Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Azerbaijan GP @ Baku City Circuit

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by badmonkey View Post
    FIA, paragon of reason, neutrality, and transparency.
    Yes, they should ban the twit Vettel for a race, or a grid penalty at next race

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Did Stroll lift at the end? Bottas must've gotten the tow of the century; I don't even think he had DRS.
    Current: '94 MX-6 V6/5 • '72 240Z • '10 Mazda5
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6 • '95 525i/5 • '86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S
    Wish list: Type 44 • Manta • Pre-'85 CGT • 405 Mi16 • SVX • W123 Coupe

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldUlysses View Post
    Did Stroll lift at the end? Bottas must've gotten the tow of the century; I don't even think he had DRS.
    I don't think he lifted - I think something happened to his car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    I would like to see the Monday morning headline as, "Hamilton got banged from behind!"

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Quote Originally Posted by m3fuz View Post
    It's customer fuel cut mode, passive activation when works is approaching.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Quote Originally Posted by badmonkey View Post
    It's customer fuel cut mode, passive activation when works is approaching.
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    1998 e36
    F1 is starting to look like Indycar from mid 1990s sense Ecclestone is gone. I predicted this. Safety car GP. Order Hamilton to come in to fix head rest, Vettel only 10 seconds when for that he did is clear DQ? Force Ricciardo to do the stupid shoe thing on the podium. This is no racing.

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    The track is crap. Very difficult to clear anything thus safety car. FIA will need to address penalties. Shoey thing is disgusting. Very wise for Bottas to avoid it.

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Quote Originally Posted by hakentt View Post
    Force Ricciardo to do the stupid shoe thing on the podium.
    Quote Originally Posted by VĒmp View Post
    Shoey thing is disgusting. Very wise for Bottas to avoid it.
    I kind of agree with you guys there. The first time he did it, it was spontaneous and awesome. The 2nd time, when he did it in Malaysia, it was a crowd-pleaser. Now it's played out, IMO.
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6 • '95 525i/5 • '86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S

My Cars
    02 E46 M3 IR + 13 Honda
    In the mean time the British telecasting company aka Sky Sports - with all their pro-british driver rants, and pro-hamilton rants - all the Sky journo jokers are in full swing with anti-Vettel rants!

My Cars
    VW MK7 GTI
    First off what a race. I assumed Baku was going to be garbage, so I was waiting for the replay trying to avoid spoilers but accidentally saw something about VET being penalized and safety cars everywhere, so I couldn't wait to get it started.

Quote Originally Posted by m3fuz View Post
    This sort of pissed me off because the world feed cameras were on RIC as he was crossing the line, but like 2 turns before the finish straight they were displaying the gap times and BOT was about 1 second behind Stroll, and I'm thinking surely Bottas can catch Stroll on the long straight and it will be a good finish for P2 and P3. But no. Not even the NBC guys knew what was going on. Leigh Diffey was going on and on about Ricardo winning, when he was leading by like 10 seconds and the real race was for P2-P5, and then they were like "Did Bottas pass Stroll???"

The NBC guys have gotten way better over the past couple years, but that was terrible. I can't stand the Sky Sports or BBC broadcasts. David Croft literally says "ROUND THE OUTSIDE" in every freaking corner

The track is crap. Very difficult to clear anything thus safety car. FIA will need to address penalties. Shoey thing is disgusting. Very wise for Bottas to avoid it.
    Shoey is still funny and its Danny Rics thing, I see no reason for him to stop doing it.

Force India needs to get their sh** together. Vettel is a moron for side swiping Hamiltion, but Hamilton is also a tool so I sort of don't care
    Last edited by RRocket; 06-26-2017 at 09:34 AM.

RTR

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
    In the mean time the British telecasting company aka Sky Sports - with all their pro-british driver rants, and pro-hamilton rants - all the Sky journo jokers are in full swing with anti-Vettel rants!
    I get that they're British and he's the "hometown hero," but isn't there some rule of journalistic ethics that at least requires you to ATTEMPT to get a quote from the other side? Total blackout of Vettel's side of the story. Crickets---as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by RRocket View Post
    The NBC guys have gotten way better over the past couple years, but that was terrible. I can't stand the Sky Sports or BBC broadcasts. David Croft literally says "ROUND THE OUTSIDE" in every freaking corner
    On a related note, part of me wants to give F1 drivers shock treatment every time they say the word "obviously."

- - - Updated - - -

Vettel is a moron for side swiping Hamiltion, but Hamilton is also a tool so I sort of don't care
    Case in point as to why there's so much Hamazon hate around here: The sanctimonious "He's a multi world champion and I hope the kids don't try to emulate his behavior and blah blah blah." C'mon dude. Get off your high horse.

My Cars
    VW MK7 GTI
    I get that they're British and he's the "hometown hero," but isn't there some rule of journalistic ethics that at least requires you to ATTEMPT to get a quote from the other side? Total blackout of Vettel's side of the story. Crickets---as usual.

On a related note, part of me wants to give F1 drivers shock treatment every time they say the word "obviously."

- - - Updated - - -

Case in point as to why there's so much Hamazon hate around here: The sanctimonious "He's a multi world champion and I hope the kids don't try to emulate his behavior and blah blah blah." C'mon dude. Get off your high horse.
    LOL. Hamilton is a world class driver, he is also a disingenuous tool. He is arguably the best driver in the field but the "everyone is out to get me" shtick is played out. He is the Lebron of F1

RTR

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    I wont go back and forth with you, serves no purpose. Just look at the FIA reports.
    I'd like to see the telemetry.

A report telling me what the telemetry says is of lesser value; especially from the FIA; and especially when my eyes saw something different.

I have no problem with what Vettel did. With all the artificial gimmicks out on track, these days, it was a treat to see something genuine.

My Cars
    yay
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart951 View Post
    I have no problem with what Vettel did. With all the artificial gimmicks out on track, these days, it was a treat to see something genuine.
    +1

With sports being so polished, its nice to see something real.

I really enjoyed them employing an actual safety car. Made it all so much more interesting.

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Hamplifier is Senna's biggest fan. I wonder how he feels about what Senna did to Prost at Suzuka 1990 (72034823094 more dangerous than what happened yesterday) vs. Vettel's tap in Baku.

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    LOL. Hamilton is a world class driver, he is also a disingenuous tool. He is arguably the best driver in the field but the "everyone is out to get me" shtick is played out. He is the Lebron of F1
    Agreed, almost. I still think Alonso is a better all-around driver, but the rest of the comment is spot on.

A report telling me what the telemetry says is of lesser value; especially from the FIA; and especially when my eyes saw something different.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxxxxx View Post
    +1

With sports being so polished, its nice to see something real.

I really enjoyed them employing an actual safety car. Made it all so much more interesting.
    +1 to both of the above.
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    i wasn't that big of a deal to make it look like attempted murder, we never saw if vettel actually turned, or he let go of the wheel to gesticulate at LH. And all the brits seem to forget when LH rammed Raikkonen at the end of the pit lane in 2008...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbSL8edgC3Y
    e30 325i, the mighty 4 door granma mobile....Gone
    e39 528i, 4 door sports tank

My Cars
    yay
    On the other hand, the collision seemingly had quite an affect on Vettels short term memory.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird

+2 Agreed.

FIA with their decision makings and giving out penalties are a joke.

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Amazing that some people think side swiping is ok.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    You ain't rubbin', you ain't racin'.

My Cars
    yay
    Amazing that some people think brake checking is ok.
    Fixed that for ya

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    Not as amazing as the ability to willfully ignore context in the rush to express faux outrage.

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Stewards confirmed no brake check, you can keep ignoring that i guess. Vettel will likely get additional penalty, the twit deserves it.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast