the basics through his thick skull for what, a decade??

Hamilton has only recently understood that him being 'faster than everyone else' followed by 'there's something wrong with my tires' was just him scorching his tires by pushing way too hard and then suffering from the consequences while everyone else had more than double-digit IQ's and drove in a way that suited their tires... (Well, at least he and Sky Sports got to gush about how fast he was compared to the rest, and how he was a 'victim of bad tires and whatever' in their endless stories about Hamilton greatness even though it was not true.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart951 View Post
    I'd like to see the telemetry.

A report telling me what the telemetry says is of lesser value; especially from the FIA; and especially when my eyes saw something different.

I have no problem with what Vettel did. With all the artificial gimmicks out on track, these days, it was a treat to see something genuine.

+1

FIA is clearly lying out of their ass again. Everyone could see what happened live, even without a single replay even. You could look at a grainy replay played from an old VCR tape displayed from an 80's tv and see it. Anyone who has seen a replay of that and still argues that Hamilton didn't deliberately brake check Vettel and deserves a penalty is dishonest.

What Vettel did was wrong, and yet somehow so right. (And he did no damage at all.)

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxxxxx View Post
    On the other hand, the collision seemingly had quite an affect on Vettels short term memory.
    Well I'm pretty sure Vettel didn't actually drive dangerously but instead knew exactly what he was doing, where and how he was hitting Hamilton, at what speed and situation...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart951 View Post
    Not as amazing as the ability to willfully ignore context in the rush to express faux outrage.
    +1

- - - Updated - - -

Stewards confirmed no brake check, you can keep ignoring that i guess. Vettel will likely get additional penalty, the twit deserves it.
    Why don't you go back to Sky Sports and reading Hamilton's Instagram and Snapchat... Hamilton brake checked Vettel, there is 110% no doubt.

BTW how do you feel now that Hamilton lost to Vettel and in addition to that is far back in the championship? Haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    Hammy whined about the "dangerously" slow safety car numerous times, and then slowed down far more than was necessary before that restart. Whether he physically used his brakes or coasted is irrelevant.

As always, watching Hammy fans act like he is a victim of his good nature continues to amuse.
    +1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
    its funny how the world rides, how sports fan, media, journos etc think - back in the day wheel banging was supposed to be "be a man" - the guys are racing, emotions are high, adrenaline is full on etc...then everyone whimpers down and starts complaining the racing is too sterile, they arent wheel-to-wheel, touching wheels, kissing the wheels etc. Now, 1 driver tries to be "more human" letting his emotions take control for a jiffy of a second and the same twits and the same hamerfanboys are out in full swing!

I thought it was just on-track incident and the world should move on, but now the pro-brits are busy with anti-vettel campaigns, Lew Lew - is busy with his "4 time champ doing a disgrace" comments to attract more social media rats, and more dumb journos trying to get into the mix to sell more media!

Move on, grow a pair, digest what happened - and on to better things!

We should be glad we got a glimpse of what this championship will eventually turn out to be - from now on it will be a FULL-ON Vettel vs Hamilton saga that will see even more ups and downs, as F1 and race fans we have been waiting for such a championship - just enjoy the journey!
    So true. Unfortunately most of human beings are sickeningly dishonest, corrupt, opportunistic rats that will do ANYTHING and say anything to gain a bit of money. And that's why honesty is in such short supply, for example like now in the press and with people like Hamilton. Anything that benefits their career, image, bank account...doesn't matter how low they stoop they'll go with it.

My Cars
    Driveway friendly E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by hakentt View Post
    Wrong. Senna never sped up under the safety car and out of rage turned into lead car. Charlie was probably told by Liberty, "do not black flag Vettel because controversy gets the ratings up".
    Yeah not exactly, hence my use of "essentially", because hitting another car on purpose is well....hitting another car on purpose. At least what Vettel did wasn't extremely dangerous, regardless of what the British media might have to say. Key word being "extremely"
    Last edited by fullyflaredd; 06-26-2017 at 04:27 PM.

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneZium View Post

Why don't you go back to Sky Sports and reading Hamilton's Instagram and Snapchat... Hamilton brake checked Vettel, there is 110% no doubt.

BTW how do you feel now that Hamilton lost to Vettel and in addition to that is far back in the championship? Haha.

- - - Updated - - -

I think youre a comedian, ill leave it at that

My Cars
    Driveway friendly E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneZium View Post

I also hate how Mercedes is still clearly the fastest car out there still, that brief Ferrari equalisation was just a blip it seems. At least Bottas beat Hamilton today. And Vettel too, that was poetic justice!
    This. The Mercedes is clearly faster, yet whenever Hamilton wins its due to skill, but whenever another driver wins its due to their machinery.

The same people who criticize Vettel for winning his titles with superior machinery seem to forget that Hamilton has been in a far superior car the past several years.

On a side note, I think the only reason the McLarens finished is because they spent so much time behind the safety car that they weren't being stressed out at all
    Last edited by fullyflaredd; 06-26-2017 at 04:37 PM.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Yeah not exactly, hence my use of "essentially", because hitting another car on purpose is well....hitting another car on purpose. At least what Vettel did wasn't extremely dangerous, regardless of what the British media might have to say. Key word being "extremely"
    As someone already noted: Hammy kept complaining that the safety car being 'slow' was 'extremely dangerous' and then he purposefully almost completely stopped his car right at the exit of a corner CAUSING A COLLISION!!

- - - Updated - - -

This. The Mercedes is clearly faster, yet whenever Hamilton wins its due to skill, but whenever another driver wins its due to their machinery.

The same people who criticize Vettel for winning his titles with superior machinery seem to forget that Hamilton has been in a far superior car the past several years.

On a side note, I think the only reason the McLarens finished is because they spent so much time behind the safety car that they weren't being stressed out at all
    I guess McLaren (who should've stayed with Mercedes power) should always use their Monza setup: maybe the extra drag of a normal setup puts too much strain on the Honda engines...

- - - Updated - - -

I think youre a comedian, ill leave it at that
    And you're straight up dishonest: everyone knows that Hamilton almost came to a full stop right at the exit of a corner. Even the Force India which was much further behind Vettel before Hammy hit the anchors was nearly caught up in the bunch-up.

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Not the stewards apparently. The lead car controls the pace behind the safety car.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Not the stewards apparently. The lead car controls the pace behind the safety car.
    Yes, true, but there's also a rule (will have to dig it up) that states you can't slow down so much to cause the pace behind you bunch up and may potentially cause an accident.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    From F1's site:

Drivers must not drive unnecessarily slowly, erratically or in a manner that could be deemed potentially dangerous to other competitors. Drivers may not pit, unless it is to change tyres. They are also not permitted to overtake, except if another driver in front enters the pit lane or slows with an obvious problem.
    - - - Updated - - -

https://www.formula1.com/en/champion...ng_a_race.html

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Right, and stewards concluded he did not violate the rule. Next

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Stewards determined his pace and accel/deccel was the same as the previous two safety starts on that very corner. But i guess you know more than them

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    I think Vettel was expecting Hamilton to get on the throttle while Hamilton was trying to give himself more time and space before the SC gets to the pit lane which is completely understandable and you are entitled to do so as the lead car. However, in my view, he slowed down too quickly and suddenly which was unusual to see that. Some sources are suggesting that Hamilton did apply the brakes or slightly tapped on it enough to drastically reduce his speed. Hence, viewed as 'brake testing' Vettel. Supposedly from 65 kph to about 49 kph in a matter of split seconds. I don't know how or where are they getting this information from and I'm trying to find Hamilton's onboard telemetry to find out whether this happened before, at, or after the apex.

To be honest, I see this as more of a racing incident of the first part. A bit of a miscalculation or misjudgement from both drivers. One slowed down too quickly and one got on the throttle too quickly.

Now, the aftermath of that event, triggering Vettel into rage mode, and then furiously steering into Hamilton's car is blown out of proportions by the media and the internet. I know a lot isn't going to agree with me here but after looking from Vettel's onboard shot it seems that he wasn't really trying to side-swipe into Hamilton intentionally at all but rather tried to get his attention. He already had his hands up and waved at him, and looked down at him, but unfortunately didn't pay attention to his own steering wheel turned towards him at all. And long before he realized it, he banged wheels against him. Also, the fact this happened so quickly in real time made it look like intentional, but the onboard replays show otherwise.

Hate to say it, but this has put Vettel in a bad spotlight because obviously the driver who rear ends into someone else will always be at fault, then on top of that "intentionally ramming into somebody else" makes it a lot more worse.

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Quote Originally Posted by auaq View Post
    I know a lot isn't going to agree with me here but after looking from Vettel's onboard shot it seems that he wasn't really trying to side-swipe into Hamilton intentionally at all but rather tried to get his attention. He already had his hands up and waved at him, and looked down at him, but unfortunately didn't pay attention to his own steering wheel turned towards him at all. And long before he realized it, he banged wheels against him. Also, the fact this happened so quickly in real time made it look like intentional, but the onboard replays show otherwise.
    I agree completely. Vettel didn't turn in intentionally; he just drifted into Hamilton since he was more focused on gesturing at that point.

Excuse? No---these are the best drivers in the world; if anyone should be in control of their car all the time, it's them. But it sure looked like an honest mistake to me, not a case of road rage-fueled contact.
    Current: '94 MX-6 V6/5 • '72 240Z • '10 Mazda5
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6 • '95 525i/5 • '86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S
    Wish list: Type 44 • Manta • Pre-'85 CGT • 405 Mi16 • SVX • W123 Coupe

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast